Hot Union on Union Action in Longview, WA

For several days, our brothers in the International Longshoreman's Union have been protesting the operators of the grain terminal in Longview, WA for failing to hire ILWU labor, and instead going with a different union. This in turn has triggered a number of solidarity protests. An excellent account of what is happening can be found here. https://www.columbian.com/news/2011/sep/07/Longview-terminal-dispute-police-union-clash/ Shamefully the police are not protecting the dominant union against the lesser union, and despite being unionized themselves are laying hands on the peaceful non violent union protesters struggling to keep their jobs in the face of unjust oppression.

As you can see from the pictures, our ILWU brothers are engaged in a peaceful and non violent protest. They have not made any threats, they have not given cause to be arrested, they have not attacked police officers or violated court orders. In fact, they like all union workers are simply Victims(TM) against thuggish corporations that seek to deprive the poor underpaid ILWU laborers of what they are Entitled(TM) to.

20110907-191718-pic-157543702_t180.jpg

4e681e11b69a0.preview-300.jpg

Tip o' the kevlar helmet to Comrade Just_a_Car for information and ideas.

If those guys in the last two pictures get hit by the train, not only will their families get their pension, but they could sue the company for all its worth.

Am I the only one who applauds these peace loving union workers for using sporting equipment like baseball bats to hold signs with? Such clever reuse of material is quite green. And after the protest they can go play a peaceful game of softball!

Colonel 7.62 wrote:Am I the only one who applauds these peace loving union workers for using sporting equipment like baseball bats to hold signs with? Such clever reuse of material is quite green. And after the protest they can go play a peaceful game of softball!
Yes. . . softball.

WHAT!?! Something about a pig... I think it was Leninka's pig, ahhhhrrrmm... a pig Leninka saved from the collective next door, matter of fact.

All Hail The People's ILWU Longview!

Ah, yes. It's SO refreshing to see the Shovel-ready™ jobs coming online. Right on schedule, just as promised.

As a fellow traveler who also resides in the Pacific Northwest, I want to share my feelings about the delightful video posted by Red Rooster. Longview may be a bit of a drive from here, but I could feel the Union Love™ from where I sit; it warmed my heart to see this fine example of a - what did he say his name was again? - Union Man.

Oh my. I think I may feel a song coming on!

Red Rooster wrote:WHAT!?! Something about a pig... I think it was Leninka's pig, ahhhhrrrmm... a pig Leninka saved from the collective next door, matter of fact.

It is so refreshing to see a unique new approach to unionism. We have grown so weary of the Alinsky pissy whiney character assassinations.

Here is the man's MAN behaving naturally, and it's not even Happy Hour yet.

I am seeing a brand new area to unionize- The Low IQ and the Mentally Ill. OH! Wait a minute.... ER... UM...

Red Rooster wrote:WHAT!?! Something about a pig... I think it was Leninka's pig, ahhhhrrrmm... a pig Leninka saved from the collective next door, matter of fact.

Image Unions, the Mafia of the 21st century.

Commissar_Elliott wrote: Image Unions, the Mafia of the 21st century.
Image No way - the Mafia is more honourable... well ok that is the only difference but still :D