Lawrence: Weight Comments 'Should Be Illegal'

fc82cc1624ba5491ba8c90ce635199f9.gif
BBC -

Hunger Games star, Jennifer Lawrence, has a beef with what she believes is a relentless war on women's appearance being waged in the media. In a recent interview with Barbara Walters, Ms. Lawrence alleged that overweight women are often mocked and degraded for sport. "... why is humiliating people funny?" she asked innocently. Walters chuckled. Lawrence continued:

"... the media needs to take responsibility for the effect that it has on our younger generation, on these girls who are watching these television shows, and picking up how to talk and how to be cool," Lawrence said. “I just think it should be illegal to call somebody fat on TV."

Lawrence added: "I mean, if we're regulating cigarettes and sex and cuss words, because of the effect they have on our younger generation, why aren't we regulating things like calling people fat?"

Ms. Lawrence is not alone in her denunciation of fat related hate speech. The nation of Israel has taken the first legal measures to spare young women and girls the systematic media exploitation that has become so prevalent.

Israeli Law Bans Skinny, BMI-Challenged Models:

Israeli lawmakers adopted the legislation in March 2012 stipulating that fashion and commercial models should have a body-mass index of at least 18.5. A 5-foot-8 adult weighing 120 pounds, for instance, has a BMI of 18.2, disqualifying her -- or him -- from pursuing a modeling career in this country of nearly 8 million people.

It is also called the "Photoshop law" because it demands that computer-generated changes to make models appear thinner be noted along with the images.

As a member of The People's Cube Collective it is my duty to follow the spirit of the new “Photoshop law” and begin noting any alteration of images I post. To this end, I have submitted the following image as proof of my commitment to this principle.

Photoshopped.jpg

It's a silly rule, and there HAVE to be exceptions made...

Red Walrus wrote:Image

A ass mass with those proportions must surely warp space in its immediate vicinity, causing small objects to fall into orbit and posing a danger to passers by. Why hasn't OSHA roped off this area?

There were reports of a dangerous intake vortex between FLATUS and a tamale, but it appears that's all behind her now.

Photoshops are the new typewriters. Each one needs to be registered, and the footprint cataloged with the central Authority.