Pro-Climate Forces on the Offensive......

POLL: Which tactic will be most effective against our enemy?

You may select 1 option

Brave, determined, and cold.....

y221430836337030.jpg
.....our very sane green comrades

Great news from the Battle Front.... A newly formed communist brigade known only as "The C.C.C. Greens", have successfully infiltrated one of America's most prominent Cities, Cambridge, Mass. They have many battle objectives, but firstly, there are looking to take action against the horrific onslaught of capitalism-induced man-made global warming. The Cambridge Climate Congress is on the attack!

Going green will not be optional in Cambridge, Mass., if the Cambridge Climate Congress has its way. It will be mandatory. There will be congestion pricing to reduce car travel. Curbside parking will be eliminated. There will be a carbon tax "of some kind," not to mention taxes on plastic and paper bags. And the Massachusetts city, home of Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, will advocate vegetarianism and veganism, complete with "Meatless or Vegan Mondays." Those are just some of the proposals put forth by the Congress, which was created in May 2009 to respond to the "climate emergency" plaguing Cambridge

I like how they use the words "mandatory" and "climate emergency" and "Vegan Mondays", it shows that our green comrades in Cambridge mean business.

"This emergency is created by the growth of local greenhouse gas emissions despite the urgent warnings of climate scientists that substantial reductions are needed in order to reduce the risk of disastrous changes to our climate," the Climate Congress reported in proposals issued on Jan. 23. "This proposal is made in the belief that an effective local response is, if anything, made more urgent by so far inadequate global agreements and federal policies for emissions reductions. It is made in the belief that our City should lead by example."

Of course, they do have some progressive proposals to cleanse the Cambridge residents of their capitalist ways.....
The Congress recommends the following proposals for immediate attention in 2010:
1. Establish annual GHG emissions goals and improved annual measurements to track progress toward these goals.
3. Develop an adaptation plan.
10/11. Initiate a community awareness and action campaign.
29. Develop a proposal to create municipal jobs that address the climate emergency (i.e. "green jobs").

See, Obama was right, "green jobs" are the future, and only more government spending can get us there you stupid t-baggers! Well, here is a true patriot with his take on the green's offensive in Cambridge.

"That is a place where you might make a difference," said Rood, who writes a blog for Weather Underground. He also praised the city's proposal to advocate vegetarianism and veganism. "From a climate point of view, eating less meat would have a climate impact," said Rood, citing increased deforestation, methane production, fertilizer use and greenhouse gases associated with maintaining that land. "Eating less meat is for the environment in many ways. Regarding the possibility of a carbon tax, Rood, who supports such a move on a national level, said the impact on a city level would be "fairly small." The real positive effect, he said, would be if the plan caught on in other cities if successful.
"In general, if you look at how policy develops, it often starts on regional and local scales and then advances forward," he said. "Cambridge is full of really smart people, so you know, it has the potential."

Yes, hopefully we are able to advance the "really smart" green movement forward after our comrades win at the Battle of Cambridge. A new revolutionary war has begun, rejoice!

Comrade F.A.R.C.,

Excellent post.

Below is a new post I prepared, but when I discovered that your post was of the same theme, I decided to tack it on to your post.*

Green Gestapo Thrives in People's Republic of Boulder

Inspired by an article in the Wall Street Journal dated 2/13/10 entitled: "Even Boulder Finds It Isn't Easy Going Green"

Comrades, we are moving forward towards the Progressive World of Next Tuesday at lightening speed in The People's Republic of Boulder, Colorado. Fifteen Green Shirt Teams are about to go door-to-door, asking home and business owners for permission to enter and caulk windows, change light bulbs, install low-flow showerheads and programmable thermostats.

You see, not enough citizens volunteered to have the Green Gestapo audit their homes to determine any wasteful energy usage (only 750 in a city of 100,000), so now the city of Boulder has taken to sending their Green Shirt teams out in full force to knock on doors.

