Prog Off: Phil Collins Still Rocks!

Dearest Comrades,

In the context of what we are witnessing today in Nanski's attempt to extort the Senate so she can “have it her way” and nullify the vote of the American People, I have this to say.

I posted this way back in 2008. I am posting this update because it is even more powerful and, I believe, expresses the sentiments of even more Patriots today. If you don't have killer speakers, do indulge yourself in earphones. It will, indeed, move you.

Here is Phil Collins stating the obvious:

I would also like to include our darling Michael McDonald in his sweet “There's a Light” here:

I know, it's very emotional and heartfelt. But, it's also TRUE!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all. If you're atheist - tough, we'll celebrate any way we care to.

And now for your listening pleasure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJCSR4 ... BY&index=2

I loved Genesis since Nursery Cryme - their first album with Phil Collins. It still sounds awesome if you ditch all the experimental instrumentals that didn't age well (that's about 50% of the music) and leave just the songs.

81MtS6iAPXL._SS500_.jpg

Here's a playlist of the entire album, song by song. Peter Gabriel is the vocalist, but I could never tell his voice or manner from that of Phil Collins. I found that funny, considering that I never even liked either of the voices, I just loved their music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxUdBh ... f_Zh2u2oe4

My favorite of their albums was Seconds Out. Squonk, The Carpet Crawl, Dance on a Volacano, Los Endos, but most especially Afterglow are all songs I still listen to.

Wonderful 1970's memories.

When Arturia a few years ago put out their Synclavier V emulation Tony Banks came to the forum and shared several of his Genesis presets with us synth addicts. Very cool.

Peter Gabriel complements Phil Collins in the YouTube comments:

[OFF]

Videos in original posts removed to limit space used.

Pamalinsky wrote:Dearest Comrades,

In the context of what we are witnessing today in Nanski's attempt to extort the Senate so she can “have it her way” and nullify the vote of the American People, I have this to say.

I posted this way back in 2008. I am posting this update because it is even more powerful and, I believe, expresses the sentiments of even more Patriots today. If you don't have killer speakers, do indulge yourself in earphones. It will, indeed, move you.

Here is Phil Collins stating the obvious:

I would also like to include our darling Michael McDonald in his sweet “There's a Light” here:

I know, it's very emotional and heartfelt. But, it's also TRUE!

Your Doobies selection reminded me of this number from one of the best films of all time:

Red Square wrote:I loved Genesis since Nursery Cryme - their first album with Phil Collins. It still sounds awesome if you ditch all the experimental instrumentals that didn't age well (that's about 50% of the music) and leave just the songs.

81MtS6iAPXL._SS500_.jpg

Here's a playlist of the entire album, song by song. Peter Gabriel is the vocalist, but I could never tell his voice or manner from that of Phil Collins. I found that funny, considering that I never even liked either of the voices, I just loved their music.

Komrade Premier, I never really got into Genesis, mainly because they were never on my radar. I'll have to check them out more.

I like this track, it sounds like a Led-Zeppier Pink Floyd with a bit of house music and baroque pop mixed in.

Also, what the hell are you talking about, experimental instrumentals are the BEST part of prog rock!

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all. If you're atheist - tough, we'll celebrate any way we care to.

Ellsworth, I used to be an atheist, now a deist.

Most atheists celebrate christmas like everybody else. Minus the church and god stuff, of course.

Some of them celebrate Festivus. I still do, because I'm a die-hard Seinfeld fan.

The rest, the ones who get on national news (AKA government propaganda) and complain about christmas stuff, are a bunch of showboating jackasses. Don't pay attention to them, it just motivates them more.

All of this being said, at least post the Christmas Vacation version of Mele Kalikimaka! This Musgraves interpetation doesn't have the lush orchestration of Bing's interpretation.

Also, let me go on the record and state that Christmas Vacation beats the pants off of most other "traditional" christmas movies. Mainly because of its' honestly. Instead of showing some sappy romantic family christmas, Christmas Vacation shows christmas as it really is - a time when you have to tolerate, to the absolute best of your ability, family that you don't like, family that you don't want to see, and the collapse of plans and dreams you made months in advance. And you're nuts if you don't believe there is at least a little, if not a lot of Clark Griswold inside everybody.

As for your second selection. No. Just no. And yes, it's not the song, it's me. A rash of these types of a capella videos came out about 10 years ago and I've had enough of them and the a capella genre for the rest of my life. But as long as you like it, that's what matters!

As long as we are posting videos, here is one that fits right in with the progressive orthodoxy:

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all. If you're atheist - tough, we'll celebrate any way we care to.

What else ya got but "green and bright?

"Stupid lyric. Incomprehensible."

Pamalinsky wrote:

What else ya got but "green and bright?

"Stupid lyric. Incomprehensible."

Well Merry Kwanazaa to you too!

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

[highlight=#ffff00]What else ya got but "green and bright?

"Stupid lyric. Incomprehensible.[/highlight]"

Well Merry Kwanazaa to you too!

Comrade Toohey,

That comment of mine was wrong on so many levels! I apologize profusely. I actually liked your submissions, especially the second one. I think I was trying to be a nasty Prog™ in contrast to your pleasant videos and it came off badly. Too much eggnog I guess. Sorry.

Merry Kwanzaa to you too!

