McCain, Obama at Saddleback Civil Forum

VRWC is delusional in thinking McCain bested Obama.

How McCain Won Saddleback

John McCain has lived a much bigger life than Barack Obama. That's not a slam at Obama; McCain has lived a much bigger life than most people. But it still made Obama look small in comparison. McCain was the clear winner of the night.

Maksim, one might think that life begins at conception but I prefer to think that life begins at election. And any candidate who doesn't make it to election becomes a non-person.

Ask...who was he...that man who couldn't dance "The Macarena." Who has a wife with a funny name. Something about Florida I think.

Commissar Theocritus wrote: And any candidate who doesn't make it to election becomes a non-person.
This troubles me about weak liberals, instead of rejecting those who have failed the Party, the failure is completely ignored and the guilty person's status is increased. The Democratic Party's biggest heroes are utter failures, Gore, Kerry, Mondale, and etc. Even the few that succeed in being elected, fail in carrying out their missions (Carter, Pelosi) are still looked upon fondly.
Commissar Theocritus wrote:Who has a wife with a funny name.
non-tipper reminds me of my bartending days.

Ah, Maksim, you have touched a point, or as Jeeves would say, "Acu rem tetigisti." Remember the lauded Federico Pena? He was mayor of Denver who got a new airport which was several times over budget, smaller, farther out, had runways that cracked while idle, and had baggage handling that didn't work and people hated it.

So nothing could be more natural than for him to be Secretary of Transportation.
I have closed many houses. The single worst was a man who was in charge of the highway department. He was brought in to spend money that his predecessor hadn't spent and he tore up curbs and replaced them by curbs--of the same shape color and placement as the old ones. He let a mortgage broker work him over. The second worst was for the city manager, Joseph. Who gets a home-equity loan every two years and pays about 5 points for it. He got pissed when I suggested that he could pay a lot of interest, even assuming that interest went down, for $5K.

If you believe in survival characteristics, then you cannot believe that any government official will spend other people's money wisely. Because it's not his money. You can extend this to trust officers--stories on request.

Vyshinsky
Commissar Maksim wrote:
Commissar Theocritus wrote: And any candidate who doesn't make it to election becomes a non-person.
This troubles me about weak liberals, instead of rejecting those who have failed the Party, the failure is completely ignored and the guilty person's status is increased. The Democratic Party's biggest heroes are utter failures, Gore, Kerry, Mondale, and etc. Even the few that succeed in being elected, fail in carrying out their missions (Carter, Pelosi) are still looked upon fondly.
Commissar Theocritus wrote:Who has a wife with a funny name.
non-tipper reminds me of my bartending days.

You seem to have forgotten fundamental Party doctrine. Allow me to remind you that "losers contribute to society, and winners take away from it. Being a winner is unethical. Success is a moral failure. A progressive society of the future, based on strict equality and scientific collectivism, shall have no winners. Everyone will be a loser, which in our book means ethical team player. The word 'loser' shall wither away, replaced with a more progressive term, 'equal winner.'"

Perhaps it is time you report to your local commissar for some re-education. Bring a shovel.

The word 'loser' shall wither away, replaced with a more progressive term, 'equal winner
So Mcain, me, and the Obamessiah can equaly win the election along with the pitiful masses? I'm not so sure about that... Oh! yes! The Obamessiah is simply "more equal!" He will be the ultimate leader! YESWECANYESWECANYESWECAN!!!!

Commissar Maksim wrote:This troubles me about weak liberals, instead of rejecting those who have failed the Party, the failure is completely ignored and the guilty person's status is increased. The Democratic Party's biggest heroes are utter failures, Gore, Kerry, Mondale, and etc. Even the few that succeed in being elected, fail in carrying out their missions (Carter, Pelosi) are still looked upon fondly.

Since when does being cardboarded count as having one's failure ignored? Ask Cut Out Gore, Cut Out Kerry et al what their sex life is like, or any life for that matter.

Kinda old news, but hearing Obama bring down reactionary running dog Thomas is uplifting.