Don't you wish you lived in the most progressive People's Republic of Boulder to welcome a Green Gestapo team into your home to change your light bulbs, and take out that water gushing showerhead you now use that makes you feel guilty every time you take a shower?

Curiously, the city that considers itself one of the most progressive in all of progdom has increased its energy usage to 27% since the 1990's compared to the national average of 15%. A clue to why this may be was demonstrated in a Boulder college classroom when a professor asked his students to lay out all of their electronic gadgets upon their desks. Among 17 students there were 42 various gadgets, including cell phones, iPods, and laptops.

One very bold and progressive citizen, a Mr. "Jeff Hohensee, a sustainability consultant invested $125,000 in home-energy upgrades--thought with rebates, his cost was $35,000--so his home uses only as much energy as solar panels on his roof produce" wants to ratchet up the Green Gestapo power and progress with a guilt inducing plan. " . . . he suggests the city measure every home's carbon footprint and publicize the results."

"City officials aren't willing to go that far. But they are hoping to leverage peer pressure. They plan to post congratulatory signs outside homes that have let the" Green Gestapo in to change the light bulbs.

Again, don't you wish you lived in Boulder so that after the Green Gestapo came to your house, the city would post a sign outside of your home telling your neighbors what a good citizen you are?

In my opinion, The People's Republic of Boulder has not gone far enough. They rely on coal, and you know how much we hate coal. I say, the city will not truly be green until any coal production that supplies the city is completely eradicated.

But I still must congratulate the People's Republic of Boulder for putting together those fifteen Green Gestapo team.

*Attention New Comrades: to see why I tacked it onto Comrade F.A.R.C.'s post instead of starting a new post and cluttering up the Cube blog with yet another redundant post Click Here

Comrade Leninka, great dispatch, it's encouraging to see more green forces on the move, and initiating the fight. Do not wait for the enemy to strike, attack and be brutal without provacation. Thanks for the great update from Colorado!

/groupthink off

I'd love to meet the 750 households full of mush-brains who VOLUNTARILY signed up for this invasive government-over-reach insanity. Probably all own a prius, and most likely, 75% of them are hardcore vegans. Seriously, I'm scared to even think about trying to get into the head of someone with that much self-loathing. Well, that's what parody, mock and sarcasm are for. Thankfully the CUBE does exist.....

It's frightening. Not simply because AGW theory is flawed or that every day there are new revelations such that even the very raw data used, let alone the climate model assumptions, are in doubt.

What's frightening to me isn't so much the wackos of the Left - there have always been people with smoke coming out of their ears that want to use the government for their own hobby horse. But in times past most people in the United States understood that on the one hand there is free society going about it's business and then on the other hand there is government whose function is to preserve and protect that free society. The important thing is free society - otherwise known as civilization.

No one is standing up in a principled fashion and saying: even if there is such a thing as AGW caused by CO2 the government cannot stand it's purpose on it's head and destroy free society in order to preserve it; this will bring about the very tyranny which the Enlightenment fought and defeated, and can only in the end destroy civilization itself. If we are to maintain a free society and pass a civilized world on to our children and grand-children then the believers in AGW have every right to do their best to convince the minds of free people of their belief and free people, as individuals, can do as they think right. But to use the government to circumvent the judgment of free men and to force their hobby horse on the rest of us is to destroy the purpose of the government of a free country and open a Pandora's box of destruction.

It isn't simply that AGW is bad science - it's the collectivist view that has been accepted by so many that as a nation or as a community we direct our laws and our energies to purposes that transcend freedom that frightens me. Because people that have accepted that idea have never understood what America stands for or what the American Dream is and there are now so many that fall into that camp.

/rant

Is it not amusing to see Global Warming protestors garbed in gloves, mittens, stocking caps, wooly mufflers, and poofy down jackets? Apparently we can take our denial of increasingly cold weather only so far!

If those mittens have any polyester in them, then wearing them should be made illegal, because they are a by product of evil capitalist oil companies, but, of course, if they are the complete by product from beginning to end of government subsidized ethanol, then that makes them okay.

