Poor Me - Why Can't I Just Be Happy?

Poor Me.jpg

Oh, look! Another artificial crisis in the making. Innocent young girl wanders the streets of NYC amidst hate spewing, cat-calling, vicious male oppressors. Good thing Rob Bliss Creative happened to be passing at just the right moment to catch the action on a 10 hour video. I'm sure Rob donated the video to this poor waif - likely she's dead broke anyway.

And thank goodness Slate was kind enough to express an interest and feature the "story" on their non-partisan, public interest Website. I wonder if Slate will be thanking Rob Bliss for this wonderful human interest story? I certainly hope so!

Is Anyer Marx from New York City... perhaps he was just visiting.

anyer-marx-in-new-york-city.jpg

Someone else always has a better pickup line. Dammit.

Red Square wrote:But what about what it's like for white men? To their credit, Slate also posted this video from Funny or Die:

Sure, Street Harassment Is a Problem. But What About What It's Like for White Men?

Slate contributor Aisha Harris says;

"... I look forward to seeing someone perform a real experiment with a man, so we can truly see how wildly different the experiences of men and women are."
Yes, Aisha, their experiences are quite different. Rather than suffering the humiliation of cat-calling and suggestive offers, men are more likely to be clubbed over the head and dragged into the nearest alley where they are beaten and robbed.

Another Slate writer, Hanna Rosin, pointed out the original video had a serious flaw - it didn't mention that Bliss (the producer) was - hold onto your hat - "race blind!" All in all though, she grudgingly admitted, "Activism is never perfectly executed."

Hanna concluded that;

"The men who are sitting in their offices or in cafes watching this video will instead be able to comfortably assure themselves that they don't have time to sit on hydrants in the middle of the day and can't properly pronounce “mami.” [highlight=#FFFF00]They might do things to women that are worse than catcalling, but this is not their sin."[/highlight]
You have to admit...at least Hanna is approaching this with an open, fair, and impartial mind.

Comrade Putout wrote:.
Is Anyer Marx from New York City... perhaps he was just visiting.

anyer-marx-in-new-york-city.jpg

You see how they do things? They completely left off the parts where I'm participating! I remember her walking past and I'm the one who yelled out " Hey Beautiful, do you vote here often? Baby, I hope you're a Liberal, 'cause my heart's bleeding for you!...".

But does that get depicted? Nope.

He shoots... he scores!!

...almost!

tovarichi-scores.jpg

Here's a blast from the past, Comrades!

Many of you are in it, including me, Comrade Putout, Father Prog Theocritus, Red Square and my sweetie, Comrade Tovarich.

Seems timely to post. Here ya go!

Progressive Pickup Lines for Dirty Old Lettermen

https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/progressive-pickups-lines-for-dirty-old-lettermen-t5336.html