Mourning Uncle Joe, who died Sixty Three Years Ago Today

stalin-death.jpg
Caption contest for this inglorious blasphemy at a Jewish deli in Amerika? March 5, 1953

I remember the day well - Putout and I,.. and then we had supper.

My mother was 17 at the time and she remembers the day. She told me she cried with everybody else because the perception was that the country had lost its father and there was the fear and uncertainty about going on living as a fatherless nation. All the dissenters by that time have been taken care of, and those who remained were either true believers or they were good at keeping their mouths shut. And they brought up their children that way too, because it was safer that way for everyone involved. I was brought up that way, too. Its a good thing the times had changed for my generation, or I would have been in big trouble.

As usual [color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color] was close when he wrote:I remember the day well - Putout and I,.. and then we had supper.

Captain Craptek - first of all you are recalling the unveiling of the new Pamalinsky artwork...

Image .
And afterwards we attended church during which Pastor Ivan gave a most excellent fire and brimstone sermon concerning tractors.

OH LENIN
... he ripped Mahindra a new one!

It is so hard to believe that it has been sixty three years since the passing of the Boss who was found soaking in his own urine on the floor of his chamber while anyone who could have helped were far too terrified to enter his room.

I shall shed a tear and raise a glass in remembrance of the greatest leader (excluding Obama) that has ever lived!

[quote="Comrade Putout"]And afterwards we attended church during which Pastor Ivan gave a most excellent fire and brimstone sermon concerning tractors.

OH LENIN
... he ripped Mahindra a new one![/quote]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't call that very ecumenical. At the PTO Church of the Harvest we hate the sin, not the tractor.

PTOHarvest.jpg

Verily, I beseech thee, check thy oil, and purchase not the devil-spawn Mahindra nor its sister in harlotry, a Kubota! <spit>

Let thy tractor be RED (or Green with yellow accents), maybe blue if thou art compelled to drive a Ford.

Let the ushers come forward to collect today's offering...while I counsel with our deaconesses...Image

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Verily, I beseech thee, check thy oil, and purchase not the devil-spawn Mahindra nor its sister in harlotry, a Kubota! <spit>

Let thy tractor be RED (or Green with yellow accents), maybe blue if thou art compelled to drive a Ford.

Let the ushers come forward to collect today's offering...while I counsel with [highlight=#ffff00]our deaconesses[/highlight]...Image

Comrade,

I'd say the deaconesses are ready to plow...

The consummate farmer [color=#C0392B]Captain Craptek[/color] wrote:Comrade,

I'd say the deaconesses are ready to plow...

Ivan - my new 5045D just arrived... sans accessories!

I just stalled the damn thing... I think I've flooded it!

I'm consulting my owner's manual for suggestions.

I see your problem. Take it out of gear, let it roll forward about 12 feet until you feel another bump. Lock the brakes and go have a beet beverage or three. This will fix many things, to include a the reduced crop volume in the People's orchards of nut trees.

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll get up under your hood and fiddle with your buttons there's nothing like that new tractor smell on your hands! I'll be grinding your gears in no time, I don't take long at all.

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:I see your problem. Take it out of gear, let it roll forward about 12 feet until you feel another bump. Lock the brakes and go have a beet beverage or three. This will fix many things, to include a the reduced crop volume in the People's orchards of nut trees.

If that doesn't work, let me know, and I'll get up under your hood and fiddle with your buttons there's nothing like that new tractor smell on your hands! I'll be grinding your gears in no time, I don't take long at all.

I hate to dash your hopes, Comrade Ivan, but that's not Putout's real tractor - this is...

Putout's pictures in the interwebs aren't 100% accurate? This cannot be! And I am being notified of this by The People's Rodent! What is happening in this world?

Perhaps Ludmilla can fit me in as an emergency walk-in at Jiffy-Lobo for a tune-up...