People's Republic of Koffee

Comrades, I just wanted to share with you the name of a glorious shop where you can enjoy your coffee in an excellent progressive revolutionary Communist atmosphere. It is called the People's Republic of Koffee. Here are some pictures:

protest_0099.jpg

protest_0101.jpg

As Comrade Lenin says, the Americano is quite delicious.

protest_0100.jpg

I'm not making this stuff up. This really exists, in Seattle. I wonder if the owners see the irony in operating a for-profit capitalist business that advocates communism. Probably not.

This is why I do not live in Seattle. Perhaps the owner/exploiter commutes in daily from Canada to get a frisson of semi-capitalist decadence before returning to a real workers' utopia.

Since the owner is possibly a fan of liberation theology and certainly of revolutions (that happen somewhere else to people who deserve it), please ask him or her to start offering Contra Café: real coffee from real revolutionaries. Play up the "contra" part and you could surely convince the proprietor that Contra Café is actually anti-capitalist (diabolical laughter at the thought of greed developing and capital accumulating).

Go in there with like-minded Comrades and demand a free cup of coffee. Tell them you can't afford a cup due to the terrible Bush-induced economic downturn and that your $13 Obama stimulus check has yet to arrive. I don't think they could actually refuse you -- not if they're true-blue Communist sympathizers. If they do refuse you, however, be sure to tape it and post it accordingly on The People's Cube (we must hold faux Communist accountable for their crimes against the People!).

Comrades, next time I am in Seattle, I will visit this fascinating place, take pictures and report back!

I went a-googlin' and found this:

http://www.myspace.com/prokoffee

It included a link to a People's Republic of Komedy:
<br>http://www.myspace.com/laffhole

. . . which describes itself as an "alternative stand-up comedy show." Just seeing "alternative" and "comedy" in the same sentence causes discomfort on the left side of my brain, a sure sign they don't go together.

What an enticing place for a cup of hot java. I do hope they have some snacks for the poor working class masses, as they take a little break from being exploited for all they are worth by the corporate thugs.
I have just the snack ticket and best of all it's free!!!! Courtesy of Obamanomics.

Nothing says a "little lovin from Obama's oven" then this stuff.

I think I know what brand they serve...

Red Square wrote:Image
When a commissar knocks on your door at 3:00 in the morning and youneed to get ready for a long boxcar trip to Siberia, nothing will wakeyou up better than a hot cup of strong Marxism Coffee!

- https://thepeoplescube.com/red/viewtopic.php?t=672

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:I went a-googlin' and found this:

http://www.myspace.com/prokoffee

It included a link to a People's Republic of Komedy:
<br>http://www.myspace.com/laffhole

. . . which describes itself as an "alternative stand-up comedy show." Just seeing "alternative" and "comedy" in the same sentence causes discomfort on the left side of my brain, a sure sign they don't go together.

Fortunately Kommissarka, this up and coming Marxist koffee tsar is a bi agnostic as approved by the party.

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:Go in there with like-minded Comrades and demand a free cup of coffee. Tell them you can't afford a cup due to the terrible Bush-induced economic downturn and that your $13 Obama stimulus check has yet to arrive.

Esteemed Chairman, as you know, there is no one more excited by the glorious programs being put forth by the Obama, nor is there any one more willing to collecting and distributing wealth than I with perhaps you as the only exception. However Chairman, I find that I must figure out a way to avoid collecting on the $13 stimulus check. You do understand that this contribution will be counted in as income for the next year? This is not a tax cut, only an adjustment of the already far too generous payroll deduction. This money will now be yours to invest or spend till the next gathering of income. I prefer of course for the government to use my money for that time as they are wiser than I.

This can't be a true "people's republic" of koffee. If it were, there would be no electricity and the line for coffee would stretch around the block, each comrade waiting patiently for their turn to be told by snarling, angry comrade employees to "Get the eff out of here, there's no effing coffee today!" Now, THAT's a true people's republic!

Well, crud. You have to have an account to post a comment there. Otherwise, Opiate, I double-dog dare you to tell that guy what you just said here.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Well, crud. You have to have an account to post a comment there. Otherwise, Opiate, I double-dog dare you to tell that guy what you just said here.

You need a MySpace account. I created one but it still wouldn't let me comment because...

peoples republic of koffee
Error: You must be someone's friend to make comments about them.

So, in the world of MySpace, only a friend can tell you you're an idiot. Makes sense.

Only a friend can tell you you're an idiot.
War is peace.
Hate is love.
Deficit is bailout.
ACORN is community organization.
Congress is voice of the people.
And so forth.

Seattle comrades, I envy you. It looks like such a nice place where one could say, "nothing for me today comrade" and sit down with a thermos and spend the day chatting with passersby about the evils of capitalism. I hope it is still open next time I go to Secattle, but my guess is that someone from the evil landlord class will oppress it on the first of the month.

(off)

First off, this doesn't surprise me someone would open a place like this up.
Second, there is an actual "Shit Creek" so something like this coffee shop is plausable
Image Third, I doubt they do see the irony of advocating communism when they must thrive off of capitalism.

Fourth, does all the coffee taste the same, so it's equal?

Fifth, if the coffee tastes equal, does it have that usual communist flavor of crap?

Sixth, do any of the customers see the irony of advocating communism when the business must thrive on capitalism?

Seventh, if the customer does see the irony, why are they buying stuff there, wouldn't buying something there be a capitalist practice?

Eighth, Are all the prices on the coffee the same?

Nineth, Does the public of Seattle see the irony of advocating communism when the business must thrive on capitalism?

Tenth (and last), does the People's Republic of Koffee understand nothing would change for them if communism was implicated?