Obama with his National Security Adviser, Winnie the Pooh

American Elephants
I can't think of a better metaphor for Barack Obama's foreign policy than the one proffered by his own "key foreign policy adviser" and presumptive National Security Adviser, Richard Danzig:

Richard Danzig, who served as Navy Secretary under President Clinton and is tipped to become National Security Adviser in an Obama White House, told a major foreign policy conference in Washington that the future of US strategy in the war on terrorism should follow a lesson from the pages of Winnie the Pooh, which can be shortened to: if it is causing you too much pain, try something else.

Mr Danzig told the Centre for New American Security: “Winnie the Pooh seems to me to be a fundamental text on national security.”

Obama's foreign policy? Big soft cuddly America gets the stuffing ripped out of it.

American Elephants

Greetings Comrade Pachyderm!

Welcome.

Gang!.... check out his blog link. He snagged a 96%er. Shades of Mikael. Passive/Aggressive in less than 5 minutes.

Holy Crap Batman!

I read more of the UK article and Mr. Danzig.

Absolutely no irony here in any comparison to the idea put forth by Obama's campaign and Islamofascism:

In a briefing which will inform Mr Obama's understanding of terrorists, Mr Danzig said he learnt much from recent interviews with jailed Aum Shinrikyo terrorists who released sarin nerve gas on the Tokyo underground in 1995.

He said that even people who are relatively well off and successful can feel like failures and become alientated from their societies. He said one terrorist told him: “We have been raised on a theory of superheroes. We all want to be like Luke Skywalker.

"When we're doing mundane things, we lose track of our ambition but when someone comes along, like Asahara, the head of the cult, and presents himself as a messiah and gives us a picture of progress that is ordained by heaven and that we are carrying out a saintly mission on earth that is for us extraordinarily evocative.”

Mr Danzig added: “The parallels with al Qaeda are obvious.”

Laika on the linked blog wrote:Comrade Pachyderm!

I'm impressed. First cast and you snag a passive/aggressive Dr.Spock hatchery raised Chumpy McHopeless libtard pufferfish troll.
Don't toss him back.
If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it's yours to keep. If it doesn't it was never yours. Doesn't translate well into catch and release policy... Oh well.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:I read more of the UK article and Mr. Danzig.
We all want to be like Luke Skywalker ... When we're doing mundane things, we lose track of our ambition but when someone comes along, like Asahara, the head of the cult, and presents himself as a messiah and gives us a picture of progress that is ordained by heaven and that we are carrying out a saintly mission on earth that is for us extraordinarily evocative.”

Mr Danzig added: “The parallels with al Qaeda are obvious.”

Holy Crap Batman indeed! That was the biggest snort I had in all day. Mr. Danzig could write for the Cube. He sets himself for a parody so badly! Too bad I have no time for it. It would be such a treat.

The parody could consist of a few paragraphs. Each paragraph describes something that is obvious even to a child, but in the last line offers a bizarre and clueless conclusion. The next paragraph will describe something else, with the same effect, and so on. It would make a funny sketch too, featuring a clueless politician talking to incredulous voters who lose patience and begin to correct him.

On a different note, it shows how clueless the Obama camp is about the image they create in others. They're too self-important for that. They are incapable of taking a step aside and looking at themselves with someone else's eyes. Forget irony. Are they qualified to run the country?

Mr Danzig is thinking of The Tao of Pooh where it is written:

The Tao of Pooh wrote: ... but, no matter how he may seem to others, especially to those fooled by appearances, Pooh, the Uncarved Block, is able to accomplish what he does because he is simpleminded.

As to Obama the Pooh, there is much wisdom in that there quote. My question, who is the one that puts his ideas in his little Obama the Pooh head; who is Obama the Pooh's Christopher Robin?

Good question. If you follow the money it would be George Soros. But there's probably more than just one person. Remember the five billionaires (including G.S.) who met in 2004 with the goal of engineering the defeat of President George W. Bush in the 2004 election? I mentioned this back then on the Communists For Kerry site when I trying to explain why the name of a group "Billionaires for Bush" made no sense because the real-life plutocrats were set against Bush and probably even donated money to B4B.

They failed in 2004, but they may well be working behind the scenes today supporting Obama. Soros has been surprisingly quiet lately. He must be up to something. the 2004 meeting was supposed to be secret but a leak occurred. This year they probably made sure there are no more leaks.

