Remembering the Reagan Reign of Terror

Get your fill of misery, Comrades. Tonight we take a brief look at the disastrous economic depression of the 1980s which led to mass starvation, rampant homelessness, and, of course, picketing Muppet-Americans.

The Reagan years will always be remembered as America's darkest days. Not even George W. Bush himself could compare to the imperial monster that was the insensitive and callous Ronald W.Reagan.

Party Ideological Exercise: Can you recall how awful and miserable life was during the Reagan Reign of Terror? If so, please share your experiences, memories, and drug-induced hallucinations with the collective in order to promote the Common Good.

I remember! I remember! I remember that when I didn't do well in school or was otherwise naughty, my grandmother called me a Reaganite - which was supposed to mean something close to anti-Christ (I had already passed the potty training level by then).

I remember too, Comrade Red Square. I remember the bread lines. I remember Nancy Reagan -- a very drunk Nancy Reagan, mind you -- throwing empty champagne bottles at homeless people from the comfort of her solid gold stretch limousine. Oh yes! I remember those dark days, Comrades! I remember them well! Sure, I was born in 1986 -- BUT I STILL REMEMBER ALL TOO WELL!

Nancy Reagan throwing empty champagne bottles at homeless people from the comfort of her solid gold stretch limousine is an image that will haunt me for years to come.

I remember those days and shudder comrades. Economic stagnation coupled with rampant inflation and double-digit interest rates that strangled economic expansion. There was a horrible fuel shortage, with long lines at the gas stations and rationing the amount you could buy when they did have fuel. Factories were closing daily.

Then there was America's reputation overseas. I remember the day the Iranians took the Embassy in Tehran, which was all Reagan's fault, and the embarassing botched rescue attempt, also all Reagan's fault. How we were mocked and derided in Europe because of this simpleton in office.

And the man! Always grinning like some drunken cracker from Georgia, driving himself around in a diesel Volkswagen Rabbit--why, he even went to pick up foreign heads of state in this ridiculous vehicle. He was so pathetic.

I remember the horrors of the Reagan years. The foie gras was hard, the filet mignon was tough, and even the caviar was off. It was runny, and tasted fishy.

I was 11 years old in Nov of 1980. I don't know why I can remember the days before the election so well, but I do. I remember two girls in my class saying we would die if Reagan was elected. It didn't understand it then, but as I look back I realize would good, progressive parents they must have had to make sure their daughters where armed with the knowledge to convert the masses before they went off to school. I still don't know why that memory is so strong.

I noticed something about the video. When progressive spokeswoman Helen Thomas (PBUH) asked Reagan a question, the director rightly edited out the President's response. No need to hear his rebuttals, which would just be filled with lies anyway.

So, comrades, why? Why oh why if Reagan's failure was so demonstrably obvious, did the progressive allow the Reich-wing attack machine to so horribly dismember honorable Mondale?

RIK

We will never forgive Reagan for those eight dark, depressed years when we were forced to eat caviar that tasted fishy.

And his middle initial was also W! Damn you, W!

We have yet to find who disobeyed the orders to remove the W key from every single keyboard. If they had, the other W would've never been elected!

Comrade RIK wrote:Why oh why if Reagan's failure was so demonstrably obvious, did the progressive allow the Reich-wing attack machine to so horribly dismember honorable Mondale?

Walter wasn't progressive enough, Comrade RIK -- he was a "flawed" candidate from the start and possibly a Republican mole bent on sabotaging the Party.

You see, it isn't our ideas that suck, Comrades. No, it is our candidates that suck which is why we have lost so many presidential contest. Now then, if Walter was a strong Communist he would have beaten Reagan handily in a 57 state landslide (or is it 58 states?). Either way, we would have won and the Soviet Union would still be alive and well to this day if only we ran a strong Communist in the 80s.

Ivan Betinov wrote:.....Economic stagnation coupled with rampant inflation and double-digit interest rates that strangled economic expansion. ...a horrible fuel shortage, with long lines at the gas stations and rationing the amount you could buy....
....the day the Iranians took the Embassy in Tehran....the embarassing botched rescue attempt, also all Reagan's fault.

Great Stalin's Ghost! The brain damage you must have suffered by Raygun's insane buildup of imperialist forces!

Comrades, I remember the Raygun years far better than most of you here, though of course the truth of what you all have said is true.

I remember when those years, when I was forced to work for the Exxon Evil Research Labs while millions were dying in the streets and those who still managed were homeless. Comrades the diabolcal nature of the Raygun government is far beyond your memories. They did not think I would notice, but I did! How could I not have noticed the sudden increase in my "take home" pay - money taken from the purses of widows, from the orphans, from the least able in society! I remember it like it was yesterday! I still have nightmares! These monsters thought I would hide this money away from the public, but I fooled them! I returned just about every penny to the people by purchasing goods such as my Harley to help those under employeed workers in Wisconsin and other cities.

But am I the only one who can still remember the cruellest and most callous of all the Raygun's actions? It was the shameful events during the Reykjavik Summit, Iceland in 1986.

President Raygun deliberately insults Premier of USSR
Gorbachev by childishly raising his hand higher as
Gorbachev tries to greet him.

