Recycled Hope

The economy is fine! There is nothing wrong! We are surging into prosperity, Comrades! SURGING INTO PROSPERITY!

Uh… Everyone, uh, everyone's investments are fine. The stock market is, uh, is doing just fine. Uh, losing, uh, losing 3,000 points is, uh, nothing big. Things are fine! We're doing great! Things, uh, things are being fixed! Uh, stimulus. Here, let me say it again -- Stimulus.

Uh… Until things are, uh, socialized and fixed, uh, here is some RECYCLED HOPE to keep you, uh, to keep you in the fold (Jim Cramer, I suggest you view these videos. You too, Chris Buckley and David Brooks!).

Remember: The State needs your help, Comrades! Denounce any and all you come into contact with if they own/operate a radio or if they are tuning into Fox News or any business-related news networks.

Change! Change! Change! (laughing nervously) Who needs a stock market when we have Change!? Right, Comrades? Right?

Some happy dancing Obama-loving people to brighten your day, Comrades! Choose to UNITE, Comrades, and remember to keep them TVs and radios off!

Ugh, so historical!

When in doubt which political or economic system to choose for this and future generations, all you have to do is ask a musician.

In fact, this could be a thread where a generic musician can answer questions on domestic policies, economics, morals, and international relations, man.

I do feel their voice is downplayed in this culture. We need to hear from more musicians. I'm not even talking of Hollywood celebrities, whose voice has been suppressed for two long. It is time to rise up!

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:
Uh… Everyone, uh, everyone's investments are fine. The stock market is, uh, is doing just fine. Uh, losing, uh, losing 3,000 points is, uh, nothing big. Things are fine! We're doing great! Things, uh, things are being fixed! Uh, stimulus. Here, let me say it again -- Stimulus.

Uh...errr...uh...umm...uh... Where's my teleprompter???!!!!
....uh....duh...uh....
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19663.html

Yes, I for one am greatly relieved to have the wool pulled over my eyes be informed that thanks to the foresight of our great leader and his wondrous stimulus plan, everything is now hunky dory & peachy keen!!!

Silly capitalist fools with all their alarmist pissing & moaning. Don't they realize that the stock market plunging fluctuating, is nothing more serious than a mere tracking poll?!

The second video is from a fruity little group called ChooseToUnite.com which is, dare I say, Jim Jones-esque in their devotion to their Messiah. Here is a little essay they have posted at http://choosetounite.blogspot.com/

Some Creepy Obama Cult Deacon wrote:
The Anointing of Barack Obama - And Ourselves
January 2009

"He's the new Messiah!" So read a sign held up by someone in the huge crowd gathered to hear Barack Obama in Germany last summer. Thomas Hand, SJ, a few years ago said that, "We humans are forever looking for heroes and heroines, for ideals and archetypal figures. We instinctively need a person who can embody the highest form of some creative energy. By devotion to such a person, we connect with that special energy and are transformed."

Barack (a name derived from the Semitic and Kiswahili words for "blessing") Obama clearly has been responded to as such an archetypal figure for our time. As in the famous Isaiah passages of the suffering servant, he is expected by many millions of people in the world to bear our many social troubles and draw us through them to a new day of wellbeing and community. His inauguration is his anointing to this calling by so many people. He has brought fresh hope and a vision of unity and caring for human needs across many lines. His very family lineage has crossed those lines: as a Euro-American and African-American, with a half-Asian sister. His work settings also have crossed lines: as a community organizer, lawyer, teacher, legislator, father, and husband, and so have the farflungplaces he has lived.

In the famous Isaiah passages of the suffering servant, the servant can be seen as a single person as well as a symbol of the whole people of Israel. We can see the same symbolism with Barack Obama. He speaks of what we can do together, not what he can do alone.

He can be the lightning rod for our collective willingness to rise above isolated selfconcern and offer our gifts for the reform and upbuilding of our commonwealth, our whole earth community, in ways that are desperately needed today. Barack cannot be a "blessing" without our best kind of responsiveness, as well as his own.

