Obama inauguration to be the most expensive celebration!

Remember the media saying it was in bad taste for Republicans to spend $40 million on Bush's inauguration 4 years ago? Now many sources state that Obama's inauguration is estimated to cost over $150 million. Of course there is no mention from AP or the other press about the fact that it's the most expensive inauguration celebration in American history.

Four years ago, the Associated Press and others in the press suggested it was in poor taste for Republicans to spend $40 million on President Bush's inauguration. AP writer Will Lester calculated the impact that kind of money would have on armoring Humvees in Iraq, helping victims of the tsunami, or paying down the deficit. Lester thought the party should be cancelled: “The questions have come from Bush supporters and opponents: Do we need to spend this money on what seems so extravagant?”

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noye ... baby-spend

AP - For inaugural balls, go for glitz, forget economy

https://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/ar ... wD95MC3300

One journalist, who had put down Bush because of his $40 million inauguration celebration, expressed his thoughts by saying that in these sad times, the money spent for Obama's inauguration will bring joy into our lives. That it will be good to celebrate.

Whenever I'm feeling bad about the economy, watching politicians go for opulence, extravagance, and ostentation always gives me a warm feeling inside.

After all; the change we can believe in is becoming a coronation ceremony fit for the greatest of Kings and Pharohs.

Hail to the King.

Let's face it folks: coronations are just more expensive than your simple inauguration. We should be damned grateful to be allowed to pay for this. Think about all of the poor Democrats who had to sit and watch Bush get sworn in not once, but twice. Think of all their pain and suffering. Don't they deserve their place in the sun now? Shouldn't they be allowed to spend OPM on the greatest single president who ever has or ever will grace the Oval Office with his presence? THERE SHOULD BE NATION-WIDE CELEBRATIONS! In every city, every town, and even in the wilderness, let there be bands playing and banners flying! Let joy be unconfined! Let there be feasts and revels, entertainment of diverse sort (for truly, diversity is good in and of itself) and a Saturnalian release!

ObamaMarx2008 wrote:Whenever I'm feeling bad about the economy, watching politicians go for opulence, extravagance, and ostentation always gives me a warm feeling inside.
Agreed. A more equal coronation is only fitting for this most equal comrade. Who could complain? In fact, who would complain? I want names.

Yes, that AP shithead noble journalist is correct; a lavish celebration would make everyone feel better and what's more, it would be GOOD FOR THE ECONOMY! Here's an idea: there is still 350 billion dollars in the TARP fund, why don't we spend it to celebrate the coming of the BEST PRESIDENT AMERICA HAS EVER HAD???? Think of all the jobs it would create: hookers un-licensed sex therapists looters unidentified free-lance property liberators car thieves impromptu taxi services and drug dealers roving non-prescription pharmaceutical sales representatives will all be in record demand for the joyous occasion! It is in bad taste to spend money on thugs like Bushitler, but this is for OBAMA!

A true Progressive response would be "SFW". Only we in The Party have the capacity to judge what is or is not appropriate. Should some "objective" standard be applied to both Bush and Obama? Hell no! Why not? Because we love Obama and hate Bush. Bush was an illegitimate occupier or OUR White House and ran OUR government without OUR consent for eight long torturous years. Obama is OUR guy (after what we spent on getting him elected, he damn well better be!) and HIS Presidency is legitimate. Therefore, whatever is spent to celebrate His coronation is of no concern to anyone and what "better uses" the money could be put to is irrelevant. There's plenty more government money to spend on whatever The Party deems necessary, so who cares about a measly $150 million?

I thought He'd go for the "I understand the problems of the poor, therefore, we shall make this party for the poor, by the poor, and to the poor."

Ivan Betinov wrote:Let's face it folks: coronations are just more expensive than your simple inauguration. We should be damned grateful to be allowed to pay for this. Think about all of the poor Democrats who had to sit and watch Bush get sworn in not once, but twice. Think of all their pain and suffering. Don't they deserve their place in the sun now? Shouldn't they be allowed to spend OPM on the greatest single president who ever has or ever will grace the Oval Office with his presence? THERE SHOULD BE NATION-WIDE CELEBRATIONS! In every city, every town, and even in the wilderness, let there be bands playing and banners flying! Let joy be unconfined! Let there be feasts and revels, entertainment of diverse sort (for truly, diversity is good in and of itself) and a Saturnalian release!

Comrade Ivan,

I have it on good authority that they expect 4+ million people for our Obamessiah's coronation, and that there are going to be at least 5,000 porta-potties. That's 1 potty for every 800 citizens. (OMG how gross!) How lavish! (as a side note, get a prole detail to appropriate the contents of these potties for converting to PTC. There's sure to be a Motherload of crap w/ that many people there!)

I also plan a coronation and birthday (mine) party at my NY dacha, complete with all the fancy trimmings! I feel that this is only right, as I am a Uber-Commissar of the Party and need to project a proper public image, (being more equal than my guests), although I do feel just a little bit guilty. I shall recycle all the leftover food to the homeless proles in my area, as I am sure that with this spate of freezing weather bearing down on upon the Northeast Gulag, any help or donations would be welcome. (they damn well better be thankful! Not just anyone gets to eat my culinary creations!)

So, anyone (meaning Inner Circle only) in my area (Northeast) is more than welcome to attend! We, of the Party must project a merry image to the rest of the World, thereby putting the World on notice, that the World of Next Tuesday has begun in earnest (maybe), and the money we spend is relative. We have the future generations of the USSA to pay for it, and anything else we wish to do!

LONG LIVE THE OBAMESSIAH!
ALL HAIL THE WORLD OF NEXT TUESDAY!

PARTY HEARTY COMRADES! WE'VE WON!!

Che Gourmet wrote:So, anyone (meaning Inner Circle only). . .
Shhhh! We aren't to mention of that place's existance!

Comrade Elliot,

Luv ya, comrade, but everyone knows there is an Inner Circle? and I was inviting the Elite among us to chow down at my dacha, should they be in the my neck of the woods.
I don't wish just any lowly, unindoctrinated prole to try to crash my party, especially on my birthday! So what were you referring to?? What place? Have you been smoking something, and not sharing, my amigo? My, my such an active mind you have, comrade.

Exactly, except the smoking something part.

I also belong to The Outer Circle.
Very exclusive.
I am the only member.
Once Yuri and Valentina dropped by to say hello, but that was a long and glorious time ago.

Should I bring some Wines Che?

A Nice Cabernet Sauvignon? Perhaps a claret?

Along with some Mad Dog 20-20 for Meow, and Nansky.

Red Star
Director of Kicking Doors at Midnight
Protector of sacred Plasma cutter
Defender of the faith

Red Star

You're more than welcome, but I haven't decided on the menu yet. Better make it a vintage champagne. I'm celebrating my.....er..um...oh wouldn't you like to know how old I'll be?

I'll give you a hint. I cheered the Miami Dolphins to their undefeated season + 2 playoff games + the Super Bowl, since.....I was 21. Oh yeah....booyeh! Love them Dolphins!

1972.....Hummmmm

VEUVE CLICQUOT LA GRANDE DAME sounds in Order!!

Congratulations My Friend..