Notable and Quotable: The Resistance to The Obeyance

From Power Line (American's Don't Get Ruled):

Michael McHaney is a state court judge in Clay County, Illinois. On Friday, he ruled from the bench in a case brought by a Clay County small business owner against Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker, contesting the validity of Pritzker's shutdown order. Via RedState, these are excerpts from Judge McHaney's ruling:

Since the inception of this insanity, the following regulations, rules or consequences have occurred: I won't get COVID if I get an abortion but I will get COVID if I get a colonoscopy. Selling pot is essential but selling goods and services at a family-owned business is not. Pot wasn't even legal and pot dispensaries didn't even exist in this state until five months ago and, in that five months, they have become essential but a family-owned business in existence for five generations is not.

A family of six can pile in their car and drive to Carlyle Lake without contracting COVID but, if they all get in the same boat, they will. We are told that kids rarely contract the virus and sunlight kills it, but summer youth programs, sports programs are cancelled. Four people can drive to the golf course and not get COVID but, if they play in a foursome, they will. If I go to Walmart, I won't get COVID but, if I go to church, I will. Murderers are released from custody while small business owners are threatened with arrest if they have the audacity to attempt to feed their families.

These are just a few of examples of rules, regulations and consequences that are arbitrary, capricious, and completely devoid of anything even remotely approaching common sense.

The defendant in this case orders you to stay home and pronounces that, if you leave the state, you are putting people in danger, but his family members traveled to Florida and Wisconsin because he deems such travel essential. One initial rationale why the rules don't apply to him is that his family farm had animals that needed [to be] fed. Try selling that argument to farmers who have had to slaughter their herds because of disruption in the supply chain.

When laws do not apply to those who make them, people are not being governed, they are being ruled. Make no mistake, these executive orders are not laws. They are royal decrees. Illinois citizens are not being governed, they are being ruled. The last time I checked Illinois citizens are also Americans and Americans don't get ruled. The last time a monarch tried to rule Americans, a shot was fired that was heard around the world. That day led to the birth of a nation consensually governed based upon a document which ensures that on this day in this, [or] any American courtroom tyrannical despotism will always lose and liberty, freedom and the Constitution will always win.

Obeyance - an act or custom of obeying.

Usage: The Obeyance protest march against Trump has been canceled until further orders.

Such dissident ruling from the bench is the result of allowing Rethugglikkkans to appoint judges who don't play by the Party Line ™ or Current Truth ™ .

This is why we can't ALL have nice things like Bernie and AOC promise us.

One more thing, George Bush--

he hasn't been blamed in a while.

so there.