People's Cube Wins Ignorance-is-Bliss Blogger Award at CPAC

DISCLAIMER: This is not an actual award and so we didn't win it. Instead, we were nominated for Best Humor Blog, but were blissfully unaware of it until the event was over. And if you keep reading we'll also tell you what other things we were blissfully ignorant about.

Award_Ignorance_Is_Bliss.jpg
The 11th Annual Blogger Awards at CPAC-13, introduced by Michelle Bachmann, was almost like the right-wing blogging Oscars.

We say "almost" since at the Oscars, the nominees get to sit in the audience after they've been given a heads up. We imagine that someone tells them about the nomination over the phone, email, or postal service, Twitter, Facebook, text messaging, passenger pigeons, or a freaking singing telegram.

Not in our case. We didn't know because no one had told us.

We may have passed, once or twice, the room where the award ceremony was taking place, looking for one of many simultaneous events held at CPAC.

Our expectation was finally to meet face-to-face with bloggers we know and love, and with whom we had exchanged emails, pictures, and links in the past. It never happened. This was a missed opportunity for us and many others.

We found out about it only after we had returned home from CPAC: The People's Cube had been actually nominated for Best Humor Blog. Our comrades at IOwnTheWorld.com had been nominated too, but they had no idea either. At least they saved a lot of money by staying home.

John Hawkins at RightWingNews.com, a co-sponsor of the event, posted the results:

1) The Tea Party Blogger Of The Year (Selected by the Tea Party.net)

Presenter: Michele Bachmann
Winner: Julie Borowski

2) Best Humor Blog (Voted on by bloggers)

Presenter Scottie Hughes

I Own The World
Liberal Logic
Naked D.C.
The People's Cube
Runner-Up: DC Trawler with Jim Treacher
Winner: IMAO
And so on. See all the other categories and nominees here.

We met and spoke with John Hawkins before and after the event. He was very helpful except he never told us about the Blogger Awards. To be fair, he posted our pictures (among others) further down the same page.

CPAC_Lora_Rooster.jpg
Larissa Scott-Atbashian, Rooster, Lauren Ehrsam
Incidentally, Larissa is with the People's Cube
and it has very original swag that it gives out.
CPAC_Cube.jpg
People's Cube
Sadly, there had been an unfortunate altercation between John Hawkins and our friend Robert Spencer of JihadWatch.org, who won the People's Choice Award but refused to receive it after he was asked not to discuss the Islamic supremacist ties of Grover Norquist and Suhail Khan.

We had heard about the controversy but we didn't know that John Hawkins was involved in it. Incidentally, we wound up having food and drinks with both John and Robert - on separate occasions, of course.

Ignorance can be very disappointing, but it can also be bliss.

Simply beautiful, Comrades Square! Oh, and the award looks good too!

We hereby raise a glass of beet juice to this most joyous occasion! Салют! Да здравствует куб! Long live the Cube!!!

I like how it's sort of shaped like a shovel; otherwise it blinds me every time I look at it and I have to blink away spots for the next half hour.

But then I've often received complaints that my own shovel does the same thing. Fortunately, no one ever complains more than once.

Awards are a plot to overturn equality!

And Commissarka Pinkie is correct again. Praise Stalin I love her. prrt

Truly glorious! I am sure recognition with being coming forthwith from dear leader.......

20784-barack-obama-nobel-prize.jpg

Apparently, Dear Leader was most pleased receiving this award after it was graciously confiscated from Red Square by the airport's TSA agents.

( He said that he really didn't deserve it, but he took it anyway )

I suspect that Comrade Square may be getting a CD with a couple of Dear Leader's most recent speeches in the mail to make up for it...

Some readers were getting confused, so I updated the lead post with this:

DISCLAIMER: This is not an actual award and so we didn't win it. Instead, we were nominated for Best Humor Blog, but were blissfully unaware of it until the event was over. And if you keep reading we'll also tell you what other things we were blissfully ignorant about.

Red Square wrote:This is not an actual award and so we didn't win it.

Still, Comrade Square, it is the thought that counts, no? And we shall still drink to that.

(But we move that next time, everyone gets the award so that this kind of krap doesn't happen!!)

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:I like how it's sort of shaped like a shovel; otherwise it blinds me every time I look at it and I have to blink away spots for the next half hour.

But then I've often received complaints that my own shovel does the same thing. Fortunately, no one ever complains more than once.
Someone forgot to bring The People's diffuser. I believe an investigation is in order. Yes?

Such news is blissful, but if it is known, are we not less ignorant for it, or does it balance out? The balance would only be fair.
CPAC-Shovel2.jpg

I.M. Craptek wrote:
Commissarka Pinkie wrote:I like how it's sort of shaped like a shovel; otherwise it blinds me every time I look at it and I have to blink away spots for the next half hour.

Someone forgot to bring The People's diffuser. I believe an investigation is in order. Yes?

I think they hired the same photographer who did the Obamas' wedding and let his flash glance off the pillar behind Michelle, thus making it look as if she has a shiny silver spindle balanced on her veil, or even a flame shooting out of a blowhole in the top of her head.

Comrade Pinkie, that IS a flame shooting out the top (back) of her head. It would be more apparent if they hadn't gone and sepia'd the photo.

Barack realized it was showing and is trying to cover it with the veil before the shot goes off, but he was too late - hence the kind of "OMG - ooops!" pensive smile on his face.

Moochelle, of course, is completely unaware, not having any feeling in her head.

Comrade ROCK - This is the same explanation I would have provided for the wedding picture if I'd thought of it first. Equal Thoughts For All™ is my motto.

Comrade; I'll see your marshmallows and raise you a klingon. :)

21231730n2FXTEDv.gif