Again, don't you wish you lived in Boulder so that after the Green Gestapo came to your house, the city would post a sign outside of your home telling your neighbors what a good citizen you are?

My Dear Leninka, I deeply desire that the Green Gestapo would come and knock on my door. I dream of the GG showing up on my government-issued front porch.

After all, the buzzards are getting hungry.

Well, I don't see a problem with the buzzards. You can't underestimate the importance of buzzards in the greater eco-system. The fertilizer they make with their droppings are inestimable. At the very least, they are as important as the droppings of roaches.

And, the Boulder Green Gestapo teams really ought to be expendable anyway. Really, Boulderites, above all people should understand this. The fewer people there are, the less carbon dioxide is exhaled into the air, and as a result, we'll have a cleaner planet. It's a win-win situation all the way around.

$.$. Halliburton wrote:It's frightening. Not simply because AGW theory is flawed or that every day there are new revelations such that even the very raw data used, let alone the climate model assumptions, are in doubt.

What's frightening to me isn't so much the wackos of the Left - there have always been people with smoke coming out of their ears that want to use the government for their own hobby horse. But in times past most people in the United States understood that on the one hand there is free society going about it's business and then on the other hand there is government whose function is to preserve and protect that free society. The important thing is free society - otherwise known as civilization.

No one is standing up in a principled fashion and saying: even if there is such a thing as AGW caused by CO2 the government cannot stand it's purpose on it's head and destroy free society in order to preserve it; this will bring about the very tyranny which the Enlightenment fought and defeated, and can only in the end destroy civilization itself. If we are to maintain a free society and pass a civilized world on to our children and grand-children then the believers in AGW have every right to do their best to convince the minds of free people of their belief and free people, as individuals, can do as they think right. But to use the government to circumvent the judgment of free men and to force their hobby horse on the rest of us is to destroy the purpose of the government of a free country and open a Pandora's box of destruction.

It isn't simply that AGW is bad science - it's the collectivist view that has been accepted by so many that as a nation or as a community we direct our laws and our energies to purposes that transcend freedom that frightens me. Because people that have accepted that idea have never understood what America stands for or what the American Dream is and there are now so many that fall into that camp.

/rant
To put my response simply, remember the quote on the main page by Ayn Rand, the one about the uncontested absurdities.

As Ronald the Great put it too, "Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty."

What I'd like to do is actually sit down and talk with the ring leader of this band of morons and ask him, or her, "Is this really what you want?" In a very serious tone, because I'd be willing to throw the dice (bet) at the whole "save the planet" portion is not what they want. They simply have a hubris which was damaged at some point in his/her life, because someone has what they don't.

As Richard Cheney put it, "It's easy to take liberty for granted when you've never had it taken from you."

"The uncontested absurdities of today will become the slogans of tomorrow."

I voted for vegan Mondays because I love the taste of roasted vegans.

Love the Avatar, Comrade Margaret. I see a little red cube on the cover of the book, and the little boy has such a cute little red scarf - just lovely.

As for climate change -- climate change or no climate change, we must continually work to prove that the American way of life is ruining the planet, and we must make sure that no one else on the planet will ever make the same mistake. And then we will all live happily ever after just like this Brazilian Yanomamo Indian boy, whose people were completely untouched until evil whitey came along to take his picture.

Margaret wrote:I voted for vegan Mondays because I love the taste of roasted vegans.
There's nothing to them though! You are just eating slim pickings of some muscles here and there, but otherwise, it's all just crap.

Today in the Glorious Voice of the Enlightened Movement to Save the Planet from the Unwashed masses of (gasp) Individuals, the fine beacon of Truth from the Great City in the East published a statement from the Climate Oracle known as GORE.

Luckily I was able to absorb the wisdom from said Oracle, and ignore the subversive information that is daily injected into my mind from the uncontrolled technology of the ignorant ones. (and my thermometer)

I urge all to pay homage to the Oracle and read his correction to any doubts you may have of the State of Reality®.