Pamski

Red Square wrote:I loved Genesis since Nursery Cryme - their first album with Phil Collins. It still sounds awesome if you ditch all the experimental instrumentals that didn't age well (that's about 50% of the music) and leave just the songs.

81MtS6iAPXL._SS500_.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxUdBh ... f_Zh2u2oe4

Me too, Comrade Red,

I was never a fan of Phil Collins until I heard this moving drum soliloquy, including his voice, and I was hooked, at least for this number.

I do like Peter Gabiel's "Slegehammer" regarding the babe who insisted she needed $3,000 for her birth control per month. She asked for it!

Just sayin'.

Yeah, they do sound the same as each other.

Margaret wrote:My favorite of their albums was Seconds Out. Squonk, The Carpet Crawl, Dance on a Volacano, Los Endos, but most especially Afterglow are all songs I still listen to.

Wonderful 1970's memories.

When Arturia a few years ago put out their Synclavier V emulation Tony Banks came to the forum and shared several of his Genesis presets with us synth addicts. Very cool.

Peter Gabriel complements Phil Collins in the YouTube comments:

Wonderful posts!

“You gotta get in to get out.”

Well, to me, this brings up the idea that one must confront any difficulty, call it what it is, and act accordingly. Otherwise you won't get out. If you do confront, you will.

In other words,

“Ya gotta go through it, to get to it.”

Ah, the way of the world.

[OFF]

Pammy, I heard this other Phil Collins masterpiece on the radio a couple days ago. I think it is a much more descriptive and fitting song for us patriots of today than "In the Air Tonight".

If you don't have killer speakers, do indulge yourself in earphones. It will, indeed, move you.

Better yet, do what I did years ago - invest in a pair of Sennheiser headphones with the 1/8th inch plug. Add a properly eq'd Winamp, a great sound card, and some ogg vorbis or flac audio files, and you have the only computer setup comparable to a Technics table with an electron tube amp and a properly phased speaker bank calculated and set up for the room it's in. Note that I said computer setup, if you set a tape deck up right, store the tapes right, and keep the head clean and belts, rollers, and capstans in good condition, it sounds exactly like vinyl. Exactly. But I'm sure you knew that.

Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Better yet, do what I did years ago - invest in a pair of Sennheiser headphones with the 1/8th inch plug. Add a properly eq'd Winamp, a great sound card, and some ogg vorbis or flac audio files, and you have the only computer setup comparable to a Technics table with an electron tube amp and a properly phased speaker bank calculated and set up for the room it's in. Note that I said computer setup, if you set a tape deck up right, store the tapes right, and keep the head clean and belts, rollers, and capstans in good condition, it sounds exactly like vinyl. Exactly. But I'm sure you knew that.

I like my Sennheiser HD380 Pros and UA Apollo Twin. Without headphones I still like the good old Hi-Fi sound of my Auratones.

Margaret wrote:
Comrade Stierlitz wrote:Better yet, do what I did years ago - invest in a pair of Sennheiser headphones with the 1/8th inch plug. Add a properly eq'd Winamp, a great sound card, and some ogg vorbis or flac audio files, and you have the only computer setup comparable to a Technics table with an electron tube amp and a properly phased speaker bank calculated and set up for the room it's in. Note that I said computer setup, if you set a tape deck up right, store the tapes right, and keep the head clean and belts, rollers, and capstans in good condition, it sounds exactly like vinyl. Exactly. But I'm sure you knew that.

I like my Sennheiser HD380 Pros and UA Apollo Twin. Without headphones I still like the good old Hi-Fi sound of my Auratones.

What gulag camp do y'all comrades belong to?

Here in Texazistan, our gulag camp is grateful as all get out to enjoy the cracklin' sounds of a hotwired clock radio with an fm dial with a tin can speaker.

'pelipsky may bring this obvious inequality up at next Press Meeting with Ivan THE Stahonvets - Ambassador to Texazistan.

Clock radio with FM? The decadent rock and roll music is on FM, no?

I don't want to hear your complaints. Workers here at People's Beet Collective and Pecan Orchard #6 of Heart of Texazistan may or may not have access to a home-made crystal radio that may or may not receive AM broadcasting (pretty much limited to dissident propagandist right wing hate speech, and classic country), if such a device were allowed or accessible to the proletariat, should such contraband be found in or near an unspecified tractor barn or other such clever hiding place.

I don't know what kind of resort they have you in, but there are rumors that you get showers on Mondays. We get lice-powdered or is it powdered with lice? Either way, same result. I'm not sure if you need to be denounced or congratulated.

Reporting from People's Beet Collective and Pecan Orchard #6 of Heart of Texazistan - which runs b.o.t.h. ways, to your Ambassadorship.

FM dial on hotwired clock radio set only receives Pacifica channel for Karaoke reeducation and agitation purposes to further TPC™ Red Square domination. Reeducation is the key.

'pelipsky may or may not be transmitting from private party bunker.

Jackalopelipsky
Russian Agent and honor guard to your Ambassadorship
#BR 549

Well, since this has turned out to be a video-rich thread, I would, once again, like to post Groucho Marx's commentary on both Congress and Joe Biden. The video includes not only predictable obstruction and absurdities, but groping as well. Seriously. Groucho had a knack for foretelling the future methinks.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
'pelipsky may or may not be transmitting from private party bunker.
There is no bunker.
There is no bunker.
There is no bunker...