Obama on Clarence Thomas
Mr. Obama took a lower road, replying first that "that's a good one," and then adding that "I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas. I don't think that he, I don't think that he was a strong enough jurist or legal thinker at the time for that elevation. Setting aside the fact that I profoundly disagree with his interpretation of a lot of the Constitution." The Democrat added that he also wouldn't have appointed Antonin Scalia, and perhaps not John Roberts, though he assured the audience that at least they were smart enough for the job.
<br>Obama's Bigotry Towards Clarence Thomas on Display in Saddleback Forum
Obama: “um, uh, I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas. Uh, I don't think that he uh, uh, ah, uh, I, I, don't think that he was an exp…[experienced] uh, a strong enough jurist or legal thinker uh, at the time…”

Good grief! And the left makes fun of the way President Bush talks? But put that aside for a moment. Isn't it more revealing that Obama caught himself in mid word before saying Clarence Thomas wasn't “experienced” enough to be elevated to the high court? This from the Chicago community organizer and a very junior senator who is running for President?

Pupovich, dear Marshall, you have a good point. We leftists do not become un-persons when we are cardboarded out. But when any of the Rethuglicans get information from anyone we can scream, "Waterboarding!" jump on a chair and haul up our skirts and howl.

So nice.

"Waterboarding! Waterboarding!"

Calling waterboarding torture is an insult to every person that has actually suffered torture. This last Sunday I was reading an article in the paper about a South Korean woman that may or may not have been framed on trumped up charges that she helped North Korea (this was in 1950). With the popularity of waterboarding with the MSM the AP reporter relates that the woman was so physically incapacitated that she had to be carried in to court - and then opines that this was due to her being tortured by waterboarding.

Of course she was. What's a timeline to us? Bear in mind that Our Many Titted Empress told us that she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary who first climbed Mt. Everest. Which he hadn't done when she was born.

But she says it, and I believe it. I have scars on my back to prove I'd better.

Did anyone mention the Obama's knock dead answer to what was the hardest decision he ever made? Where he courageously voted (in the state of Illinois senate where it meant nothing) against the war? All that sissy McCain could dream up was his alleged refusal of an offer of freedom from the People of North Korea Hospitality Center!

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Of course she was. What's a timeline to us? Bear in mind that Our Many Titted Empress told us that she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary who first climbed Mt. Everest. Which he hadn't done when she was born.

But she says it, and I believe it. I have scars on my back to prove I'd better.

You are being too hard on Czarina Hillary, comrade! Surely the trauma of circling Kosovo Airport for many hours while trying to evade machine gun fire will make a person forget some details of her life! (Or maybe that was evading water balloons while circling Newark Airport? Whatever.)

Did anyone mention the Obama's knock dead answer to what was the hardest decision he ever made? Where he courageously voted (in the state of Illinois senate where it meant nothing) against the war?

"Where it meant nothing," comrade Marshal? Nothing? Might I point out that the government of the State of Illinois is did NOT declare war on Iraq? Only through the courageous leadership of this tireless community organizer was peace between Iraq and the South Side of Chicago preserved!

Opiate, I take your point. And amplify it to remark that Our Many Titted Empress, while evading machine-gun fire, discovered the law of gravity which male sexists thought was done by Newton.

Brain in a jar, I'm sure that your researches have shown other things. As cities are twinned with other cities in foreign lands to promote unity, the Obamessiah's house has been twinned with the palace of Dear Leader, the Vatican, and Buckingham Palace.

Perhaps I should rephrase my statement, and refresh some minds as well. True, Obama's firm stand against the war did keep peace between Saddam and Illinois, but it did not save the country money for more subsidies. However, must I remind the naysayers, that this so called messiah did vote FOR measures that cost the poor and downtrodden money with his votes to continue the funding?

Marshal Pupovich wrote:However, must I remind the naysayers, that this so called messiah did vote FOR measures that cost the poor and downtrodden money with his votes to continue the funding?

In fairness, I understand Comrade Obama meant to vote "present" on those occasions but (paste excuse here) prevented him from doing so.

I think that paste excuse here will work a treat in running the world, don't you? We can all forgive one another in a big group hug and have a glass of chablis.

...or a Tsingtao.