Why would they support liberal Democrats? The oligarchs need the government pull to survive. They thrive on government corruption. They need big government that would crush smaller and hungrier competitors and ensure effortless flow of taxpayer money into their pockets. Soros benefits from government regulations, so the more liberal the Democrats in power, the more they will regulate the economy, the more money Soros will put in the bank. So the money he spends on politics and elections is more of a long-term investment and not a starry-eyed idealistic gesture as many may think. He's peeing on your leg and tells you it's George W. Bush's fault.

New Yorker, of all sources, wrote:On August 6th, a week after the Democratic Convention, a clandestine summit meeting took place at the Aspen Institute, in Colorado's Rocky Mountains. The participants, all Democrats, were sworn to secrecy, and few of them will discuss the event. One thing that is certain, however, is that the guests formed a tableau that not many people would associate with the Democratic Party of the past. Five billionaires joined half a dozen liberal leaders in a lengthy conversation about the future of progressive politics in America. The billionaires were not especially close socially, nor were they in complete agreement about politics or strategy. Yet they shared a common goal: to use their fortunes to engineer the defeat of President George W. Bush in the 2004 election.

“No one was supposed to know about this,” an assistant to one participant told me, declining to be named. “We don't want people thinking it's a cabal, or some sort of Masonic plot!” His concern was understandable: the prospect of rich men concentrating their wealth in order to sway an American election was an inflammatory one, particularly given the Democratic Party's populist rhetoric. This private meeting of plutocrats was an unintended consequence of the McCain-Feingold campaign-finance-reform law of 2002. Previously, wealthy donors had contributed “soft money” to the political parties, which controlled how the funds were spent. The reform legislation had banned such gifts, forcing donors to find new ways of influencing the political process.

The meeting's organizer was Peter B. Lewis, the seventy-year-old reclusive chairman of the Progressive Corporation, an insurance company based in Cleveland, Ohio. He has spent much of 2004 discreetly directing millions of dollars to liberal groups allied with the Democratic Party, such as America Coming Together and MoveOn.org, while cruising the Mediterranean Sea on his two-hundred-and-fifty-foot yacht, Lone Ranger.

More here... Fascinating stuff https://www.newyorker.com/archive/2004/ ... ntPage=all

Dick Danzig was just another shining example of politicians ruining the defense department. Danzig is a career Lawyer with not one day of military service to his credit. Now "Former Secretary of the Navy" forever precedes his name, in brightly colored neon if need be. This guys is suppose to be some Grand Poo-bah of Social Studies, economic, and political theory and this incoherent babbling is the best he can come up with.

I'm glad George Washington, George Patton, the Marines at Iwo Jima, and the Rangers at Normandy, for example, didn't subscribe to Winnie the Pooh's fundamental text as outlined by Dick Danzig. If it's causing too much pain, do something else is the battle cry for the fat, spoiled, apathetic America of today. I suppose then it should be no surprise that a lazy, pot bellied bear who gorges on honey would be their mascot.

RIK

Where is that picture that Comrade Mr. Snuggle Bunny made of Winnie the Pooh Pusher?

Oh, and excellent job, Maxim - you nailed it.

Don't anyone get me started on Luke Skywalker, but in the meantime:

Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree

I rest my case.

ROFL, Maksim!

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out that Pooh is a self-described Bear of Very Little Brain.

Holy Crap Batman indeed! That was the biggest snort I had in all day. Mr. Danzig could write for the Cube. He sets himself for a parody so badly! Too bad I have no time for it. It would be such a treat.
You can't Red, and nobody else either. How can you parody something that screams total irony?

Here... let me change one personal pronoun...a name:

"When we're doing mundane things, we lose track of our ambition but when someone comes along, like Obama, the head of the cult, and presents himself as a messiah and gives us a picture of progress that is ordained by heaven and that we are carrying out a saintly mission on earth that is for us extraordinarily evocative.”

Comrade Elliott!

Minnesota eh?

How do we know you weren't sent here by the counter-revolutionary Mikael Rudolph aka "The Mime" to spy on the inner circle of The Party™.

We have seen your dossier.

Confess!

Commissar Maksim's picture from this thread, and the lead picture are now on Michelle Malkin's blog. https://michellemalkin.com/2008/06/19/t ... ollection/

American Elephant
Maksim you are hilarious! The HONEY poster is my favorite!

Michelle Malkin gave me an idea. (I initially typed simply Michelle, but then realized that there's another Michelle now, who has recently highlighted the progressive horizon).

