Little Girl Finds Her Science Fair Project In IPCC

Worldbeat - The UN's IPCC and it's Assessment Report in the news. An embarrassed IPCC has discovered that many of the research papers it has included in their Assessment Report have turned out to be anything but the academic peer-reviewed scientific papers it has always maintained are the only research they include in their report.

The UN's IPCC Assessment Report is the fundamental document on which the world's governments base many of their national and international environmental policies.

Much of the legitimacy of the IPCC's 2007 Assessment Report, AR4, has recently been called into question. Amy Snieder, a fifth grader at the Lincoln grade school in Orville, Utah, had heard that the AR4 recently had been found to include partisan non-peer reviewed articles from the World Wildlife Federation, the activist group Greenpeace, college student dissertations and even popular magazine articles.

"Did anybody ever actually read the report before now?" Amy asked herself. "It's been out for two years but it's like, why didn't anyone find these things before now?" With some help from her father she downloaded the pdf of the AR4 last week and had been reading it when she was startled to find her own name and her school science fair project on the environment used as basic research cited in the UN IPCC 2007 report. "It was like, wow! I really worked hard on it but this can't be right." But strangely enough, it is. This IPCC could not be contacted for comment.

It's become a standing joke in professional satirist circles that poking fun at the IPCC has become an exercise in frustration. "As soon as I come up some new material making fun of the IPCC the news comes out that my lampoon has been what really happened!" claims Mark Selbourne, professional satirist. "First I tried to do a spoof where the IPCC was in cahoots with the WWF and that fell apart; then I worked for days on one that spoofed the IPCC and Greenpeace and then the news came out that the IPCC used Greenpeace stuff in the Assessment Report. Then I sold a new idea and was working on a good spoof of the IPCC using magazine articles and school kids stuff and look what happened! I can't make up anything to spoof these people! Didn't anybody read that damn IPCC report when it came out?"

I always thought the entire Global Warming theory was based on a grade school science project. You know the one where you take an aquarium and put a thermometer inside, fill it with CO2, put a sheet of glass on top and shine a light on it.

Of course vast oceans, forests and a light source that varies in intensity over an 11 year cycle couldn't possibly affect the results. Yet strangely, it did. Go figger.

Real science depends on reproducability of results. If I do an experiment which produces a result, I should be able to publish my steps so that anybody who duplicates my efforts will get the same results. And not just one anybody but every anybody.

"Climate science" apparently never worked that way, depending instead on data which did not exist and so had to be inferred, computer programs that no one could figure out and a methodology which, when combined together with the first two, produced results that were almost impossible to replicate consistently. Since the scientific method didn't give the "climate scientists" and the politicians what they wanted, they were left to rely on obfuscation, testimonials from the likes of Al Gore, ad hominem attacks on critics and 4th grade science projects. It's like going to buy a used car but the salesman won't let you drive it or have a mechanic look at it but instead gives you the phone number of the former owner and tells you to call and ask if it's not a great car.

The late Nobel Prize winner (physics, not peace) Richard Feynman said, "Be suspicious of what cannot be explained." The world would be much improved if everyone wrote that on their wrists and referred to it daily.

The fascists at American Thinker put the glorious global warming phenomenon to the science fair test a week or two ago.

https://www.americanthinker.com/2010/01 ... ience.html