Hsu's Your Daddy?

Wonderful News Comrades! Wonderful News!

I awoke this morning to find that Her Excellency has loosened the reins (such as they were) on giving!

Hillary Rodham Clinton Hints Donors May Give Again

WASHINGTON — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, whose campaign is returning $850,000 in contributions linked to disgraced fundraiser Norman Hsu, indicated Wednesday that donors who contributed that money could donate to her presidential campaign once again.

"We're not asking that that be done," she said in a teleconference with reporters. "But I believe that the vast majority of those 200-plus donors are perfectly capable of making up their own minds about what they will or won't do going forward."

Clinton's remarks were her first public comments on the affect Hsu's unraveling fortunes have had on her presidential campaign. Hsu was a leading money "bundler" for Clinton, earning the title of HillRaiser for his fundraising activities.

"It was very difficult for us to make any decision other than returning the contributions that were in any way connected to him and that is what we decided to do," she said.

Clinton's campaign said this week that any donors whose money was returned could donate once again if they confirm to the campaign that the contributions are from their own personal funds.

Her Excellency's brilliance is unmatched! So, when you get your "contribution," simply write a quick note stating this is from our own personal funds and she will accept that money with gratitude.

If the contribution is from any children under 18, remember to make sure the note is not done in crayon and spelled correctly. Also a permission slip will be needed from the child's legal guardian. Contributions from your pets are permitted, but they are discouraged unless you have already donated to the legal limit and wish to contribute more. Details are still being worked out for donations from the non-oxygen consuming supporters.

Isn't it wonderful that she did not give that money to some worthless charity where having it returned to the campaign might be more complicated?

Don't gifts of money get taxed? Shouldn't half of that money be given to the welfare state?

I think donations to campaigns, Hillary's in particular, are to not for profit *snicker* groups so not taxable. In Her Excellency's case, it would also be considered a religious contribution.

Er... I know you have been busy denouncing a certain canine whose name will not be mentioned, but I haven't seen your declaration of your contribution being from your personal funds yet comrade.