Obama proposes humanitarian action for 91 Cuban refugees

Cuban_Political_Prisoners.jpg
President Obama detailed Tuesday a plan he'll submit to Congress to bring 91 political prisoners from Cuba to the United States. Unjustly imprisoned by an oppressive regime, the plan calls for the immediate release of 35 inmates to as-yet undetermined locations within the U.S., while the remaining 56 will be given notices to report to an immigration court for processing at a later date.

“These men have been imprisoned for 15 years, and their only crime was to disagree with the policies of the government that imprisoned them,” Obama said remarks. “It is entirely consistent with our American values that we offer them sanctuary within the borders of the United States.”

The President clarified that he has the authority to take this action with or without Congressional approval.

Image If I were to write this story, it would be about Snopes debunking a blatantly false report because Obama would never do such a thing.

Or it could be a correction to a previous reporting, saying that the author had confused Cuba's political prisoners with Gitmo detainees who are indeed going to be moved to the U.S.

Red Square wrote:Image If I were to write this story, it would be about Snopes debunking a blatantly false report because Obama would never do such a thing.

Or it could be a correction to a previous reporting, saying that the author had confused Cuba's political prisoners with Gitmo detainees who are indeed going to be moved to the U.S.
It seems that I failed, because the Cuba/Gitmo thing is what I was shooting for. On the other hand, to paraphrase the response I got when I first suggested that all y'alls write a story for me, "do it yourself." (Seriously, I have a new puppy that won't let me write for more than three seconds at a time, so take it and run with it. He's a party dog, a Siberian Husky.)

Never let a complete failure stop you from doing the same thing over and over again!

Wikipedia wrote:Out of more than 125,000 refugees, a number from as low as 7,500 to as high as 40,000 were believed to have criminal records in Cuba ...

"Obama proposes humanitarian action for 91 Cuban refugees" -- What? He's going to hand them over to cannibals?

Comrades,

I protest strenuously!¹

CC

¹- (specific reason for protest not available at this time)

When will they turn up at our beet fields so I will prep the welcoming committee?

Captain Craptek wrote:Comrades,

I protest strenuously!¹

CC

Well, just make like a hole and we'll fill you in later.

Lev Termen wrote:
Captain Craptek wrote:Comrades,

I protest strenuously!¹

CC

Well, just make like a hole and we'll fill you in later.

I can dig it.

Did somebody say "dig it"? Can I help?

Ivan wants to help dig the hole...

(Be advised: I like to stay fully hydrated while harvesting beets... so I may look a little bloated!)