Republicans - support Ukraine!

As for my credentials, I am an American patriot and I believe strongly in limited government and individual freedom. Like many other Americans, I too believe that our federal government taxes too highly and wastes huge sums of money. I also chafe at a government that howls at the mere mention of a reduced increase in a budget while telling us that doing without is the new normal.  Finally, I'm irritated by a sycophantic media that assures us that all life will cease without a government department of some sort to micromanage us and make our decisions for us.  That's enough of an introductory rant for now, so let me get to the main point.

Ukraine is absolutely worthy of our support.  Among the proxy wars we've supported or fought in, when else did we find ourselves supporting a country which holds to ideals of freedom similar to ours?

In spite of my initial enthusiasm for our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan, it is clear that they are not countries as we understand the term, and with few exceptions, the people of those countries hold values different from ours or even hostile to ours.  In Iraq and Afghanistan we attempted to rescue and modernize people groups that neither wanted rescuing nor modernizing.  Ukraine is not Iraq, nor is it Afghanistan.

In fact, Ukraine is much like us.  The Maidan Revolution of 2014 is something like our Declaration of Independence.  They rejected the puppet President Yanukovych and eventually began to elect presidents representative of the will of the Ukrainian people.  Putin may cite various reasons for his aggression towards Ukraine beginning with the hybrid warfare in the eastern part of the country in 2014, but high on that list of reasons is that Ukraine dared to defy him, and in his eyes they must be punished.

So began the seizure of Crimea and eastern Ukraine in 2014.  The conflict begun by Putin had already taken thousands of innocent lives before the brazen rape of Ukraine in February of 2022.  Our intelligence as well as that of the rest of the western democracies was convinced that Russia would occupy up to at least the Dnipro River in three days and would be knocking on Poland's door shortly afterwards.  But something unexpected happened.  Like Washington's surprising victories at Trenton and Princeton, Ukraine halted the Russian behemoth and made them pay dearly for every meter they seized.  Kiev was saved when the Russian invasion faltered from poor preparation and stubborn Ukrainian resistance.  Without significant aid from the west, Ukraine showed us that Russians do not stand ten feet tall and can be beaten, even severely bloodied.  But this isn't just Ukraine's war.

While we may be rightly focused on domestic concerns, remember that we are a far flung international power with treaty obligations to our allies.  Putin imagines himself as Peter the Great and desires to restore the original territorial claims of the Soviet Era.  This means that if he thought he could get away with it, he would not hesitate to attack Poland next which would activate Article V of the NATO alliance and bring us into direct conflict with Russia.  By her status and her determination to fight, Ukraine is punishing the Russian war machine and putting up a protective barrier between Russia and Article V.  Thanks to Ukraine, we are one step further from a nuclear confrontation rather than one step closer.

Was Ukraine once part of the Soviet Union?  It was, and some seem to think that this gives legitimacy to Russia's hegemony.  But who else was once part of the Soviet orbit?  Warsaw Pact countries like Albania, Bulgaria, Czechia when it once composed half of Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Poland, and Romania.  In short, our NATO allies include former Soviet allies - countries that preferred freedom to being ruled by Russia.  Ukraine not only prefers freedom, but is willing to pay for it with her own blood.

As long as there is a dictator in Russia and a Russian military, Russia's government will do what it has done for a millennia which is invade its neighbors, always ostensibly "to help."  The Russian military has nearly spent itself in Ukraine after a long string of disastrous and costly miscalculations.  The Ukrainians have against all odds seized the initiative, and with western help are beginning to prevail.  Significant numbers of Russians are opposed to this war, and Putin's regime may be in danger of collapse.  Is now the time to let up and give Russia a chance to recover?  Is now the time to let Putin hold on to what he has stolen only to strike again while continuing to miserably oppress his own people?  As Patrick Henry might put it, "Forbid it, Almighty God!"  If Russia should find its footing and recover the initiative through our neglect, it will be to our lasting shame.  While our withdrawal from Afghanistan was an international debacle, Afghanistan will not greatly impact the world beyond its borders.  A failure to support Ukraine will put the Russian bear on life support, and if it regains its strength it will make itself felt everywhere.  Now, very now, is the time to stand with Zelensky, a latter-day Churchill, and see Ukraine through to absolute victory and lasting peace.

One last thing: were it not for timely aid from powerful allies in our Revolution, it's doubtful there would even be an American Congress meeting today to discuss whether we should send aid to Ukraine.

Thank you, Komissar al-Blogunov. Indeed, if you want to know how the average Ukrainian thinks and feels, just remember your friend Lamar Ferguson of Marietta, GA, the lawnmowing champion. If Russia were to invade Georgia, he would not hesitate to hitch a tank to his lawnmower and tow it into his garage for some tinkering on the weekends.

Since Russia invaded Ukraine, Biden has signed $65 billion in aid for Zelensky.

Last week Biden expressed frustration with [House Minority Leader] McCarthy [Republican] for his remarks about Ukraine aid spending, suggesting that he had put the world in danger.

“These guys don’t get it,” Biden said during a fundraiser in Pennsylvania. “It’s a lot bigger than Ukraine. It’s Eastern Europe. It’s NATO. It’s real serious, serious, consequential outcomes. They have no sense of American foreign policy.”

—CHARLIE SPIERING, 31 Oct 2022, The Gateway Pundit

Although I support Ukraine morally and condemn Putin's aggression, I find it highly suspicious that the loudest voices calling for increased spending on Ukraine and even direct U.S. military intervention are Democrats and Globalists like George Soros.

