I had a dream.

Thought I'd check-in real quick to explain the new CDC policy on masks.

A lot of you have wondered how my administration's policies could turn on a dime and go zoom into the opposite direction. Well, with me as the great North Star of the American people it's easy. The new mask easing of the mask mandate literally happened overnight because it literally happened over night.

I had a dream.

In my dream it was Biden Recovery Summer. This summer. 2021. The summer of the great Biden recovery. It was the 4th of July in my dream and ecstatic throngs of Americans - trillions - were enjoying the great gift of a Biden Recovery Summer extravaganza. Everyone in America was congratulating me for saving the country from the horrible mess my predecessor left that I had to fix. And I did. It was wonderful.

If we're going to have the Biden Recovery Summer this summer masks are obviously out. This summer I plan the biggest best boldest and most wonderful Biden Recovery Summer ever seen in the history of the world. In my dream starting on the 4th of July 'till Labor Day I toured the country and everywhere I went the people cheered me and gave me speeches and parades and ice cream and hotdogs and a lot of wine for my wife who drinks that stuff all day long because she's a connoisseur.

And this is the why and the wherefore of the mask thing. They aren't part of the coming Biden Recovery Summer narrative. And I want that narrative. In my dream it was great!

Just thought I'd fill everyone in at TPC.

Your North Star,

President Potemkin

America has always been at war with masks. Or with the virus. Or whatever you say, glorious leader.

I vill pedal on ze bysickle1 across ze Atlantic! (triple mask, offkohz)
To see zat noble act unroll - Biden Boing Breakdance!

1 Marx forbid, in ze fuel-propelled vesickle (shortage! shortage! gas shortage!)

.......And this is the why and the wherefore of the mask thing. They aren't part of the coming Biden Recovery Summer narrative. And I want that narrative. In my dream it was great!.....or else I'll run you over in my new electric pickup truck with a Republican chained to the rear bumper.....