Obama Ice Cream, A Growth Industry in a Shrinking Economy

The list of Obama products continues to grow.

From the motherland, Obama ice cream with the slogan "Everyone's talking about it: dark inside white!"

Waiting for correct translation from Red Square

We know that His O'liness smokes and I'm waiting for Obama Stogies.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:We know that His O'liness smokes and I'm waiting for Obama Stogies.
Image Image
These are grown from leaves harvested by genuine Cuban slaves comrades!

But are they rolled against the thighs of Rethuglican trust-fund virgins?

Then they're O'ly Smokes, Barry!

Gold.
AFP wrote: Russian ads using Obama spark racism complaints
12 hours ago

MOSCOW (AFP) — Obama ice cream, anyone? Chocolate-vanilla ice cream is one of several Russian products being marketed using America's first black president, even as critics call the ads racist.

Other ads featuring US President Barack Obama have promoted tanning salons and tooth-whitening services.

But the creator of one Obama-themed ad -- for ice cream bars which have a chocolate-flavoured centre embedded in a layer of vanilla -- insisted Friday that it was not racist and should be seen as a joke.
Racism! It gets better:

AFP wrote:Andrei Gubaidullin, who created the ad, told AFP that it was not racist and that Russia simply had a different attitude to race than Western countries.

"For Russia, this is not racist. It is fun and that's it," said Gubaidullin, creative director at Voskhod advertising agency, based in the Urals Mountains city of Yekaterinburg.
Making black folks look silly is racist. Now if it were a white guy -- a sweaty fat white guy who likes guns and NASCAR -- then that would be a different story.

Hopefully the creator of this hateful little ad will redeem himself:

AFP wrote:"We don't consider teasing ethnic groups racist. It is just seen as a joke," he said by telephone, adding that he personally liked Obama.
Ah, redemption. He shall surely be spared the wrath of the International Left -- for now.

Meow, he will be spared their wrath (1) if he's not a Jew and (2) he throws a shoe, metaphorically, at Bush.

But if he makes <i>one</i> admiring comment about the USSA, he is doomed.

adding that he personally liked Obama.
This reminds me of politicians who say, "I'm personally against abortion."

What about this?

Been out for some time now. No complaints that I know of. Anybody?

With pleasure, Grigori. Ben and Jerry have used an image of His O'liness that is flattering and faithful to his true image. The Russian brand makes him look cartoonish and like a Pokemon character. I can't think of a more disrespectful and sacrilegious way to demean Our Dear Leader's sacred image, unless they dared to smear poopy over his portrait and soak it in a jar of pee-pee.

Yes, Pee Can.

Speaking of Pokemon, if memory serves, those little creatures tend to evolve and change form and identity. Obama has already shown Pokemon symptoms--since taking office he's evolved into Kennedy, then Roosevelt, then Lincoln--at what point does he become the perfect Pokemon?

Compare the Obama on the Russian ice cream with the Pokemon character Gastly below.

"This Pokémon's body is 99% made up of gases, which are blown away by strong gusts of wind."

<br>Image

Any questions?

Interesting find.
Superkommissar Maksim wrote:The list of Obama products continues to grow.
From the motherland, Obama ice cream with the slogan "Everyone's talking about it: dark inside white!"
Waiting for correct translation from Red Square
The phrase literally says "on everyone's lips: dark in white"

Which has a double meaning - "Everyone's talking about it" and "Everyone's lips are smeared in it."

Here's another interesting detail from the accompanying story:
"For Russia, this is not racism. It is fun and that's it,” Andrey Gubaidullin, creative director at Voskhod advertising agency, based in the Urals Mountain city of Yekaterinburg, was quoted by AFP as saying. "We don't consider teasing ethnic groups. It is just seen as a joke."
AFP doesn't mention one thing that to any Russian is obvious: Gubaidullin is a Tatar name, which makes him an ethnic minority himself. It's like quoting Amiri Barakaon race relations to a foreign audience without mentioning that he is black.

Some Tatars look European, some look Asian. And minorities in Russia like telling ethnic jokes just like everybody else does, hardly meaning to insult anyone on purpose.
<br>I checked Gubaidullin's other ad work on the Web and it's pretty decent. Here's his ads for the local Brighton Language School.

Scroll down to the thumbnails and click to enlarge.

Grigori E.R. wrote:What about this?

It's outrageous! The cows on the background are part black and part white. Hasn't anyone noticed this glaring, dastardly allusion to O's background? WHEN WILL IT STOP???!!! We must sue Ben & Jerry for subliminal racial insult, revoke their FDA license, and organize sit-ins on the lawn in front of Ben & Jerry's house by grieving families (as soon as they are finished sitting on the lawn in front of AIG executive's house).

Pinkie - a maturing Pokemon is a very powerful metaphor, but the one you've presented is a very poor choice because of its color. Besides, it looks a lot more like Al Sharpton, and I'm not even talking about his Pokemon's qualities.

BTW here's the English version of the Obama Ice Cream.