The Great Peacemaker, Gorbachev had came to Iceland with the simple hope to try and talk the madman from trying to put lasers in orbit from which he could kill the poor, infirm, and homeless which Raygun had decided were a burden on his rtch oil barron friends. The more reasonable Gorbachev tried to be, the more animalistic Raygun became till in the end, Raygun started throwing the emdamgered species flavored jelly beans he was famous for loving, at Gorbachev and screamed "The meeting is over." and turned to his Secretaty of State, George "Warmongerer" Shultz and said "Let's go, George. We're leaving."

America would have been better off if Gorbi launched the USSR's superior nukes our way. It is far better to die in a Soviet launched nuclear holocaust than it is to live eight long and terrible years under a Republican president.

I am sure our Comrades at DKos feel that way to this day -- and Stalin bless each and every one of them for feeling that it would be best if America took a bullet for the Internationalist cause.

When I think of all the innocent and peaceful Muslims and Arabs that have died and been imprisoned, the polar bears that have become homeless, the telephone taps on everyones phone etc., I can not but help but agree Chairman, the world would be a better place right now had Gorbachev done the right thing then and protected the world from our abuses with a cleansing nuclear strike.

Raygun is the Anti-Christ, haven't we numbered all the letters in his name before? (Ronald Wilson Reagan) (6-6-6). Though I was born in 1989, I've heard horror stories from the Communist Broadcasting System (CBS) telling me of how he yelled at his staff and slapped his children. Of course, this is a RethugliKKKan for you

Did we all forget so soon?! The most horrible atrocity committed by the horrid Reagan?

HE ATE KITTENS!!

Raw!! And while they were still alive!!

O the humanity!!

O'Brien

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

O'Brien wrote: HE ATE KITTENS!!

Raw!! And while they were still alive!!

OBrien, this thread is about Raygun's evils.... why dp you wish to defend him?

I can't speak of that time without throwing up a little in my mouth....and I do so hate the taste of gack...so I will remain mute on this horrible stain on the annals of history herstory that is the raygun years.

Great Stalin's Ghost! How could we have missed this? Or is it just an old comrade such as myself that really knew the Raygun era, could finally see the evil connection?

For you young comrades, a little background. A reactionary imperialist allegedly named "William Casey" handled the election of the Raygun monster in 1980, and was paid off by being named Director of Central Intelligence. Among his crimes against the People, Casey believed that the Soviet Union was the source of most terrorist activity in the world, in spite of C.I.A. analysts providing evidence that this was in fact black propaganda by the CIA itself.

Casey oversaw the re-expansion of the Intelligence Community in funding and human resource levels, restrictions were lifted on the use of the CIA to directly, covertly influence the internal and foreign affairs of countries relevant to American policy, and an increase of the Agency's anti-Soviet activities around the world. He oversaw covert assistance to the mujahadeen resistance in Afghanistan, with a budget of over $1 billion by working closely with Akhtar Abdur Rahman (the Director General of ISI of Pakistan), the Solidarity movement in Poland, and a number of coups and attempted coups in South- and Central America. The CIA under Casey was complicit in the Contras' massive narco-trafficking operation which resulted in the crack epidemic.
Casey was also the principal architect of the arms-for-hostages deal that became known as the Iran-Contra affair. Need there be further proof of his crimes?

But here is the kicker....this Casey allegedly died in 1987 of brain cancer. Comrades, you be the judge, but I do not believe he became a necro voter at all!

Other well known Criminal:

I was born in 1982, so my memories are not so great. But I remember hearing on the news and pop culture that at any second, Ronnie Raygun would blow the world up. I remember seeing President Gorbachev of the USSR on TV, urging RWR to spare humanity from the trigger. And, of course, November 9, 1989- when the Berlin Wall was torn down by homeless West Berliners eager to live comfortably in the workers' paradise that was the German Democratic Republic.

Sweet merciful Stalin sucking the tit of the Nanny State in his blood-soaked cradle -- Dick Cheney is really William Casey! (dum dum DUM!)

Yes Chairman, I believe this to be the case. Which brings up more disturbing thoughts,,,, how many other evil persons has this entity been down through the ages? A power mad Dorian Gray so to speak?

At one time the evil entity must have also inhabited the body of Mikhail Gorbachev who destroyed the Soviet Union. In Russia, there are still legends circulating in certain circles that this non-person was an agent of CIA and world Zionism. Now that the current truth has come out, we know it's the same dark force that once possessed Casey and is now in full control of Dick Cheney!

Red Square wrote:Now that the current truth has come out, we know it's the same dark force that once possessed Casey and is now in full control of Dick Cheney!

Oh....you're talking about the same force that took out the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.
Powerful today as it was then.
I believe it's called liberalism?

Dayem...Gorby gittin' crusty...except for the map of South America on his melon,I wouldn't have known it was him.

How could we have missed this Comrades! He was a double agent all this time! But the facts are clear now!

Premier Betty wrote:Facts? What are these "facts"?
Don't worry your pretty little head about these so-called facts,Bettydarling....just close your eyes and think of your happy place and the nasty facts will go bye,bye....

Happy place... happy place.... happy place....

Found it!

Premier Betty wrote:Happy place... happy place.... happy place....

Found it!

NO! That's not it! I haven't even seen all of that movie! It was too stupid for my brain to comprehend!