Queen's chaplain resigns over cathedral Koran reading row

A special report by our British correspondent, Komrade Churchillski.

Jesus_Vs_Mohammed.jpg
With all this election stuff going the Religion of Peace™ must be feeling a bit left out.

Queen's chaplain resigns over cathedral Koran reading row saying he has a 'duty' to defend Christianity

A chaplain to the Queen has resigned after publicly criticising a church that allowed a Koran reading during its service as part of an interfaith project. The Rev Gavin Ashenden, who until this week was one of the 33 special chaplains to the Queen, said the reading was “a fairly serious error” and one which he had a duty to speak out about. “There are things we should not tolerate because they are destructive,” he told BBC Radio 4's Sunday programme.“I don't accept the rather feeble accusation that intolerance is a bad thing.”

During a service at St Mary's Episcopal in Glasgow earlier this month to mark the feast of the Epiphany, there was a reading of a passage from the Koran which said that Jesus was not the son of God.

When first reading about this I instantly thought of life imitating art, as in the old "Not The Nine O'clock News" sketch, "The Devil - Is He All Bad?"

They nearly got it right too, except for the "Pope not being Too Keen" bit. But I very much doubt that when it was made, Pope John Paul II would have been too keen.