Obama shows his patriotic zeal

By placing his hand over his heart during the Russian National Anthem while refusing to do the same for the American National Anthem.

And as Sarah Palin once pointed out, he "pals around" with terrorists:
I was stationed in Germany when in April 1986, Reagan bombed this creep (i.e. the one on the left). The planes came from one of our bases in the UK, and France would not let us use their precious airspace to reach Libya.

I've never forgotten that day and never will.

What a shame Obama already has.

Commissarka,

Even though I was only 13, I still remember that incident as well, just not the details. Did they fly over Germany or Spain to get where they needed to go? Why didn't they just send the planes from German air bases?

Lockerbie, 2 years later, will also be forever engraved in my memory. It still chokes me up...

If I recall correctly, the UK was the only one of our allies willing to get involved in this venture, and the aircraft had to fly the long way around the European continent, over the sea to reach Libya.

Around about that time, I remember an editorial cartoon in the Stars and Stripes newspaper that showed a bunch of people standing on a single chair, all of them cowering from a mouse on the floor who looked like Gaddafi, and the caption said simply, "Allies."

IMVHO, Mrs. Thatcher was our best friend back in those days.

I was a 'less fortunate' youth with no other choice but to join the Navy. As John Kerry pointed out, I'm probably two stoopid to doo anything else, and was in boot camp when Libya was unjustly bombed by the 'Great Satan' in the spring of '86.

I'm farther along in the march toward that great Collectivist Heaven in the Sky than most people here; Piek, you were born the year that I graduated from high school. I remember both incidents very well.

It is my understanding that all but Britain refused to let us cross their air space, and it was I think at 14-hour trip to get there, having to go out over the ocean. I am told that France didn't want to participate with such a light tap, but would have gone along with something bigger. I frankly think that that stinks. Bill Buckley asked if we could just fly over the graves of American servicemen who died fighting Europe's wars.

I don't think that Germany was in the way; the two nations making our lives difficult were France and Spain.

And now we'll get to see the European Union, lost in its own regulator and bureaucratic excess, further paralyzed. They couldn't deal with genocide on their back door, in the Balkans. They are institutionally incapable of dealing with that nut job in Iran. We have a president who would like to Monica America's enemies, but the rest of the country is not so far gone, I think. And the demographics of Europe foretell that with their declining autochthonous birth rate, their Ponzi scheme welfare states, and their fertility of the Muslims required to pay for their old-age pensions, that it will not be long until we have our revenge: Muslims painting over da Vinci's "Last Supper" and taking a hammer and chisel to Michelangelo.

If that is revenge.

Around about that time, I remember an editorial cartoon in the Stars and Stripes newspaper that showed a bunch of people standing on a single chair, all of them cowering from a mouse on the floor who looked like Gaddafi, and the caption said simply, "Allies."

The Late Lewis Grizzard's take on it was less than charitable: "France and Spain wouldn't let our planes fly over their air space to get there. Well, Spain ain't been nothin' since they got thier armada sunk, and France? Hell, France couldn't even whoop Vanderbilt!"

Indeed. My favorite though is H. L. Mencken's comment nearly a century ago: "I would trade the Parthenon for a good American bathroom."

If Americans were imperialists, Spain and France would be cleaner and have better manners.

I think every time Comrade 0bama appears, he should have a soundtrack that plays some saccharine ballad that prominently includes the word "hero," because that's what he is, just like my drill instructors used to refer to all of us before dispensing, uh, special treatment.

There is the game Guitar Hero, and we know how hard it is to play a guitar, protected by security, in front of screaming girls who would do you in an instant. That's hero. And Oliver Stone for his fearless exploration of American duplicity and evil. And Michael Moore. Not, by any means, a soldier living in the desert sands in Iraq or Afghanistan. Those people are just fools.

The true hero these days is someone who speaks truth to power, who fearlessly announces the Progressive World of Next Tuesday(tm) to knuckle-dragging conservative and Rethuglicans. Because he knows that they might not want to kiss him and share some chablis and brie.

People who tried to kill al Qaeda are just fools.

I think that we ought to create a new word: lexiconarchy: rule by the dictionary. We just define words to mean what we want and hey, presto! we win.

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:I think every time Comrade 0bama appears, he should have a soundtrack that plays some saccharine ballad that prominently includes the word "hero," because that's what he is, just like my drill instructors used to refer to all of us before dispensing, uh, special treatment.

Comrade Tovarich, may I humbly suggest the lyrics from the movie Heroes? There may not be a need to change or add a line.

Carry on Wayward Son

Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
Just to get a glimpse beyond this illusion
I was soaring ever higher
But I flew too high

Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
Though my mind could think I still was a mad man
I hear the voices when I'm dreaming
I can hear them say

Carry on my wayward son
Don't you cry no more

Masquerading as a man with a reason
My charade is the event of the season
And if I claim to be a wise man but
It surely means that I don't know

On a stormy sea of moving emotion
Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean
I set a course for winds of fortune
But I hear the voices say

Carry on my wayward son
Don't you cry no more, no

Carry on, you will always remember
Carry on, nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you

Carry on my wayward son
Don't you cry
Don't you cry no more, no more

Commissar Theocritus wrote: I think that we ought to create a new word: lexiconarchy: rule by the dictionary. We just define words to mean what we want and hey, presto! we win.

That would be perfect! Afterall, we know his O'liness' statements have expiration dates, why not meanings for words!

Commissar Theocritus wrote:Indeed. My favorite though is H. L. Mencken's comment nearly a century ago: "I would trade the Parthenon for a good American bathroom."

If Americans were imperialists, Spain and France would be cleaner and have better manners.

Also, French women would shave their armpits. Not that women in Olympia do that either...

All right, comrades, it is decided. We are all lexiconarchs now.

Just think of its successes in the past: judgmental was a good thing, indicating wisdom or at least experience. Now it's a bad thing.

Once I was prejudiced against bad people, and that was a good thing. Now prejudice of any sort is a bad thing.

Once "quality" was an attribute, a characteristic. Now it means "good."

Once "notorious" meant famous for being bad. Now it just means "famous."

One "arrogant," "solipsistic," "larcenous," and "blowhard" were bad things. Now they mean President.

Once criminal meant one who commits crimes. Now it means Congress.

Once Hillary mean mean, nasty, lying, power-mad bitch. Now it means the sanest person in the administration.

Comrade Reiuxcat,

Why, not too long ago I ordered "The Best of Kansas." It happened to be about the time we voted for Hope™ and Change™. Coincidence?

I don't think we're in America any more, Toto.

Comrades,

I just realized I exploited and oppressed workers to produce a plastic case, paper inserts, CD, and music of bygone decades all for my selfish listening pleasure by buying The Best of Kansas, only to realize Kansas is in fact bad, as explained to we correct thinkers in that enlightening prog work, What's the Matter with Kansas?. It spent 18 weeks on the NYT bestseller list, so we know it's pure unadulterated truth.

Gulag, take me away!

Once feminist meant struggling for the right to vote, now it means communist.

Once syntax and sematics were elements studied in linguistics now they are tools to subvert language.

Once gay meant happy, then it meant someone who prefers the same sex and Liberace and Rip Taylor, now it means Perez Hilton and The Rainbow Coalition.

Once The Amercan Dream meant hard work and fair play to reach success, now it means how high is your rank in the Democrat Party and how well do promote The Agenda in your work.

I don't think we're in America any more, Toto.

Can we have breakfast here anyway?