NSA leaks telegrams from Spanish American War era

spanish-american-war.jpg
In an effort to further deflect criticism over PRISM and other spying activities, an unnamed source within the NSA has leaked a series of telegrams from the Spanish American war era, gathered by a shadowy predecessor organization.

Shocking telegrams included Admiral Dewey demanding to know if William Randolph Hearst can be censored, and a young Colonel Teddy Roosevelt insisting on his part-time soldiers being issued modern assault Krag Jorgenson rifles.

Commissar of Time and Chronological Warfare never fails to deliver the korrekt time-space continuum perspective.

Here are some fascinating samples of visual agitation of the time:

spanish-american-war-poster-fragment.jpg
spanish-american-war-poster.jpg

And the same Uncle Sam portrayed by the other side (which must be the only korrekt perspective because (a) it's in Spanish and (b) Uncle Sam has long, grabby arms of the greedy imperialist that he is.

spanish-american-war-cartoon.jpg

The Progressives of that time believed in Imperialism as a force of good as it would spread the superior culture of America. They justified the war as a means of civilizing the 'brown' race in Cuba and the Philippines. "For humanity's sake." This is in contradistinction to the current Progressive belief that modern 'white' America is culturally inferior, other country's cultures are superior, and so America needs the new Progressive Imperialism of unlimited immigration in order to civilize America.

"For humanity's sake."

It would first seem by this explanation of the New Imperialism that they have turned the idea of imperialism on it's head. However, the issue is never the issue. The rationalization is never the reason.

The issue is always the revolution.

Leaked with the disclaimer that any resemblance between the USS Maine and the present economy is purely intentional coincidental.

USSMaine.jpg

Based on this info my most respected Comrades have provided, I' m goin' Libertarian!

I've had it!

It's not a Party Im goin' for, it's the Freedom it will bring me. That's all I want.

Call it The Constitution Party! Anything but Repugs! They disgust me.

Pansies, that's the new Republican Party. What a bunch of wimps. Cowards!

Pamalinsky, I'd say go for it - I think you'll make a FINE Librarian!

Hey, R.O.C.K.! That would be Libertarian, not Librarian, as you well know. I never expected you to dis me like this by mis-spelling words I said. Really. We're in real trouble here, my friend. Actually, I think you mis-spelled my word, Libertarian, intentionally.How could you do this to me? Really. Maybe I misread it all. I always thought you were my friend.

Hey, Putout,

Thanks for keeping me in check. I still think I am a damn Libertarian, regardless of how great I look in glasses. O.K.?

The leaked documents reveal that President McKinley and Secretary of State John Sherman initially tried to blame the sinking of the USS Maine on an offensive zoetrope.[attachment=0]John_Sherman.jpg[/attachment]

[color=#C0392B]Chairman Meow[/color] rightly wrote:The leaked documents reveal that President McKinley and Secretary of State John Sherman initially tried to blame the sinking of the USS Maine on an offensive zoetrope.
It could have been one of those risque zoetropes that were all the rage!

my-zoetrope.jpg

Excellent, most imaginative imagery, Putout!

Where do you get this stuff?

Comrade Putout wrote:
[color=#C0392B]Chairman Meow[/color] rightly wrote:The leaked documents reveal that President McKinley and Secretary of State John Sherman initially tried to blame the sinking of the USS Maine on an offensive zoetrope.
It could have been one of those risque zoetropes that were all the rage!

Comrade Putout,

I used to pose for zoetrope art.

Zoetrope Putout gif.gif

[color=#C0392B]R.O.C.K. in the USSA[/color] was daydreaming when he wrote:Gee!! I wish I were a man I'd join the Navy.

Too late now!

join-the-navy.jpg

Dearest Comrade Putout -

I've grown accustomed to your frequently mistaking other people for me - first, it was Comrade Cougar, then his brother, then my cousin, and even Johnny Depp!

But this is a first. Mistaking YOU for me?

Please to send me some of what you're drinking in first available airlift!

Sincerely,

R.O.C.K. in the USSA

[color=#C0392B]R.O.C.K. in the USSA[/color] was amazingly correct when he wrote:Dearest Comrade Putout -

I've grown accustomed to your frequently mistaking other people for me - first, it was Comrade Cougar, then his brother, then my cousin, and even Johnny Depp!

But this is a first. Mistaking YOU for me?

Please to send me some of what you're drinking in first available airlift!

Sincerely,

R.O.C.K. in the USSA

R.O.C.K. - I think you are correct!

Pammy and I met this really cool biker dude and we got to celebrating the 4th and all and I drank way too many Long Island Ice Teas. I made the mistake of posting an image/reply when I got home. I promise never to post on a drinking holiday ever again! (Also, I think I may have turned into an African-American a little bit... plus I think a squirrel bit me - what a day!)

May

oleg-with-his-ladies.jpg

Putout, that is one great piece of journalism/photoshop work. I mean, really!

I wanted to extrapolate on this by grabbing your image and put a People's Cube in place of each "Big Gulp." However, it seems you made this impossible to steal, at least I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks for making me look fabulous and I can only hope Daddy Bloomberg never sees this, for your own good. (Oh yeah and my good and the other sucker in this photo)

Edit: Moments later. OMG! The other "sucker" in this photo is Comrade Red! Didn't recognize him at first! Well, whatayagonna do except whatchagonna do?

Good one, Comrade Putout!