Obama and Palin RECONCILE! WORLD PEACE IMMINENT!

It's the MIRACLE we've been waiting for Comrades!
The One has done it! We all knew he could! Right?

Image (credit: Martin Rice)

I mean...how exciting can it GET!

Isn't that "Dancing with the Czars" ? And couldn't Deer Leeder have found a more attractive partner? Ah, who am I kidding- I'm sure he's just trying to work out a deal with her to "drill" for "oil".

Excellen Photoshop job Pamalinsky. Your own ?

Obamugabe wrote:Excellen Photoshop job Pamalinsky. Your own ?

No Sir! I wish it was, but cannot claim credit for it! Someone emailed it to me today and, the moment I saw it, I knew it HAD to go on the Cube! I think it's KILLER! But, as a virgin prog, what do I know.

I am quite capable of doing this sort of Photoshop job, but am running out of my first 30-day trial of Creative Suite CS4. It is quite expensive! I used a much lower version of this suite when I was employed at my last job, which ended last November. I applied for it just so I could post my avatar. It was long overdue. There might still be a way! I want it!

The Cube generously turned me onto a free photo-manipulation thing called Gimp.com. So sweet of them to do so, but, I found it quite problematic. And, I do like the famliarity and grace of Photoshop, even though I am dealing with the upgrades (actually 2 steps UP!) I found out that I can get free seminars on all of this at my local Apple Store!

I want Illustrator, as well, because I have a project I am working on which requires this use. And then there are the video things! Makes my mouth water!

There are amazing things in CS4 that I would like to explore. I will get this done somehow!

Awehtu!

Comradette Pamalinsky,

If pinched, try to get a student discount. At some community colleges with bookstores, I've heard the staff just assume older customers (if you are such) to be students/teachers and charge accordingly without asking. But there's luck and ethics involved. You could also have a student/teacher buy it for you, though it's not, ahem, acceptable practice. However, we're progs, so it can't fail. And if it does, you've been discriminated against.

You might try the open-source GIMP. It's pretty good with much the same functionality. The main problems I've had with it are (1) it's still 8-bit color (per channel) not 16 and (2) it can't use Photoshop plugins. A bold Teuton has been putting up solid video tutorials for it. Since it's open-source, there are versions where the keyboard commands mimic those of Photoshop, to ease transition.

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:
Comradette Pamalinsky,

If pinched, try to get a student discount. At some community colleges with bookstores, I've heard the staff just assume older customers (if you are such) to be students/teachers and charge accordingly without asking. But there's luck and ethics involved. You could also have a student/teacher buy it for you, though it's not, ahem, acceptable practice. However, we're progs, so it can't fail. And if it does, you've been discriminated against.

You might try the open-source GIMP. It's pretty good with much the same functionality. The main problems I've had with it are (1) it's still 8-bit color (per channel) not 16 and (2) it can't use Photoshop plugins. A bold Teuton has been putting up solid video tutorials for it. Since it's open-source, there are versions where the keyboard commands mimic those of Photoshop, to ease transition.

This new info about Gimp is most appreciated. I will check out those video tutorials you recommended. Tovarich, I guess I am still a bit of a prima donna when it comes to the ease of my creativity. After all, I used to be a Metropolitan Opera singer, back in the day. I'm sure you can see through my attempts to impress you with this string of bs (albiet, quite true) Please forgive me for this shameless plug on my behalf. Actually, now that you mention it, I get emails all the time telling me how much our great leader wants us to take advantage of loans from the Gubmint. Problem with me is, I hate things with strings attached. And, I know there's some here! I'll find a way! So good to hear from you again! I always love your insight! Thank you.

How can dear Leader stand being so close to this stupid woman. Some of her "stupid" might rub off on him, andthe buffoonish little Joey bin Biden, and then where would the country be?! I denounce this Dancing With the Czars.... what if it turned into a series?

Comradette Fräulein Pulloskies,

Your poster is a joy to all hearing-impaired individuals, despite using oppressive and regressive lexis, by showing them to be progressive and fun-loving individuals, unlike Their kind. And I know you know who I mean.

Comradette Pamalinksy,

You're quite welcome!

You see, Comrade Tovarich, I believe that particular poster was created for the 'moderate' and reichwinggers, who are so consumed with frivolity and boisterous. Not for the serious minded Progs. We are devoted to studiousness.

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:Comradette Pamalinsky,

Hi, Commissar Tovarich! I overcame my stupid vanity and actually was able to use your recommended "Gimp" successfully!!! Wow! It's really good! I used this recently to modify my avatar to my liking! I think the usefulness of it had to do with my recent, and required, upgrades! I actually think I like it better than the "kapatalist" Photoshop™ Thanks, so much for looking after me! I'm very happy! I don't know why I had so much trouble with it before, I mean, I couldn't even crop images! I just wanted you to know that this Gimp that you recommended is working for me now! Thanks!

Actually, I wanted to show my new Gimp revise here but it wouldn't load. It does indeed load at the end of The Oddyssey and Idiocy of Theocritus and Pamalinsky, if you care to see. But, that's all I get, for now.
I have faith that this will all work out for all of us!

Czar Czar wrote:Isn't that "Dancing with the Czars" ? And couldn't Deer Leeder have found a more attractive partner? Ah, who am I kidding- I'm sure he's just trying to work out a deal with her to "drill" for "oil".
Are we to call this "Dirty Dancing" then? Sounds about right.