Laura Bush Also Presented the Oscar for Best Picture in 2002

Oscar_Laura_Bush_Presents.jpg
Yes, it really happened.

When conservatives began attacking Michelle Obama for presenting an Oscar, a dull roar of opposition circulated throughout the internet, reminding the communities that Michelle Obama was not the first First Lady to take the spotlight at an Oscar ceremony.

It is an indisputable fact that in 2002, Laura Bush appeared for less than ten seconds in a documentary-style pre-recorded video at the beginning of the Oscar broadcast, stealing the show from dozens of other common plebs in that video. That no one remembers this is probably because they were all in the kitchen at the time, getting snacks and drinks ready for the part of the show that really matters.

One well-grounded, useful rumor goes as far as to contend, for the first time in recorded history, that full-time celebrity/part-time First Lady Laura Bush also presented an Oscar, or was at least at the ceremony - in full, radiant, designer-swathed glory.

Coincidentally, the live Oscar broadcast of 2002 was interrupted by a brief network blackout, which was why the at-home audience never saw Laura Bush presenting the Oscar for Best Picture. But it did happen!

However, we are in possession of indisputable photographic evidence that Laura Bush is just as much of a self-aggrandizing spotlight-stealer as Michelle Obama. The picture of Hollywood crowd genuflecting in admiration of First Lady Laura Bush presenting the Oscar should put all conservative attackers to shame, provided they know what shame is.

Oscar_20_Century_Tax.png
According to witnesses, during her presentation of the Best Picture Oscar, Laura Bush got on her political soapbox and informed the audience that her husband, George W. Bush, whom they all voted for president, promised to take even more of each entertainer's vast earnings to sustain his grandiose government programs aimed at fundamentally transforming the country.

Those in attendance recall that there was a large roar of self-righteous approval for Bush's progressive tax hikes for the rich. The actors and directors then got on their Blackberries and made plans to switch movie-production to low-tax states.

Flanked by adoring military members, the First Lady emphasized the Bush administration's reverence and respect for the movie industry that made America great. "Where would the military be without the movie industry?" she said. "Who would tell their true story?"

The entire episode was a religious experience for the movie industry elites, whose numerous donations swept George W. Bush to the presidency. The thunderous standing ovation was repeatedly interrupted by voices of many celebrities proudly asserting that by presenting the Best Picture award, Laura Bush did the United States a great service.

Reward.jpg
The People's Cube is offering a reward for any video evidence of Laura Bush presenting the Oscar for Best Picture (or any category) in 2002 (or any year.)

The winner will receive extra beet rations for dinner at Sarah Jessica Parker's house.*

I don't have a video of Laura Bush presenting the Oscar, but I do have the reaction shot of the audience when she stepped on stage:
shocked-crowd.jpg

For the senate campaign, I plan to make Laura Bush Oscar Awareness part of my platform.

Media Matters says that Laura Bush "appeared at the Oscars in a taped appearance."

Hmm. Many celebrities also "appear at my house" when I watch TV.

I, too, have many celebrities appear at my house.

But mostly it's just the voices.

And the pretty lights.

You have lights for the campaign picked out yet Comrade Olga?

Olga Photoshopova wrote:For the senate campaign, I plan to make Laura Bush Oscar Awareness part of my platform.

Media Matters says that Laura Bush "appeared at the Oscars in a taped appearance."

Hmm. Many celebrities also "appear at my house" when I watch TV.
Comrade,You are permitted to watch TV, and not the other way around?

In Soviet Russia TV always watches YOU.

The most state-of-the-art TV that the government allows. There was only a 10 month waiting list.

TV-rabbit-ears.jpg

State of the art is not as important as State Approved.

state aapproved tv.jpg

Coincidentally, when I was a young girl I was a presenter on Soviet TV... really!

soviet-tv.jpg

Comrade Putout!

I suspect this is right after you left.

An Azerbaijani flag recognized as the largest mounted flag in the world had to be quickly taken down on February 2 after the pole it was flying from began to sag precariously, RFE/RL's Azerbaijani Service reports.

43514C29-782F-4795-A568-719680117774_w640_r1_s.jpg