And I feel I should repost something from another thread:

When I was a kid, I remember how the Soviet establishment honored their favorite American communist by naming a popular chocolate cake "Paul Robeson." I guess it was in existence since the late 50s or early 60s. Already in the 1990s, when American liberals started visiting in droves, they finally discovered the cake and denounced it as racist. Until then, for 30 or 40 years, the Soviets were eating Paul Robeson chocolate cake without realizing the deep, underlying evil of their ways. They just liked his deep voice, and it tasted good.

Besides, Robeson was one of the few Hollywood communists who never wavered and never turned their backs on the Motherland even after all the revelations about Stalin's crimes by Khrushchev. A few million dead - so what? At least people in Russia were free to eat Paul Robeson chocolate cake - unlike people in the racist white Amerika, who would've been accused of hate crime for doing that!

Red Square wrote:Pinkie - a maturing Pokemon is a very powerful metaphor, but the one you've presented is a very poor choice because of its color. Besides, it looks a lot more like Al Sharpton, and I'm not even talking about his Pokemon's qualities.

BTW here's the English version of the Obama Ice Cream.

My point, dearest Red, is that Gastly looks no more like Obama than the character in the Russian ice cream ad, who looks more like a Camp Fire Mint (or maybe I'm thinking of one of those Girl Scout "Whoop-De-Doos") with part of the chocolate coating chipped out. Both are poor choices.

Frankly, on further consideration I think Gastly looks more like Dick Cheney in blackface.

Pinkie is right, there is little resemblance. However his shoes do remind me of something…

and one more just because its the weekend.

I'm sure you've all noticed the hurt and hatred in the eyes of the true left? Bill Maher? Michael Moore? And 3M?

Ah, collectivism has never been so cute since those adorable sino-cyber cops Jing Jing and Cha Cha.

I see what are I suppose Chinese characters on the car.

For strange reasons I've read some yaoi, which is a subset of manga. They're Japanese comics of love stories between men, written by and for Japanese women. One of the men is nearly always blond, and they're always drawn to western proportions.

At least, being men, they don't look like Anna Nicol Smith.

Ah yes, the Chinese nickname for the police is the Jing Cha.

As for ice cream, I thought Ben & Jerry already had a flavor for Obama called "Chunky Monkey". Or was that to honor Al Sharpton?

Anyway, I sued them for a million rubles for false advertising....there's no monkey in it at all.

You'll have to get in line. I sued them over Cherry Garcia.

What, you didn't find anything in it that resembled Garcia's beard? Or tasted like one?

I assumed it was the armpit hair of a lesbian working there.

Obama fried chicken, Obama Ice Cream. I eagerly await the next Obama themed food so that I can serve a banquet at my dascha in Alaska with these delicacies. I still need Obama mustard and collard green salad, Obama mashed potatos and gravy, Obama corn liquor, and perhaps some Obama hot sauce to liven things up a bit.

7.62, your life can be simplified greatly is you play one of the speeches of His O'liness before you dine, because it all sounds great and it all sounds the same and then what you eat all tastes great and it all tastes the same no matter what it is, but here's the difference:

After you've eaten you find that you've had nothing but junk food which costs more than Beluga caviar.

Grigori E.R. wrote:What about this?

Comrades,

While as proletarian as the next guy, gal, ape, etc., I find this offensive: It suggests President 0bama is nuts (pecan, to be exact). However, the fact that he is backed by unthinking bovines is encouraging.

Upon reflection, maybe it's (no pun intended) a draw.

Commissar Theocritus wrote:I assumed it was the armpit hair of a lesbian working there.

B&J used to sell an ice cream with a title like "Tropical Rainforest Crunch." I haven't seen it for years. My guess is some tropical rainforest activists put the crunch on B&J.

B&J tried to market ice cream in Japan. It failed spectacularly. Huzzah! Instead we get Fauchon (good) and Haägen-Däzs, both of which cost about $2 for three spoons' worth at a mini-mart.

Thank you Superkommissar Maksim for the Leningrad Cowboys. Comrades, the time is right, we must persuade this delightful group to tour Amerika. Nothing says "Happy Together" like music.

and Cowboys, Love the shoes and hair!

Tovarich, Tropical Rainforest Crunch. Considering the all-natural bent of Ben and Jerry's and that they give x% of their profits to world peace, I wonder if the crunch was sootkiins.

I warn you. If you do not have a very strong stomach do not look that one up.

Theocritus, I'm afraid you aroused (though that may not be the right verb) my curiosity:

http://unclestinky.wordpress.com/2008/01/25/sootikins/

In a word (make that three): genital dust mice

This is a more genteel explanation than the one I had. I had something like the Little Black Book of Sex or something like that--which was liberated by a Progressive who got into my office. I learned the word from it. And other words: cerumen (ear wax); sebaceous, which we all know; and a few others. Coprophagia, which is what Media, the O'llow Man's lap dog does.

Speaking of which, we have a 2006 story on the Cube, in which we interviewed Gwyneth Paltrow about coprophagia - https://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=990