PERFECT Judge for Obama: In My Neck of the Woods....

Doug Clark: Earls may be perfect judge for Obama

Sometimes we focus too heavily on National Party issues and are not privy to the events of the smaller co-ops that make up the glorious collective. For your re-educational pleasure, I would like to share a glowing journalistic achievement and proof that all Southerners do not cling to guns and God, but add "G" men to that list (rather, "G" women as the article will explain). How wonderful that the South is a progressive force to be reckoned with!

[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]When President Barack Obama nominates a new federal judge for the Middle District of North Carolina, he can choose between two women with very different professional backgrounds.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Note the phrase, "two women." Comrade Clark continues...
~
The first is Catherine Eagles of Greensboro, Guilford County's seniorresident Superior Court judge. Appointed to the bench by Gov. Jim Huntin 1993, she has been elected three times since then....[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]Eagles, 50, earned her law degree at George Washington University and is regarded in local legal circles as very smart and an important member of the N.C. Conference of Superior Court Judges.[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]
[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]Hagan did recommend Eagles to the White House this month, but only as one of three candidates. Obama requested three names for all federal openings subject to presidential appointment. Furthermore, Hagan relied on the advice of a screening committee headed by former N.C. Supreme Court Chief Justice Burley Mitchell.[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]
[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]Which puts Eagles essentially in competition with Edwin G. Wilson Jr., senior resident Superior Court judge in Rockingham County, and Anita Earls, executive director of the Southern Coalition for Social Justice in Durham.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I ask you fellow Party members, which of the "two women" does the third candidate, MR. Edwin G. Wilson, Jr. represent? Ah, silly me; here is an explanation...odd man out!

[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]I'm predicting that Wilson is the odd man out. Women are under-represented on the federal bench, especially in North Carolina. Besides, Wilson has less judicial experience than Eagles and lacks the other factors that might make Earls the favorite.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Why is Ms. Earl infinitely more qualified you ask?

[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]She was a deputy assistant attorney general in the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice from 1998-2000, when current U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder was deputy attorney general.[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]
[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]Furthermore, Earls was a very early supporter of Obama's presidential campaign. "I signed up the day he announced," she told me Monday. She was an Obama delegate at last year's Democratic National Convention.[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]
[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#d8d8d8]There's also a personal similarity. Earls comes from "a mixed-race family," she said. Her father was black, her mother white, and she considers herself African American.[/HIGHLIGHT]

I am so happy that there are those who know what is best for us. And, that race is no longer an issue in our progressive society.

[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]Eagles, who is white, said, "I trust the president to make the right decision."[/HIGHLIGHT]
(Emphasis mine...forgive me.)

But the unbiased truth-seeker goes on to explain why Eagles' accomplishments carry no weight in our new, egalitarian society:

[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]"I certainly know how to preside over a jury trial. I've done hundreds," she said.[/HIGHLIGHT]
[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]Earls hasn't, but she has argued many cases in federal court as a litigator, she said, even at the appellate level in three different circuits.
[/HIGHLIGHT]

[HIGHLIGHT=#bfbfbf]Her experience in criminal cases is limited, but she has "a very personal reason for caring about" criminal-justice issues, she told me: Her brother was a murder victim. A suspect was arrested but never prosecuted, Earls said.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Yes dear comrades, your experiences and emotions will serve The Party™ well!!

The whole uplifting story:

Greensboro News and Record: Earls may be perfect judge for Obama

How fortunate you are Comrade Room 101 not to have issues of race, class, and gender in your neck of the woods. Because we all know the trifecta is a problem with Rethuglicans not Demorats...

I am also sure Most High Commissar Obama will make the right decision. He is post-partisan so the fact that someone supported his campaign means nothing to him. He is post-racial so someone's race, color, creed or nationality plays no part in his selection of Supreme or lower court nominees. And, he is beyond the old outmoded way of thinking which believes experience has value in the real world. I am certain his pick for this judgeship will be as good as all his other personnel decisions (vice-president, treasury secretary, etc, etc.)