Political Reality

With new elections ahead (eventually) we need to get serious about evaluating who we send to congress. We all know how well it has worked so far.

senator.jpg

This just reinforces the old adage, you can't look after anybody else until you look after yourself. To put it in a nutshell, me first!

General Confusion wrote:To put it in a nutshell, me first!
And equally so!!

We are all first! Because we are all special, in our own collectivist way!

If elected I will not serve. If chosen I will ask why! (umm, this does not sound like I remember it....)

I would be a glorious choice because I am the perfect Progressive - looking out for me and mine and spending OPM's as I so needed. This has worked for well for decades and I see no reason to change.

I promise if elected, I will give you dis, dat, and de udder ting!
(and there was much rejoicing!)

Comrade Menace, you have almost convinced me! I have always longed for an udder ring (although, I am not sure what I would do with such, but it sounds exciting)

Judge Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:Comrade Menace, you have almost convinced me! I have always longed for an udder ring (although, I am not sure what I would do with such, but it sounds exciting)

I can't be certain, but this almost reads as an udder riddle.

Huckleberry Commons Thyme wrote:
Judge Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:Comrade Menace, you have almost convinced me! I have always longed for an udder ring (although, I am not sure what I would do with such, but it sounds exciting)

I can't be certain, but this almost reads as an udder riddle.

Udderly ridiculous!

Red Menace wrote:I promise if elected, I will give you dis, dat, and de udder ting!
(and there was much rejoicing!)

But Mr. Menace, will you buy me a car? I need a car!

Compromise is the key to making government work! Never give away your principles when you can sell them for personal gain.

Opiate of the People wrote:Compromise is the key to making government work! Never give away your principles when you can sell them for personal gain.
Hey, I was just in elementary school when I learned that! Except no one wanted to buy the principal...