He also can't be a blessing unless what he says and does itself is blessed, anointed, by the gracious One who flows through our lives. Such blessing will not always happen. President Obama is a fallible human being and he will sin and make mistakes like the rest of us, and like all the "anointed" before him in all fields. Yet in the heart of his impassioned vision we see some central principles that can transcend the fallibilities, principles that reverberate some basic contemplative discoveries and Biblical mandates:

1. We are a unity in diversity; we, including the earth, belong to one another in God. All of us are called to recognize this mutual interdependence.

2. As individuals and groups we are given distinctive callings to help care for the
common good, even if it involves sacrifice of our separate good. The common good is our good, too; we are mirrors of our neighbors, including our poorest and most oppressed neighbors; love your neighbor as yourself.

Barack Obama does not directly address our communion in God. He is not a mystical spiritual Messiah in the way Christians see Jesus and other religions see their founders, those people whose direct in-touchness with the divine shows us our deepest identity, belonging, freedom, and capacity for creative love. Yet the called-for fruit of such intouchness overlaps with elements of Barack Obama's vision.

Early in the campaign a conservative commentator said he had to admit that, "Obama brings out the angels in us." My hope and prayer is that he indeed will help to bring them out: that what he says and does will be an instrument of God's blessing that brings out our best selves, leading us to listen for our part in caring for an inclusive, peaceful and just earthly community. President Obama will not always be such an instrument, and neither will we, so my prayer also is for a discerning heart for him and for us that helps everyone to see and let go whatever is not inspired by the undercurrent of radiant Love mysteriously flowing through us day by day.

Our societal time ahead is a momentous one, full of challenges and possibilities that most of us would never have dreamed of even a year ago. May we all live into this time with a sense of being anointed in our own way to let the Spirit lead through us, as well as through our new American President.

The Rev. Dr. Tilden H. Edwards, Jr.

Shalem's Founder and Senior Fellow

Wow. Just wow. For years we witnessed Bush being mocked as insane and stupid for having faith in a higher power. And now, with the rise of his O'liness, those very same people who mocked Bush believe the higher power is some teleprompter-addled empty suit named Barack Obama. Unbelievable.

Recycled Hope. . . Recycled Change. . . Recycled Hope. . .Recycled Change. . .

Comrades listen to Meow!!! everything is wonderful, we should be whistling Dixie out of butts. All is great. Ahh...errrr....Ahummmm....

Ahumm errr sing a song of praise to the Obamessiah. Ahh, mummm, achhh, erh..Thuppppppt. Comrade Border Collie understands

Comrade Red Star wrote:we should be whistling Dixie out of butts.
Racist!

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:
Comrade Red Star wrote:we should be whistling Dixie out of butts.
Racist!

we should be whistling Chastushka out of butts.

Does this make you feel better Meow?

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:Wow. Just wow. For years we witnessed Bush being mocked as insane and stupid for having faith in a higher power. And now, with the rise of his O'liness, those very same people who mocked Bush believe the higher power is some teleprompter-addled empty suit named Barack Obama. Unbelievable.

Dearest Chairman,

Luckily for us Made Progressives, everything we denounced Bu$Hitler for over the last 8 years is OK if WE do it for Progressive purposes. This includes belief in a higher power and looting the treasury.

Commissar_Elliott wrote:Recycled Hope. . . Recycled Change. . . Recycled Hope. . .Recycled Change. . .

Comrade Elliott,

This is amazing! I have spent hours already with The One thanks to this progressive innovation.

Comrade Elliot what a stunningly equal posting! Now I have something to while away the empty hours between leg tingles, whistling cheery party approved tunes from my butt, and the odd obamagasm. If get any more hope, I'm liable to explode.

Obamissar 7.62 we are so glad that we could be of service. Glad you feel better.

Red Star wrote:Obamissar 7.62 we are so glad that we could be of service. Glad you feel better.

After staring at The One and his Hypnosis of Hope, and taking a shot of Snake Oil mixed with vodka, not only do I feel better, I feel OBAMAFIED(TM)!