All have missed the essential point here. This forum - held in a megachurch in the purported interest to increase public awareness - sets a frightening precedent for progressives. Consider:
  • We don't need an informed electorate, thank you, we prefer our own prefectorate.
  • We don't need our blessed BHO so closely contrasted with a wheezy old warhorse that frankly makes him look bad. Most embarrasing.
  • We certainly don't need any context where the church is posing as a viable, active, relevant force in Amerikkan community life. Bad, very bad.
  • Since when does the puppet play the puppetmaster? He keeps roaming off the reservation, dammit, and it gets him in trouble every time. We were better off with Screamin' Howie or John 'cash'n' Kerry - tractable, reliable, electable.
  • Considering his 'above my pay grade' comment regarding abortion, perhaps Chairman Meow should give BHO a raise?
-

Excellent observations General Cat! (See? I even capitalized your title this time. Perhaps if you do not do anything to make me reconsider today, perhaps this evening, or tomorrow at latest, I can officially recognize your rank in the Party!).

In regard to your last comment about above his pay grade....You can be sure, the Empress would have NEVER made such a weak liberal response.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:I think that paste excuse here will work a treat in running the world, don't you? We can all forgive one another in a big group hug and have a glass of chablis.

Y, but perhaps you are only looking at the dark side of things (no pun intended.) Due the numerous and catastophic failures we should expect from any potential Obama Administration, there will be ample and perhaps profitable (until the new administration confiscates all wealth in the name of social justice) opportunities as AN OFFICIAL OBAMA EXCUSE MAKER!

Here's some examples:
Sorry, but the dog ate my position paper.
I would've done something about the nuclear attack but I had a big UN meeting that ran late.
My SUV had a blowout on my way to the Pentagon because I over-inflated my tires trying to save gas.
I couldn't hear all the people screaming in the street because Michelle was yelling at me.
Wright? I thought he invented the Airbus.
I know they blew up New York but we've done some bad stuff too!

Let's all get ready for when Earth becomes Planet Obama and being a whining, useless, excuse-making failure will be THE IN THING TO DO!

Marshal Pupovich wrote:In regard to your last comment about above his pay grade....You can be sure, the Empress would have NEVER made such a weak liberal response.

The General has a good point; the People's Party is about rewarding incompetence and punishing success, for the successful can't be successful unless the failures fail, hence we must boost the failures back up to make things even again (and to give the sucessful something new to chew on.) But you are correct, Marshall, in that the Empress would not agree, for it is this very dogma that is the reason Obama and not she is leading the cause of justice forward. (Just as an aside, he gets PAID for what he does? If it is not too capitalistic of me, I would charge the Party a lot less for not leading my committees, not voting and riding around on the Party's dime.)

Opiate, who is doing opium opined... wrote:Just as an aside, he gets PAID for what he does?
Get with the program. His appearances don't matter. It's the attitude that he throws.

The Obamessiah wrote:I'm THE Obama. Smell ME. I'm so cool that chablis freezes around me.

Work? I just, like, AM, man. I freaking AM.

Y, he's cool, but maybe it's all an act. A spy sent me this from the despicable Rush Limbaugh propaganda site:

And then from the Washington Prowler today at the American Spectator website: "According to several Democrat political consultants presumptive Democrat presidential nominee Barack Obama spent part of his Hawaiian vacation working on weaning himself from a heavy dependence on teleprompters. Even in what are staged as 'town hall' events for Obama, remarks are scripted or formatted into bullet points that scroll on teleprompter screens. Obama has had several embarrassing events where the teleprompter either malfunctioned or the screens were not fully visible," and he freezes up! "'He just locks down and can't get the words out,' says one political consultant. 'For such a fine speaker, it's really quite remarkable that he's had issues.'" He's not a fine speaker. He's a fine reader.

Hmmm - Maybe Politburo should meet soon and fire shoot the apparatchik responsible for working the Messiah's mouth because he/she is screwing up big time!

Image Gee, does this mean if Obama is President and the electric power goes out during a crisis, the country is f**ked? No, because if Obama is President the country is f**ked anyway.

Opiate of the People wrote:.... the People's Party is about rewarding incompetence and punishing success, for the successful can't be successful unless the failures fail, hence we must boost the failures back up to make things even again (and to give the sucessful something new to chew on.)

