Mayors back reparations that could cost $6.2 quadrillion!

The nation's mayors on Monday backed a national call for reparations to 41 million black people, a program that could cost taxpayers $6.2 quadrillion, or $151M per descendant.

Note: This is what a quadrillion looks like written out: 1,000,000,000,000,000.

The U.S. Conference of Mayors released a letter backing a Democratic plan to form a reparations commission to come up with a payment for slavery.

“We recognize and support your legislation as a concrete first step in our larger reckoning as a nation, and a next step to guide the actions of both federal and local leaders who have promised to do better by our black residents,” said the letter from Conference President Greg Fischer, mayor of Louisville.

A new study from three college professors said that the ultimate cost could be $6.2 quadrillion. Quadrillion comes after trillion, and one quadrillion has 15 zeros.

The study suggests a payment of $151 million each, and the cost to every person would be $18.96 million.

Dear Congresswoman Jackson Lee and Senator Booker: On behalf of The United States Conference of Mayors, I am pleased to share with you that last week at the Conference's 88th Annual Meeting, the nation's mayors unanimously passed a resolution (link)

I sponsored in support of the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act (H.R. 40/S. 1083). We recognize and support your legislation as a concrete first step in our larger reckoning as a nation, and a next step to guide the actions of both federal and local leaders who have promised to do better by our Black residents.

Our support of your bicameral legislation is not just an endorsement – it is a resolution. We have resolved to do better for our Black residents by promoting equal rights and opportunity through the implementation of policy reforms at the local level, as well as through our advocacy for action at the federal level.

This year, the nation's mayors will work diligently on a national platform known as an American Breakthrough, which will be informed by mayor-led work groups on critical interconnected challenges: Police Reform and Racial Justice; Guiding the COVID-19 Response and Health Equity; Eliminating Poverty; Dismantling Systemic Racism; and Supporting Equitable Economic Recovery. We are committed to doing our role in local government to disrupt systemic racism, which inhibits the realization of a nation of liberty, prosperity, and justice for all.

Thank you for your tireless advocacy on behalf of our cities. We are proud to echo your calls to address centuries of racial injustice and inequities in America, and the nation's mayors stand ready to support and amplify your efforts.

Sincerely,

Greg Fischer
Mayor of Louisville

President

Well let's see, $6.2 Quadrillion...

Here's all the money in the world, in one chart, by Sue Chang in MarketWatch.com

Ever wonder how much money there is in the world?

The answer is complicated, which you might expect, but not because of the difficulty of tallying up all the rather large numbers. Rather, it's more about which parameters are used to define “money.”

Note: This answer is far to complicated to condense in a short paragraph, so please click the link and read the article for yourselves.

Needless to say, a hell-of-a-lot more money tree's will need to be planted to pay for this idea!

money tree.jpg

(Off)
Our first clue to the impending doom and damage to be caused is seeing the name Rep (D) Shiela Jackson-Lee (TX-18) (THAT part of Houston) as co-sponsor. She-Jac, Queen of the Triple-Crown Weave has been riding the congressional gravy train since 1995 (13 terms) and now has a net worth of about 2 million. She could easily be remembered by her accomplishments like stating "storm names are too white..."(2003) comparing the tea party to the KKK (2010) and is such a pain in the ass that Continental Airlines has asked that she and her staff fly with their competitors; and has been named the worst boss in Congress, at one point cooking through 11 Chiefs of Staff in 11 years.(Prog on)

So after we divide up the reparations money, will this finally be over so we can get back to tending beets and fixing tractors, or are the LGBT+ queuing up for their cut next?

Oh, and BLM.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:(Off)
Our first clue to the impending doom and damage to be caused is seeing the name Rep (D) Shiela Jackson-Lee (TX-18) (THAT part of Houston) as co-sponsor. She-Jac, Queen of the Triple-Crown Weave has been riding the congressional gravy train since 1995 (13 terms) and now has a net worth of about 2 million. She could easily be remembered by her accomplishments like stating "storm names are too white..."(2003) comparing the tea party to the KKK (2010) and is such a pain in the ass that Continental Airlines has asked that she and her staff fly with their competitors; and has been named the worst boss in Congress, at one point cooking through 11 Chiefs of Staff in 11 years.(Prog on)

[highlight=#ffff99]So after we divide up the reparations money, will this finally be over so we can get back to tending beets and fixing tractors,[/highlight] or are the LGBT+ queuing up for their cut next?

Oh, and BLM.
'pelipsky is nothing but a serf, tied to the MotherLand for the purpose of tending beets to make quotas set by Ivan ...when can 'pelipsky que up for serf reparations?

I do not see the problem. We can merely mint a few quadrillion-dollar coins, give them out to representatives of the proposed recipients, and have said representatives distribute the money once they are able to get change for the coins. Banks, of course, will be prohibited from making such change, since they are tools of Evil Wall Street and cannot be trusted with Fair Exchange.

RedDiaperette wrote:I do not see the problem. We can merely mint a few quadrillion-dollar coins, give them out to representatives of the proposed recipients, and have said representatives distribute the money once they are able to get change for the coins. Banks, of course, will be prohibited from making such change, since they are tools of Evil Wall Street and cannot be trusted with Fair Exchange.

Red Diaperette, your feline Busyentine fluid flow chart of simplicity is like so Jiffy Lobo'd into hipcomradester that it is like Lord of The Coin and N.W.O. rolled into one blockbuster trilogy.

Have another Jiffy Lobo on 'pelipsky's ration card!

forelock tugging from busyentine beet tending posture,
Jackalopelipsky
Russian Asset
#BR 549
with love, xxx

I have that in Zimbabwe Dollars I will donate next Tuesday

That Sagan guy, he din't invent his "Billions upon Billions" for naught...

jackalopelipsky wrote:
RedDiaperette wrote:I do not see the problem. We can merely mint a few quadrillion-dollar coins, give them out to representatives of the proposed recipients, and have said representatives distribute the money once they are able to get change for the coins. Banks, of course, will be prohibited from making such change, since they are tools of Evil Wall Street and cannot be trusted with Fair Exchange.

Red Diaperette, your feline Busyentine fluid flow chart of simplicity is like so Jiffy Lobo'd into hipcomradester that it is like Lord of The Coin and N.W.O. rolled into one blockbuster trilogy.

Have another Jiffy Lobo on 'pelipsky's ration card!

forelock tugging from busyentine beet tending posture,
Jackalopelipsky
Russian Asset
#BR 549
with love, xxx
Jiffy_Lobo_Logo2.png

Comrade Jenkem wrote:I have that in Zimbabwe Dollars I will donate next Tuesday
I will contribute my part. This is all I have, but they're welcome to it:
10 trillion dollars_cr.jpg

Comrades!

You will either START PLANTING MONEY TREES TODAY, or we will find nice quiet place for you in the country where you can retire peacefully...