Obama Tried To Stall GIs' Iraq Withdrawal

It's in today's New York Post

Amir Taheri wrote:WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

"However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open." Zebari says.

Though Obama claims the US presence is "illegal," he suddenly remembered that Americans troops were in Iraq within the legal framework of a UN mandate. His advice was that, rather than reach an accord with the "weakened Bush administration," Iraq should seek an extension of the UN mandate.
<br>MORE HERE >>
~
How low can the Dems go? This should be a front-page scandal in all the media, but I doubt the MSM will dwell on it. If a Republican were doing this, he'd already be disgraced and quit the race just about now. Not Obama. Barack means "blessed" in Arabic and is also the name of the flying horse with a human head that allegedly delivered prophet Mohammed to "the farthest mosque" in Jerusalem. This all sounds too much like the Left Behind series coming to life.

Yeah, how is this being played in the states? I'm deployed, and don't get the news.

When fascist dictator Ronald Reagan was said to have stopped the negotiation process with our anti-american bothers in Iran after they saved 52 workers from the evil grip of capitalism, the Ministery of Propaganda (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) correctly told the proliteriat what to think. It was done to make Jimmy Carter look bad so Reagan would win the "election." (Though while not all that difficult to do, Carter was all we had.) We all know that elections in the Soviet style are the only true elections; only one candidate and party to choose so there is no confusion!

Now, when the Obamessiah actually does this, and blatently, no one is listening to the Ministery of Propaganda when they downplay it. They are thinking for themselves! I am in state of despair. (I think is right next to Ukraine.)

Aaah, Barrack Obama certainly thinks big! Not everyone would try to throw US Army and Marines under the bus.

Image Comrade Square...what is Left behind series?

As for the twit named Barack...the more I hear about him,the more I agree with Coulter.
I'd take Hillary over this would-be messiah. Better the devil you know and all that....

H&T, I've never read them, but I worked in a bookstore a few years ago. It's a series of novels based on the premise that the rapture has happened and the remnants are living in a society ruled by the Beast.

If I were Bush I'd publicly excoriate his punk ass...broadcast a speech to the country to expose this stupid traitor for what he is...lay out everything...unfortunately there are enough dumbasses out there that they probably wouldn't care that Obama is so treacherous.

ANOTHER FEARMONGERING ROVIAN SMEAR DEBUNKED!

Obama Camp Denies He Tried to Delay Withdrawal of Troops from Iraq

A top foreign policy adviser to Obama sat in on the meetings between the candidate and Iraqi officials this summer and said no such conversations occurred, the campaign said Monday.

There you have it, in black and white! You wouldn't dare impugn the word of one of Obama's 300+ foreign policy advisers, now would you? WOULD YOU? And a TOP foreign policy adviser at that! Why, it could have been either George Clooney or even Winnie the Pooh!

This is nothing more than another desperate lie from the desperate McCain camp. This is the sort of muck they've sunk to ever since the old geezer picked La Palinazi. They know they're losing. Even Kristin over on the Inexperience thread says they're losing. They'll say anything to distract people from The Real Issues, to wit: The crimes of Palinazi.

Why, just the other day I read she tore all the tags off her mattresses and pillows.

McSame is totally desperate right now. Hell, the Daily Kos poll has Obama at 48% and McSame at 44%. Expect a landslide, Comrades. Expect a landslide.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:The crimes of Palinazi.

Why, just the other day I read she tore all the tags off her mattresses and pillows.

I also hear she abuses Nordstrum's "liberal" return policy, changing out entire outfits and shoes on a semi-annual basis. Has she NO shame???

Comrade Leader O's stalwart Servant of the People, Comrade Morigi has cleared the air

But Obama's national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said Taheri's article bore "as much resemblance to the truth as a McCain campaign commercial."

In fact, Obama had told the Iraqis that they should not rush through a "Strategic Framework Agreement" governing the future of US forces until after President George W. Bush leaves office, she said.

And just think some of those frivolous Republikkans thought O might have committed treason, when all the did was advise the Iraqis to ignore the Evil Bush.

https://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hi ... iFYsnbIl3A

Stalin for Time wrote:When fascist dictator Ronald Reagan was said to have stopped the negotiation process with our anti-american bothers in Iran after they saved 52 workers from the evil grip of capitalism, the Ministery of Propaganda (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.) correctly told the proliteriat what to think. It was done to make Jimmy Carter look bad so Reagan would win the "election." (Though while not all that difficult to do, Carter was all we had.) We all know that elections in the Soviet style are the only true elections; only one candidate and party to choose so there is no confusion!

