Obama apologizes for Team USA

In a televised speech given before the closing ceremony of the 2010Winter Olympics in Vancouver, President Obama gave a sincere apology tothe world for the lopsided distribution of medals which unfairlybenefited the United States more than any other country. Team USA haswon a total of 36 medals whereas less fortunate countries such asEstonia and Kazakhstan both received only 1 silver medal.

"I want everybody to be absolutely clear about this," stated Obama."There have been times when America has shown arrogance and beenderisive. The 2010 Winter Olympics is just another display of thatfact. Americans comprise only 4% of the world population, yet we takemore than 25% of all Olympic medals. This needs to change. We need toshow the world that we Americans can do better by doing worse."

"Its so typical of America," says blogger Suzy Whiner of the Huffington Post. "We always go into another country and steal its gold and resources and act like we own the place. Its like, who the hell do we think we are? We're no better than anybody else. I hope Dick Cheney dies soon!"

The President says that America's athletes acted in a greedy and selfish manner, undermining 'the spirit of goodwill' that the Olympic games represent. Obama, showing just why he won the Nobel Peace Prize, said, "We can't, you know, win 13 gold medals, 14 silver medals, and 9 bronze medals and then expect the other countries to say 'okay'. That's not leadership."

Obama is calling for an international panel to review the process ofhow medals are awarded. He believes that medals should be awarded noton the basis of individual achievement but by the need of the countriesthe athletes represent. Therefore the Azerbaijan Hockey Team, forexample, would have the same chance of winning a medal as Canada andother privileged countries have. President Obama explains that "someathletes are just too good and will have to sit out for many of thecompetitions in order for others to have a chance to succeed."

Obama,who is no stranger to athletic competition, was asked by a reporter ifhe felt any guilt for being an eight-time Gold medal winner in bowlingat the 2009 Special Olympics. He replied, "No. I won."

"I want everybody to be absolutely clear about this," stated Obama. "There have been times when America has shown arrogance and been derisive. The 2010 Winter Olympics is just another display of that fact."

OH! Is he not glooorious! Great Leader still makes me swoon.

(and SUCH a bod! wooohooo)

How does Obama maintain his slim girlish figure?

OUTRAGE! Obama is correct (as usual) that this is INDEED AN OUTRAGE! These greedy wingnut tea-bagging Olympic bastards not only hogged all the medals and TV time, but they were exhaling unnecessarily and intentionally added excessive amounts of carbon dioxide to the atmosphere! This was obvious to anyone who watched on TV. You can't tell me that curling requires THAT much heavy breathing! These traitors are trying to kill all of us by stealth acceleration of climate change!!!!!

You can't tell me that curling requires THAT much heavy breathing!

You are correct, they heavy breathing was in response to Obama's cut figure. But when breathed in praise of his Supremeness, hot air is never wasted, nor a crime.

Of course, he should not redistrubute his bowling trophies. He should not redistribute his presidency either. He won.

Obama, who is no stranger to athletic competition, was asked by a reporter if he felt any guilt for being an eight-time Gold medal winner in bowling at the 2009 Special Olympics. He replied, "No. I won."

And why should he? Even tho' he's Prezident fer Life, he's still half black- and that minority half still deserves more medals, even with the bumpers up.

"I want everybody to be absolutely clear about this," stated Obama. "There have been times when America has shown arrogance and been derisive. The 2010 Winter Olympics is just another display of that fact. Americans comprise only 4% of the world population, yet we take more than 25% of all Olympic medals. This needs to change. We need to show the world that we Americans can do better by doing worse."

And this happened ON HIS WATCH!!! And in a country with FREE UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE!!!! Oh, the HUMANITY! Poor, poor Dear Leader!!! I proclaim tomorrow National Self-Flagellation Day, and order all Americans to give themselves 1000 whacks with a rusty shovel, as pennance for this unspeakable crime!

COmrade Obama is absolutely right.

As Tyrant of the People's Paradise of Zimbabwe a demand that at least 5 gold medals be redistributed to Africa. The north clearly has a Winter Olympics Debt to pay to Africa, seeing that we don't have snow at all, mainly due to Global Warming and the glaciers on Kilimanjaro melting and all that.

WINTER OLYMPICS EQUITY NOW!

REDISTRIBUTE SNOW TO AFRICA NOW!

Obamugabe

Obamugabe wrote:COmrade Obama is absolutely right.

As Tyrant of the People's Paradise of Zimbabwe a demand that at least 5 gold medals be redistributed to Africa. The north clearly has a Winter Olympics Debt to pay to Africa, seeing that we don't have snow at all, mainly due to Global Warming and the glaciers on Kilimanjaro melting and all that.

WINTER OLYMPICS EQUITY NOW!

REDISTRIBUTE SNOW TO AFRICA NOW!

Obamugabe

Dearest Comrade Obamugabe ~ 5 isn't nearly enough. All medals should be redistributed from those carbon emitting greedy capitalist. Gas bags is what they are. Did you see their consumption of Amerikan beer and cigars? Do you realize the harm that the flatulence and expulsion of noxious gasses caused dear planet? Africa, great Leaders homeland, should receive all those medals!

To ensure the United States will redistribute it's medals in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Dear Leader Obama has petitioned the Olympic Committee to reinstate baseball, and will be the only pitcher for the U.S. Baseball Team.

