Public Servants have become Petty Tyrants

A timely article by Rep. Tom McClintock (R-CA)

Quarantine is the forced confinement of a person who has contracted or been exposed to an infectious disease.

Although it is a long-standing police power of governments, it is seldom used because it is seldom-needed – sick people generally stay home on their own. When it must be used, it is subject to due process: the right to contest the order in court, to present evidence that the order is invalid, and to have it vacated.

What is happening today is radically different and profoundly un-American: the indefinite and indiscriminate home detention without due process of perfectly healthy people on the pretext that they might catch a contagious disease. While it is true that some people may be infectious without knowing it, that's no different than a wide variety of other contagious diseases that have been with us for generations and that are far more lethal than COVID-19.

The greatest threat of this newly asserted power is to alter fundamentally the relationship between Americans and their government.

This is the age-old question that Cecil B. DeMille framed in his introduction to “The Ten Commandments:”

“Are men the property of the state, or are they free souls under God?”

[OFF]

"HAVE"!? Komrade Antonio, I will admit that I'm a young'un, and therefore less wise, but I have been under the impression that these public servants-cum-petty tyrants have been that way since at least the Depression! And probably even longer, I just haven't studied pre-Depression American History enough to form a solid opinion.

This is what an actual government shutdown looks like.

This was the question 'pelipsky was asked in klieg light interview to determine if 'pelipsky needed further instruction to wellness at The People's Sanitarium.

Who cared what 'pelipsky 'thought' - the goal was to tell the People's Doctors of Sanity exactly what they wanted to hear and get back to now VERY mentally quietly tending beets without any unsanctioned thinking goin' on.

The mythical horned rodent is much improved today, just K.I.T - Keep It Together.

But, just in case the test question comes up again, does any Comrade around here have access to the Korrect Answer?

just standing in the line for The Current Truth™
Jackalopelipsky

jackalopelipsky wrote:

This was the question 'pelipsky was asked in klieg light interview to determine if 'pelipsky needed further instruction to wellness at The People's Sanitarium.

Who cared what 'pelipsky 'thought' - the goal was to tell the People's Doctors of Sanity exactly what they wanted to hear and get back to now VERY mentally quietly tending beets without any unsanctioned thinking goin' on.

The mythical horned rodent is much improved today, just K.I.T - Keep It Together.

[highlight=#ffff00]But, just in case the test question comes up again, does any Comrade around here have access to the Korrect Answer?[/highlight]

Jackalopelipsky

Comrade,

What if “Men are free souls under God” but "God is the property of the state"?
Just sayin...

"In Rodents We Trust"

C Craptek

Captain Craptek wrote:
jackalopelipsky wrote:

[highlight=#ffff00]But, just in case the test question comes up again, does any Comrade around here have access to the Korrect Answer?[/highlight]

Jackalopelipsky

Comrade,

What if “Men are free souls under God” but [highlight=#ffff99]"God is the property of the state"[/highlight]?
Just sayin...

"In Rodents We Trust"

C Craptek

Most equal Rodent Comrade and kissin' cousin CC, it's like you're readin' the mythical horned rodent's mind--- or something. Probably more or the 'or something' than anything else, but then again Rodents gotta trust in something...otherwise, we'd be grasshoppers.

j.

jackalopelipsky wrote: Most equal Rodent Comrade and kissin' cousin CC, it's like you're readin'[highlight=#ffff00] the mythical horned rodent's mind[/highlight]--- or something. Probably more of the 'or something' than anything else, but then again Rodents gotta trust in something...otherwise, we'd be grasshoppers.

j.
We are allowed to have minds now? I was not aware of this. I will await further updates from the Party.