Now, when the Obamessiah actually does this, and blatently, no one is listening to the Ministery of Propaganda when they downplay it. They are thinking for themselves! I am in state of despair. (I think is right next to Ukraine.)

Image And lest you forget, it charged that then candidate Vice President Bush Sr. flew secretly to Paris to negotiate this plan with the Iranians. till the fact he was also at some campaign events here in the US was so evident, they had to speculate that somehow this candidate was able to "borrow" an SR-71 Blackbird from Carter's Air Force, to whisk him over to Paris and back. A charge with no evidence, yet since the charge itself was deemed to be so serious, that the dems (Biden as I recall) insisted it be investigated.

Ivan Betinov wrote:H&T, I've never read them, but I worked in a bookstore a few years ago. It's a series of novels based on the premise that the rapture has happened and the remnants are living in a society ruled by the Beast.
I was having another strawberry-blonde moment. Was thinking left as in progressives,liberals....anyway,I have seen those books before. Haven't read them either.
My list of books to read is too long to accommodate anything else. I'll be dead before i get through half of the books I would like to read.

The seriousness of the charge demands an investigation.

I saw the Left Behind movie, which is much like science fiction only with a religious flavor. The main villain in it is a young and promising new UN Secretary General who enchants the media because he CARES about the poor and the hungry and proposes global economic initiatives to help the downtrodden that require the creation of the global supergovernment. He turns out to be the Satan. I liked it.

I haven't seen the spinoffs, but the original one wasn't too bad.

When was this movie made? And how on earth did it get past the Hollywood Truth Filter™?

It seems there's no outrage left undone by the liberals that can't be glossed over by the MSM. When half the country doesn't give a damn that a candidate is working against the foreign policy enacted by our elected government for his own political gain, while playing with the lives of soldiers in harm's way, we are in serious trouble as a democracy.

Red Square wrote:I saw the Left Behind movie, which is much like science fiction only with a religious flavor. The main villain in it is a young and promising new UN Secretary General who enchants the media because he CARES about the poor and the hungry and proposes global economic initiatives to help the downtrodden that require the creation of the global supergovernment. He turns out to be the Satan. I liked it.

I haven't seen the spinoffs, but the original one wasn't too bad.

The movie, the first book, was actually a most likely scenario of the second coming. The leader was not actually satan per se, he was the anti-Christ. From a Biblical perspective, he is to bring peace to the world and sign a peace pact with Israel, so a UN Secretary General would not be surprising, but then again, it could also be a president of the European Union for instance. I read all of the series. The first few books were not that bad, but beyond them, they really started getting a bit odd IMHO, and none of them are particularly well written,

You do have to love the scene where the AC, shoots all of his detractors in the UN conference room. and all the witnesses are "brain washed" into seeing him as almost being killed and the detractors killed by security guards. One can almost imagine the Chairman in that scene.

Premier Betty wrote:When was this movie made? And how on earth did it get past the Hollywood Truth Filter™?
It was never in theaters. It was an independent production that went straight to video.

Thanks, Pupovich, for stepping up. I was getting the feeling I had made it all up - because if the collective knows nothing about something, that means that thing never existed and it's a thoughtcrime to even mention it.

Going back to the topic at hand, I have met the author of the allegation, Amir Taheri, during his visit to New York last year and presented him with a red cube, knowing from our mutual friends that he reads this website occasionally. This morning he responded to Obama's denials in the New York Post, backing up his position with publications in the Iraqi and US press, Obama's interview with Gibson, and his personal conversations with Iraqi leaders. He also mentioned threats and harassment from Obama's supporters after he made his allegations. Amir is an Iranian author and political expert who speaks many languages, travels extensively, and writes freely in English, French, Persian, and Arabic. He currently lives in Paris, France.

OBAMA OBJECTS<br>BUT THE EVIDENCE SAYS I'M RIGHT

By AMIR TAHERI

According to Obama the Iraqi's are making agreements with an administration. I thought they were making agreements with the United States of America. I wish Bush would quit spinning this thing and just let Obama take credit for negotiating a good peace.

This is foolish! We should pull out! In fact, we shouldn't have gone in!

(off)
A pair of flip-flop shoes should be the democrat party's new symbol.