Karzai Needs $2 Billion Per Year and Who Doesn't

karzai.jpg

I am a Comrade, let's establish that up front. Total equality and Marxist butt kissing will forever be my goal and duty. But there are times, late at night when no one is looking, that I wonder if a country minding its own business might be an advantage to its people. I know that wars are important for our economic growth and equalizing of earth's population but President Karzai's demands of $2 billion per year when American troops leave Afghanistan rubs me wrong. I'm not saying Romney would do things differently. But he is a business man and one must assume his decision making would be more business-like. Instead of paying Karzai $2 billion annually in perpetuity, maybe we could simply go to Afghanistan every for years or so and bomb the hell out of it. It would be much more cost effective than long ground wars and expensive rebuilding. It may save the people a lot of inconvenience.

We could withhold our bombing if Afghanistan caused no problem for us. That would certainly be a fair option and I would favor it. Leave us alone and we will leave you alone. If they cause trouble then zap, you're trashed, now busy yourselves with fixing it and stay out of trouble. Don't call us, we'll call you.

Before I knew better, I liked Pat Buchanan. This was before I learned he was Hitler's cousin. But I thought his ideas about staying home and minding our own business made sense. His ideas about not letting everyone walk all over us economically were also attractive. He was proven insane, of course. Any rich country must squander its wealth on foreign wars and international medling. It's in the Constitution I think. Besides, it wouldn't work now because of the internet and Facebook. We are all connected.

Yikes, I'm sounding like that crazy Ron Paul. Ok, forget it. Simple Comrades should not be thinking about world politics. I'll go back to envying my neighbor's riches and bemoaning my inequality. I feel better already.

This fund would provide working capital for his vacations/escape fund.