I beg to differ Comrade Opiate of the People, or at least we need to qualify. We must distinguish between incompetence in the Party and it's leaders, and the less equal. The Party leadership can not indulge in incompetence, at least without some compensating qualites. Would any one consider my Uncle Iosef was incompetent in his purging of the kulaks, purging of the Party, or leading the Motherland to great victory in the Great Patriotic War? Is there anyone more competent at collecting contributions or doing whatever is necessary to keep his position than the Chairperson? Is there anyone more competent than Commissar Theocritus at providnig leisure time for The Empress, Nancy, and Lenin knows what else, or knowing the perfect turn of the phrase to put a comrade in their rightful place? I could go on and on. Yes, there may be a few Party heads that may make you wonder sometimes, but you can be sure, somewhere, they had the competence to at least get pictures or some other damning evidence on someone.

No, we must be very competent in our roles. How else will we plunder the wealth so we can distribute it to those less equal and incompetent? See, that is the issue. We want to reward, take care of, extol the incompetent among the less equal. Why? Because we care more than they! Bwwwaaahhhaaa! I can't believe I just wrote that! No, we do it so the less equal feel that we are their saviors, so they do not rise up and throw us out of our power. For that is what we crave.... power. and one can not maintain power if one is incompetent.

Marshal Pupovich wrote:We must distinguish between incompetence in the Party and it's leaders, and the less equal. The Party leadership can not indulge in incompetence, at least without some compensating qualites.

Yes, of course you are correct, Honorable Marshall. I was thrown off-balance (which happens pretty regularly to old TV sets) by Comrade Obama's allusion to his "pay-grade". Only the less equal are "paid" while the leadership, owing to the exceptional burdens placed upon them by their roles, are simply permitted to take what they need to sustain them in their glorious work. At least, that's the way it happens in the People's Collective of Chicago. Anyway, when Obama spake those words, I foolishly imagined he was part of the Proletariat and in need of entitled to the same protections as the rest of us.

Image But perhaps Obama's reference to "pay grade" was a Freudian slip. Is he part of the leadership or is he really just a paid-stooge, a puppet doing someone else's bidding? Maybe someone can check to see if there is an arm up his ass and a hand moving his mouth....

No Comrade Opiate, I fear you did hear and perceive this Obama correctly, we shall see. But given his continued slide into mediocrity, well, I figure it may be time to start preparing some cardboard cut outs of him to go along with the non-person K's as well as others.

Mikhail T. Kalashnikov wrote:Fear not, Marshal. The staff is preparing...

My sources tell me this is not a cardboard cut-out. The real one froze up but good after his last teleprompter outage.

No, that is a cardboard cut out.... the tie didn't fall down.

Perhaps he borrowed a very stiff tie from the Goracle.

Yes, comrades, I agree this is a fake. It has much more character and a better resume.

Excellent point Comrade Opiate.... cardboard cutouts have a long, varied history as compared to the Obama.

And don't waffle <i>nearly</i> as much, even if they're thin as a playing card.

Just think, once we achieve the Glorious World of Next Tuesday. we can really simply replace this bothersome US congress with cardboard cutouts for still pictures, since really all decisions will be made by us in smoke filled back rooms any way.

Or that room that LBJ had in the Senate with a bar. And a mirror so he could see if his bald spot was showing.

Smoke-filled back rooms, Pupovich? Ha! I think not. Celery-stocked back rooms or Tofu-filled back rooms is more like it! Smoking is bad for everyone's health and... and... Big Tobacco! BIG TOBACCO! Need I say more, Comades? Need I say more?

Dear Chairperson,

It's after midnight here, and therefore the little Marxists are in bed. We can freely come out of the closet with our tastes for bonded Bourbon, Bombay Sapphire gin, beluga caviar, foie gras, and all that celery can go up a Rethuglican's ass as far as I'm concerned. And frankly considering how stiff he is, I think it came <i>out</i> of the Goracle's ass.

Chairperson, forgive me for being vague. Of course I should have mentioned the Peopple Herb™ when I mentioned smoke filled back rooms.

Marshal Pupovich wrote: ...we can really simply replace this bothersome US congress with cardboard cutouts for still pictures...

That actually would be an improvement over the current situation.

It would cut down on the noise, wouldn't it? And no piece of cardboard could posture as much as Nancy.

You can be sure I have invested in confiscated several cardboard factories.

You could make cut outs of yourself and other Honorable Chairpeople to post in our house to remind us of the Power of The Party.

Hmmm Comrade Elliot, I like the way you think!

Marshal Pupovich wrote:Hmmm Comrade Elliot, I like the way you think!
Thank-you good sircomrade Pupovich.