Holy Wombat Crap! The Cube Has Penetrated the Animal Kingdom

Wombats have found a way to produce a square peg out of a round hole! How awesome is that?

wombat-poop-1.jpg
Yes, Comrades, this is truly a win for all animal lovers and PETA fanatics (who euthanize all animals donated to them in the hope PETA will find them a forever home). Wombats are standing up to this tyranny in the best way they can. They are the only known species that produce cubic excrement. Aren't they sweet?

wombat-poop-2.jpg

The mystery of how, and why, wombats produce cubic poop

Of course it isn't unreasonable to be wondering why these animals evolved such a sophisticated way to produce cubed poo, when no other animal in the world found the need to do the same. Wombats have notoriously bad eyesight, so they communicate using scent markings. The animal's poo frequently acts as territorial markers letting other wombats know who runs a given burrow.

It is hypothesized that because of the importance of poo as a communicative tool, the animal evolved the cube-shaped excretion as a way to efficiently pile up structures of droppings. After all, you couldn't exactly build a large pile out of round droppings as effectively as you could if it were square blocks.

The new research is not just an academic scat investigation either, it may also render quite the pragmatic outcome. Yang suggests that this method could be applied to our current manufacturing processes.

"We currently have only two methods to manufacture cubes: We mold it, or we cut it. Now we have this third method," says Yang. "It would be a cool method to apply to the manufacturing process -- how to make a cube with soft tissue instead of just molding it."

Quite an insight into the scatological ontology of People's Cubism: cubical droppings as a social media platform for effective communication.

Perhaps the next supply of the People's Cubes should be ordered at the Wombat Factory.

And I would definitely stay away from a wombat who has deposited this pile:

[img]/images/various_uploads/Cube_Coast_Barrier.jpg[/img]

Red Square wrote:That said, please refer to a recent post by Captain Craptek:

Revealed - The secret of cubic poop!

Ya know, I was thinking of my dear friend, Craptek when I wrote this because of his name. I never saw his post about this most important and insightful subject. So, I hope he will forgive me for unwittingly stealing his idea. But, hey, that's what life is all about, nyet?

Pamalinsky wrote:But, hey, that's what life is all about, nyet?

Not sure about that ...

Black Adder: Oh, don't worry sir, please. Just consider that life is a valley of woe filled with pain, misery, hunger and despair.

Prince George: Not for me it bloody isn't! As far as I'm concerned life is a big palace full of food, drink, and comfy sofas!

mi
Red Square wrote:That said, please refer to a recent post by Captain Craptek:

Revealed - The secret of cubic poop!

Ok, we are all wombats now...Could've been worse, actually, these are rather adorable marsupials. Sort of a cross between a cat and a bear...

HOLY WOMBAT CRAP! Komrade Pammie, evil Drumft's MAGA has now infiltrated the animal kingdom!

il_fullxfull.855665878_nezh.jpeg

Look, Comrades, I don't mean to go over the top here but, I truly think I have found the truth about how the Pyramids were created. No incline plane, no slave labor, no space aliens, but Wombats doing their thing on a daily basis, like all other crap-producing humans.

It's human nature (and natural functions) doncha know?

Pamalinsky wrote:Look, Comrades, I don't mean to go over the top here but, I truly think I have found the truth about how the [highlight=#ffff00]Pyramids[/highlight] Poopamids were created. No incline plane, no slave labor, no space aliens, but Wombats doing their thing on a daily basis, like all other crap-producing humans.

It's human nature (and natural functions) doncha know?