In Russia, Picture take you!

Stunning color photos (yes comrades COLOR) of pre revolutionary Russia, taken by the Czar's official photographer. I thought Comrade Red Square and others would enjoy these unique glimpses of the past.

The collection is exhibited by the reactionary kkkaptialist thugs at the decadent Library of Congress.

home-image1.jpg

Thanks, that was great. Another blow to the popular myth that Russia was and would have remained a hellhole if the communists didn't take over and modernized it.

Looked like a real shithole to me. Hard workers, functioning industry and transportation, and a Czar who saw the writing on the wall and would have had a functional constitutional republic had not the radicals stepped in and created the Soviet Utopia instead.

Hmmm, when I was traveling through the SU in the mid eighties, it didn't really look a whole lot different... except ugly project-style high-rises, "cars", and red banners everywhere. So much for progress...

Very beautiful though. For comparison's sake, as far as the rural standard of living is concerned, some of the pictures could have been taken in imperial Germany of the same time (well, at least the part I grew up in.) Except the camel.

One thing I noticed is that many of the workers were proudly showing off various medals.

In any case, awesome find! Thanks for sharing.