Obama vs. Medea: Opera Mashup Video

Intro_Obama_Medea_600.jpg
This video follows our parody of Obama's speech on counterterrorism being interrupted by Code Pink's activist Medea Benjamin on May 13, 2013.

The intro music is from Mussorgsky's Night On Bald Mountain.

The rest of the score is from Handel's opera Teseo, Act 3, Scene 5 "Sibillando, ululando, fulminate, la rival " performed by Lautten Company, conducted by Wolfgang Katschner, and starring Maria Riccarda Wesseling (mezzo-soprano) as Medea.

The credits music is from the opening of Handel's "Messiah."

We have all been waiting anxiouslyeagerly for Comrade Mr. Red Square's new production of Obama vs. Medea.

With so many elements to intertwine, it was impossible to even contemplate the direction he might choose.

Once again, he does not disappoint!

He knows the difference between an arpeggio and an archipelago.

Bravissimo, Mr. Red Square! I'm proud to know ya!

p.s. The bloody forearms on Medea are especially apt due to the killer guy in the UK. Nice touch.
A "dead ringer" comes to mind.

The bloody hands and the rest of the setup are reminiscent of the Code Pink's earlier campaign of parading empty coffins and bloody hands in their publicity stunts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDxi2di14Ps

Code_Pink_Bloody_Hands.jpg

OMG! So, so true! So heartbreaking. Sigh!

I'm not quite sure which character in the video is creepier, but I know which is more dangerous.

Who failed to tell dear leader that even if it's just the recitative, you're still supposed to sing it? The help these days. Sheesh.