Obama Staffers in Tax Trouble Again

WASHINGTON -- The White House reacted to another minor scandal involving tax returns and staffers today. Since being sworn in January of this year, 5 Obama staffers or nominees have been discovered to have had tax return discrepancies.

In each case, the Obama appointee overpaid their taxes.

“We think the government does such great stuff with our money, we wanted to give more!” one of the embattled staffers revealed. “I've heard some of my friends saying they only wanted to keep a little of their own money for Starbucks, car payments, and donations to MoveOn.org – everything else should be used by our large and gracious governing body to use as it sees best.”

This could prove to become an epidemic within the administration, based upon the commitment to government expansion that Obama's team feels deeply.

*sigh* My dear Comrade P... Obviously I'm going to have to send you down to Platform 1 as it's evident you were released from the KMTC too soon. Taxes are for the little people. Made Progressives don't pay taxes. They don't have to. Us Commissars do as we please, and what we please is usually akin to drinking a bar dry and leaving the proles with the tab. Just as we are not willing to participate in our own health plan, we are unwilling to pay our Crap & Taxes.

You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

-COV

Taxes schmaxes. Who cares? Taxes are what <i>other</i> people pay.

And I, as a made progressive, will make damned sure that they do. My dacha depends on them. But me pay taxes? It is to laugh.

Why, Tom Daschle didn't pay his taxes. And Geithner? Well, what a cool prog he is. In charge of tax money and not paying taxes. How kewl is that? That's like putting a drunk in charge of Jack Daniel's.

[ off ]I don't have a problem with not paying one year's property taxes late; in Texas it's entirely possible, owing to the tax laws, for the statements not to get to you. But if you repeatedly don't pay them, without contesting (reasonably) that you don't owe them, and if you refuse to answer questions from people you are supposed to answer to, then that's dishonesty.

There is only one good hope though: if other states are like Texas, the penalties for not paying property taxes are so steep that any private business would be sued out of existence for usury. In June if you don't pay taxes for the last year, there is a 15% penalty, PLUS interest. Just try that if you're Citicorp.