Casserole Czar wrote: You are correct, they heavy breathing was in response to Obama's cut figure. But when breathed in praise of his Supremeness, hot air is never wasted, nor a crime.

I was referring to the athletes' heavy breathing not the media's, but your point is well taken. Many is the time that I watch Dear Leader bloviate pontificate on TV and have had no choice but to heave a heavy sigh.

Stalin for Time wrote:To ensure the United States will redistribute it's medals in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, Dear Leader Obama has petitioned the Olympic Committee to reinstate baseball, and will be the only pitcher for the U.S. Baseball Team.

This action will guarantee an equal distribution of medals for the oppressed non-Amerikkan baseball teams of the world.

Image Sh*t, did he know the game is NOT slow-pitch softball and he's not supposed to put an arc on the ball? Yikes.

Glorious news, comrades! Soviet Sports Gulags will re-open--from the Associated Press

Medvedev demands resignations over Olympic flop
By DAVID NOWAK, Associated Press Writer
Mon Mar 1, 12:24 pm ET

MOSCOW – President Dmitry Medvedev demanded Monday that Russian sports officials step down over the country's dismal performance at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Russia, a traditional winter sports powerhouse, won just 15 medals — with only three golds— in one of its worst performances. Officials said before the games that 30 medals and a top-three finish in the medal standings was the target.

Russia placed 11th for golds and sixth in the overall medal count.

In televised comments, Medvedev said if those responsible for preparing the athletes don't resign then the decision will be made for them. He did not mention anyone by name.

"Those who bear the responsibility for Olympic preparations should carry that responsibility. It's totally clear," he said. "I think that the individuals responsible, or several of them, who answer for these preparations, should take the courageous decision to hand in their notice. If we don't see such decisiveness, we will help them."

In post-Soviet history, Russia had never previously finished outside the top five in the medal standings and only won fewer medals once before, in 2002 at Salt Lake City. Russia was the top nation at the 1994 Lillehammer Games, garnering 23 medals — 11 gold.

In nine Winter Olympics between 1956 and 1988, the Soviet Union failed to top the medal standings only twice, finishing runner-up on those occasions.

Medvedev lamented that Russia "has lost the old Soviet school ... and we haven't created our own school — despite the fact that the amount of money that is invested in sport is unprecedentedly high."

The results leave Russia particularly red-faced yes you read that correctly as it takes the torch for the next Winter games in its Black Sea resort of Sochi in 2014.

"Without messing around, we need to start preparations for Sochi. But taking into account what happened in Vancouver, we need to completely change how we prepare our athletes," Medvedev said.

In an interview with the newspaper Vremya Novostei, sports minister Vitaly Mutko blamed several factors for the Vancouver flop. New sports such as freestyle skiing that "no one takes seriously" well he got that right in Russia have allowed other countries to race ahead, he said.

Mutko also claimed luck was not on the country's side, saying in several disciplines Russia lacked "a shot here, a second or a point there," singling out Evgeni Plushenko, who took silver behind Evan Lysacek of the United States in a closely fought men's figure skating competition.

Doping bans had also deprived Russia of several leading medal contenders, he said.

Several Russian politicians have called for Mutko, who was appointed sports minister in May 2008, to step down.

We are one world! One giant set of winners! So who needs medals anyhow? The whole concept of medals should be banned. It causes others to feel bad. Those who are more or most equal already know it, and do not need to be told. The only "losers" in our world are risk-taking kapitalists--you can't lose if you don't try. So don't try. And so we say: Medals for all or medals for nobody! Medals for mediocrity!

Off:
I feel so bad for those Russian athletes. It's not like they spent 36 hours a day beating their bodies just to lose. It's humiliating enough in a free society to let your country down, but it must really wreck their lives when their own government intentionally shames them. Hopefully their families are still allowed to buy groceries. Hideous people.

Comrades this comdenation of the olympics is good but it does not go far enough. The whole system needs to be retooled and reorganized. How can we expect the olympics to be fair if countries like the US and Canada can field hundreds of athleets and nations like Jamaica can only send in one? We must not only redistribute the medels but we must also redistribute the olympians.

Furthermore these "Games" are dangerous to the world's ideology, they promote individualism and specialization, the idea that a man can be good at one thing and worse at others. Are we not all equal Comrades? So why do we expect the hockey teams to play just hockey? why can't they also figure skate, or represent their nations on the slopes? If a man is to compete in one olympic event I say he must be in them all.

The games themselves are also descrimitory in two ways. First they give credit to cold climate games unfairly descriminating against warmer regions and warmer games. People play soccer and backetball in the winter, why arn't they in the winter olympics? Because northern capitalists are afraid of our african brothers competing with them in more universal games, thats why.

Secondly these olympic games to not accurately represent the native minorities in them. Where are the real Olympians? Why arn't Zues and Athena allowed to compete. I would like to see the US beat Area in a game of hockey, or see people out jump Hermes. But are they in these games? No, because once again imperialist swine are supressing the natives inorder to promote their gold seeking agenda.

Its time for the Iron fist to descend on these games comrades, there must be redistribution, there must be an end to the bigotry against non-ice related games, there must be an end to the Racism. If we can't fix it then there must be an end to the Olympic games.

I thought the whining and tantrums that occurred at this last Olympics was a very good sign of progressive progress.

I thought the whining and tantrums that occurred at this last Olympics was a very good sign of progressive progress.

Glorious! Hail Obama!