Progressive Paid Parking Ponderings

Recently, the Collective of Olympia installed a number of solar powered pay parking kiosks to replace meters. While the local debate of the need to install these things is entirely different from this post, please pay close attention to the recent defacement vandalism upgrade of one of these units.

The deep class struggle between the polluting class, and the non polluting class can be seen here. Anything at all remotely related to infernal combustion, and by rapid extension BP is evil, destructive and must be put down like a rabid dog on a kindergarten playground. By putting the word "Petroleum" on a pay parking kiosk, anyone using it will be properly shamed, and any who see it can nod wisely and congratulate themselves on their deeper understanding of how the world works. Prius owners of course, are exempted from this shame, and may doubly congratulate themselves when they park next to this.

Due to copyright issues, the photo in question may be viewed here...

I followed the directions for the Collective and when I arrived, all I found was a photo of "x". I am blaming my non-government glasses for this inferior mistaken sighting. I am sure you are directing us to the correct posting of photographs, so I denounce government glasses!!

Copyright schmoppyright. I don't believe that website created that image. Someone named Berd posted it there. It's Berd's picture and I'm giving him credit for it.

parking meter.jpg

Excellent! When will the wind-powered pay toilets debut? (Electronic pre-paid cards will be available to the fiscally-challenged.)

Opiate, that is a glorious idea. Pay To Pee, discounted to government employees, government Unions peoples, government dependents and those on SS and Medicare. And having a card, or, oh wait, Iphone App, to do one's business quickly and efficiently, is so efficient, is it not? I think the first one should be located in NYC... right in front of the beautiful, new Hamosque. We can show out openness and unbiasedness, to the peace loving Mooslimics! Why, we could have a stall with a burka for the ladies! All supported by the hot air winds in New York. Lovely!

In France (a most progressive country) they have street corner urinals (for men only, showing their sharia compliance). The walls of the booths end just short of the ground so you can see the man's shoes and the stream of urine splashing into the drain as you walk by.

It also used to be unlawful for women in France to wear trousers. Only women who were accredited adventurers (members of the explorer's club) were allowed to dress in male attire.

Comrade Whoopie wrote: It used to be unlawful for women in France to wear trousers too. Only women who were accredited adventurers (members of the explorer's club) were allowed to dress in male attire.

Hmmm....What did this do to the image of "Gay Paree"?

Fraulein Pulloskies wrote:Opiate, that is a glorious idea. Pay To Pee, discounted to government employees, government Unions peoples, government dependents and those on SS and Medicare. And having a card, or, oh wait, Iphone App, to do one's business quickly and efficiently, is so efficient, is it not? I think the first one should be located in NYC... right in front of the beautiful, new Hamosque. We can show out openness and unbiasedness, to the peace loving Mooslimics! Why, we could have a stall with a burka for the ladies! All supported by the hot air winds in New York. Lovely!

Golly, yes! And the first square of TP will be free but each one after that will be $10 each (to encourage wasteful New Yawkers to go on the Crowe Standard.) And the iPhone app can give comrades not only the directions to the nearest wind-powered de-wasting station (a new progressive name for "toilet") but can also tell him or her wait times and whether the wind is blowing there or not! Ah, this idea speaks "progressive" to me! I can hardly wait to see which pompous useless hack fine career public servant Mayor Bloomers will appoint Commissioner of De-Wasting Facilities.

Esteemed Comrade Opiate!

I LIKE your proposal, but I think we can do better to bring about the Progressive World of Next Tuesday(tm)!
Since we are true Progressives, I propose in light of this that the cost (tax) on these squares of TP also to be "progressive".
Starting with a 5 percent "VAT" on the second sheet, escalation by an additional 5 percent on top of that for every 5 squares of TP.
By this I mean that the first 6 sheets cost $10.50, and the next 5 after that $11.55, and the following 5 after that will be $12.13 and so forth.
Taxes collected will go to our party's coffers....

Boris Badanoff wrote:
Comrade Whoopie wrote: It used to be unlawful for women in France to wear trousers too. Only women who were accredited adventurers (members of the explorer's club) were allowed to dress in male attire.

Hmmm....What did this do to the image of "Gay Paree"?

Should that not be "Gay PeePee"?

I am so pleased you approval of my Iphone App idea (please send all money directly to me, so I do not have to sue).
Oh yes, the wait time is good! And how much paper is left and if the future patron should bring his/her own... for a slight discount. Maybe the wind will provide "free" bidet, for only another slight fee?!

Wow, I had no idea global warming had progressed so far as to supply Olympia with enough sun every day for solar powered parking. What about the rainy days? Is parking free, then? Or, maybe only rickshaws are allowed that day.

Opiate of the People wrote:Golly, yes! And the first square of TP will be free but each one after that will be $10 each (to encourage wasteful New Yawkers to go on the Crowe Standard.) And the iPhone app can give comrades not only the directions to the nearest wind-powered de-wasting station (a new progressive name for "toilet") but can also tell him or her wait times and whether the wind is blowing there or not! Ah, this idea speaks "progressive" to me! I can hardly wait to see which pompous useless hack fine career public servant Mayor Bloomers will appoint Commissioner of De-Wasting Facilities.

Comrade Opiate, I think your idea is a GLORIOUS one for sure, but some of our spies sources have spotted some of our Islamic comrades using the Wind-powered Refuse Reclaimers™ for other purposes not intended! Maybe an upgrade in pricing might be in order?