Laika the Space Dog wrote:Comrade Elliott!
Minnesota eh?
How do we know you weren't sent here by the counter-revolutionary Mikael Rudolph aka "The Mime" to spy on the inner circle of The Party™.
We have seen your dossier.
Confess!
You have nothing to fear Laika, we here in this secret camp in the Republik have sworn ourselves to the greatness of the Party. In fact, we've made it a taboo to mention counter-revolutionist, like "The Mime", who we call " The Silent Killer of Greatness". I don't know how to prove it, but I hope in time, you will understand there is no need to worry.

Keep the Party going strong, iViva la Revolución!
Commrade_Elliott.

Oh, an both of our Pooh updates (Maksim's and mine) are already at the top of Michelle Malkin's main page. Took only about an hour to get there.
<br>see image here (Michelle's site doesn't allow hot-linking images

Red Square wrote:I love it.
Image The Silent Killer

I'm glad glorious Party leaders like yourself like my label. It doesn't fill me with pride, as this would make me unequal to fellow comrades, but this does provide equal and effective labeling to a known Reactionarys such as "The Silent Killer of Greatness".

Comrade Elliott!

We may have a mission for you!

Intercept "The Mime" at the RethugliKKKan convention before he damages The Revolution's credibility any more than he already has.
His Mimeshevik plans are hurting The Party™ and may splinter the Communist movement into many more factions.

Are you familiar with "The Mime"?

Unfortunatly, to carry out this glorious mission, I do not know of "The Silent Killer of Greatness", please teach me, I will come to your reeducation center tomorrow.

Comrades, this has been a most entertaining week. But I must protest - no doubt Pooh and Eeyore are deserving, but are not all children's book characters equal?

I demand equal time for Big Bird (Secretary of Agriculture), Yogi the Bear (Department of the Interior, from where he can kick Mr. Ranger Sir's big green a$$), Barney (Secretary of Education), Sylvester (Secretary of Labor), and Ronal McDonald (Health and Human Servcies). And a MIME and a MONKEY thrown in for good measure.

The cabinet meetings will look like a Cartoon Network convention.

General Mousey-Tongue wrote:Comrades, this has been a most entertaining week. But I must protest - no doubt Pooh and Eeyore are deserving, but are not all children's book characters equal?

I demand equal time for Big Bird (Secretary of Agriculture), Yogi the Bear (Department of the Interior, from where he can kick Mr. Ranger Sir's big green a$$), Barney (Secretary of Education), Sylvester (Secretary of Labor), and Ronal McDonald (Health and Human Servcies). And a MIME and a MONKEY thrown in for good measure.

The cabinet meetings will look like a Cartoon Network convention.

Don't forget about the other departments, like Attorney General (Harvey Birdman), Dept. of Treasury (Scrooge McDuck), Dept. of Defense (The "Republican" Space Rangers from GTA IV. Yes, they're RethugliKKKans, but like all of them, they're stupid and can be manipulated), Sec. of State (Mr. Peabody, he'd get rid of Sherman, a rethugliKKKan.)

Ronald McDonald!? ARE YOU MAD, COMRADE MOUSEY-TONGUE!?

Ronald McDonald is the face of a multinational corporation which is forcing people around the world to gorge on fried animal meat! McDonalds is killing people and you want to give Ronald a seat at the government trough!? OUTRAGE! If anything McDonalds should be heavily regulated and forced to serve only non-animal tofu products. All profits from the sale of said tofu products will instantly be considered as "obscene profits" and will be confiscated for the Common Good -- with Inner Party Members getting the lion's share, of course.

Back off, Nan...geez, you have been so edgy since Michelle got her makeover! I never said it was a good idea! My intent in suggesting the corporate icon was to make that smirking little glob of animal fat to pay for his crimes!

And NOBODY loves a good tofu better than moi! Next to mouse souffle, it is my favorite!

Comrade_Elliott wrote:Unfortunatly, to carry out this glorious mission, I do not know of "The Silent Killer of Greatness", please teach me, I will come to your reeducation center tomorrow.
Please refer to this thread to familiarize yourself with the Mime (AKA: The Silent Killer). The Mime chimes in about halfway down on page two.

//karakter off

I suggest reading the entire thread to 1.) See an example of how brilliant the Inner Circle of Party Members are, and 2.) See an example of how mentally deficient liberals can be.

Unfortunately he actually had the free time to replace all of his posts.