Harvard bans neckties on campus as chauvinistic hate speech

[img]/images/various_uploads/Necktie_CIS_Banned.jpg[/img]

Harvard University has written a new dress code that defines ties, a traditional male dress accessory, as a symbol of oppression, chauvinism, and hate speech. The decision came after a women's rights group petitioned the school board to ban neckties after the group claimed that students have been triggered by seeing such a “flamboyant and offensive” micro-aggression carried around even by their own professors.

Immediately after the board's decision, a mass email was sent to all students and faculty of the new dress code stating that if the new policy was disobeyed it could bring about “serious consequences” including expulsion. In the email it expressed the belief that a man wearing a tie is just as offensive if not more so than a white man in black face.

“The necktie is nothing more than an archaic phallic symbol” said Nancy Gilmore, the organizer of the Harvard Women's rights group responsible for the ban. “The only purpose of a tie is to draw attention to a cis-male's groin. It points directly at it. Something as disgusting as that should have no place in society let alone a place of higher learning. How do they expect women to better themselves if they constantly have men rubbing their privilege in their face with those horrible bits of fabric. When I see a cis-male in a necktie I fantasize about hanging him by it.”

Violence and threats of violence have become more and more prevalent on American campuses in recent months and have even more recently become socially accepted as long as those kinds of acts and words are directed at anyone who is not a member of the social justice movement. This can be indicated by Gilmore's history of threats and off-color remarks on campus that is staunchly protected by the University.

Since the women's rights group has successfully petitioned an ivy league college to change its dress code to accommodate them, they have since stated that they are seeking funds to spread the policy to other schools nationwide in an effort that has garnished over $9,000 since the writing of this article.

I think feel that this policy should be extended to bolo ties as well, since their clasps are flagrant examples of cultural appropriation and their dangling ends suggest the horrors of KKK lynch mobs.

Neckerchiefs must go as well, with all their visual references to the cis-masculinist and phallocentric machismo of the (shudder) cowboy.

Life imitates the People's Cube -

About 2 months ago, one Emily Simon of Los Angeles, CA, started this petition on Change.org, and it collected 129 signatures, probably from the members of the same NOW chapter:

Petition · Donald Trump: Ban Neckties Immediately!

When disastrous decisions are made about women's health, they are always made by men in neckties.

Is this merely correlative? Perhaps. But could it be causative? Perhaps.

More research is needed. The evidence strongly suggests that restricting the flow of oxygen to our male politicians is harmful to women's health.

The outdated custom of necktie-wearing in formal spaces may have resulted in brain damage to the men who are forced to comply with it. We ask that our President place a temporary ban on the wearing of neckties by legislators until until our country's scientists can figure out what is going on.

This petition will be delivered to:

Donald Trump

Perhaps they would be happy with a Stolypin Necktie?

NOW WHAT? I used Neckties to hide my belly button. I sure hope they don't make me shave, as belly button hair can be construed as' too masculine' as well.
o-MAN-HAIRY-STOMACH-570.jpg

Chedoh wrote:"When I see a cis-male in a necktie I fantasize about hanging him by it.”

Violence and threats of violence have become more and more prevalent on American campuses in recent months and have even more recently become socially accepted as long as those kinds of acts and words are directed at anyone who is not a member of the social justice movement. This can be indicated by Gilmore's history of threats and off-color remarks on campus that is staunchly protected by the University.

Goodthinking comrades must wonder why Comrade Gilmore has yet to sue anyone for all the obvious psychological damage which has been inflicted upon her by seeing so many men wearing these blatant symbols of oppression and misogyny.

Comrade Putout wrote:.
I would say Chairpersonwoman of The Itty Bitty Titty Committee. Or Genosse Dummkopf. Close?

He/she/it is the traitor patriot, Chelsea Manning (an oddly ironic last name).

Note that I wear a neck tie...well...actually it's three neck ties tied together because they don't make them in my size. My neck tie points at the sacred ground into which our forebears spilled their blood in defense of the Motherland. Or, it points at the ground directly below my neck when I lurch around on all fours. Or, it doesn't point at anything meaningful at all, and in that respect it is precisely like the feeble pseudo-philosphy of fembecile anarchist, Nancy Gilmore, who petitioned POTUS Trump to ban neck ties.

In an older, saner time (a decade ago), Nancy Gilmore would have been assigned the meaningless heroic task of weaving baskets at State Mental Hospital #693, and the limitless kindness and magnanimity of The People would have guaranteed her slave labor employment for the rest of her natural life.

Papa Kalashnikook wrote:
Comrade Putout (cit.) wrote:
tmp.png
... Or Genosse Dummkopf. Close?
Genosse Kalaschnikuk, yu must haf a "memo" zhat even our Stasi not hafing ist.

mi
I sense a Snopes' rebuttal of this fake news...
Red Square wrote:About 2 months ago, one Emily Simon of Los Angeles, CA, started this petition on Change.org, and it collected 129 signatures, probably from the members of the same NOW chapter:

Petition · Donald Trump: Ban Neckties Immediately!
I have a lingering suspicion, this Emily Simon would make a good contributor to The People's Cube -- even if some of the 130 signers do not realize it...