People's Tetris

I was playing regular Tetris today, and realized that for a game that came out of the former USSR, it is not very progressive. There are several different shapes, they can be rotated several ways, and all pieces fall randomly, requiring thought, speed and effort to stack them in the most efficient manner. A person can actually lose this game, and one comrade may be able to play it better than another. Most unfair!

I propose People's Tetris(TM) which will consist solely of a red square falling in a playing field wide enough to accomodate a single red square. Thus you continue to stack one on top of the other, and have no room to place them in any other place. Truly a noble and glorious Game For The Masses(TM)!

Obamissar 7.62,
While you can lose in regular Tetris, you can not win, as such, everyone loses, therefore, no one is greater, everyone is equal.

Remember the comment on the top of the comment box in "People's competition" section.

Add your winning entry (if you win, everyone loses, is that what you want as a collective?)

Ahh Commissar I must have some reeducation. It is true, you cannot "win" at regular Tetris, but some may score higher than others, thus making an unfair competition, as all gameplay is not equal among all people.

Obamissar 7.62 wrote:Ahh Commissar I must have some reeducation. It is true, you cannot "win" at regular Tetris, but some may score higher than others, thus making an unfair competition, as all gameplay is not equal among all people.
Fair enough, I can see where you are coming from Obamissar 7.62. Hmm. . . perhaps we should implement the People's Tetris for fairness. Just remember to remove the score, because if it's all Red Squares, they can rack up points all the time, but people will quit at different times, creating unequal scores.