It's suspicious that Joe Biden is so intent on throwing billions at Ukraine, a nation with which he and Hunter have engaged in shady deals.

It's absurd to hear Joe Biden—a foreign policy imbecile—lecture Republicans on "serious consequential outcomes" and "sense of American foreign policy' when everything he does results in a weaker United States, from bowing to China to appeasing Iran to strengthening the ruble to his disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan to insulting the Saudis to begging oil from Venezuela to opening our borders to migrants to facilitating drug-cartel criminality and on and on and on.

Nothing would please Democrats, Globalists and the military industry more than a direct U.S. military intervention in Ukraine and an ensuing war that would result in a severely weakened or destroyed United States. No one would benefit from or take advantage of such an outcome more than China, the China-dominated U.N. and the radicals of the WEF.

To put it simply: whatever Democrats want badly should be rejected by Republicans automatically.

Support Ukraine morally? Of course.
Support Ukraine with meaningful aid? Yes, to a reasonable extent.
Support Ukraine with direct unilateral U.S. military intervention? No. 

At a time when Democrats and the Biden Administration are busily retarding U.S. armed forces and wrecking U.S. traditions, founding principles, justice, safety, economy and stability, we Conservatives and Republicans should know better than align ourselves with any policy invented by, supported by or championed by Democrats. And saying so does not make one a Putin supporter.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... -midterms/

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
11/1/2022, 8:35 am
Since Russia invaded Ukraine, Biden has signed $65 billion in aid for Zelensky.

Last week Biden expressed frustration with [House Minority Leader] McCarthy [Republican] for his remarks about Ukraine aid spending, suggesting that he had put the world in danger.

“These guys don’t get it,” Biden said during a fundraiser in Pennsylvania. “It’s a lot bigger than Ukraine. It’s Eastern Europe. It’s NATO. It’s real serious, serious, consequential outcomes. They have no sense of American foreign policy.”

—CHARLIE SPIERING, 31 Oct 2022, The Gateway Pundit

Although I support Ukraine morally and condemn Putin's aggression, I find it highly suspicious that the loudest voices calling for increased spending on Ukraine and even direct U.S. military intervention are Democrats and Globalists like George Soros.

It's suspicious that Joe Biden is so intent on throwing billions at Ukraine, a nation with which he and Hunter have engaged in shady deals.

It's absurd to hear Joe Biden—a foreign policy imbecile—lecture Republicans on "serious consequential outcomes" and "sense of American foreign policy' when everything he does results in a weaker United States, from bowing to China to appeasing Iran to strengthening the ruble to his disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan to insulting the Saudis to begging oil from Venezuela to opening our borders to migrants to facilitating drug-cartel criminality and on and on and on.

Nothing would please Democrats, Globalists and the military industry more than a direct U.S. military intervention in Ukraine and an ensuing war that would result in a severely weakened or destroyed United States. No one would benefit from or take advantage of such an outcome more than China, the China-dominated U.N. and the radicals of the WEF.

To put it simply: whatever Democrats want badly should be rejected by Republicans automatically.

Support Ukraine morally? Of course.
Support Ukraine with meaningful aid? Yes, to a reasonable extent.
Support Ukraine with direct unilateral U.S. military intervention? No. 

At a time when Democrats and the Biden Administration are busily retarding U.S. armed forces and wrecking U.S. traditions, founding principles, justice, safety, economy and stability, we Conservatives and Republicans should know better than align ourselves with any policy invented by, supported by or championed by Democrats. And saying so does not make one a Putin supporter.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... -midterms/

I'm not being facetious when I say that I really don't know who's running the White House - it's very clear who isn't.  But whoever is calling the shots on Ukraine is, as far as I can see, calling it right.

It's best to support or oppose an idea on principle rather than on tribalism.  If an idea or a policy is pretty much right (only God makes perfect policy) then I support it regardless of who else might support it.

I really believe Ukraine is our buffer and provides an opportune moment to support them while they do the fighting.  They themselves have made clear that they're willing to do the fighting as long as we give them the means.  We and NATO greatly benefit from a victorious Ukraine.  Nobody benefits from a powerful Russia.  Now is the time to stop Putin rather than wishing later that we had acted more decisively sooner.

Red Square wrote:
10/31/2022, 10:35 pm
Thank you, Komissar al-Blogunov. Indeed, if you want to know how the average Ukrainian thinks and feels, just remember your friend Lamar Ferguson of Marietta, GA, the lawnmowing champion. If Russia were to invade Georgia, he would not hesitate to hitch a tank to his lawnmower and tow it into his garage for some tinkering on the weekends.

NASCAR will never be the same.

Dear Colonel Obyezyana -

The money that the Democrats are "showering" on Ukraine is actually being showered on their pet projects elsewhere, to help them get re-elected. Ukraine is mostly getting "golden showers" from the Democrats, but it ain't gold. It's just a game they always play, called "don't let a good crisis go to waste." So far, most of the military equipment is coming, not from the U.S., but from Europe - France, Spain, Norway, Britain, Czechia, Poland, etc. Germany has finally also sent its antiaircraft guns.

The lend-lease signed by Biden on May 9th is dead, with ZERO items delivered. Even the used but still functional equipment that has been decommissioned, is not being turned over to Ukraine where it could be of great help. The talk is grandiose, but the most needed air defense and heavy equipment are lacking. The U.S. is giving Ukraine just the bare minimum to keep it afloat, but not to win the war, so that the Dems could keep playing this card all the way through the 2022 and then the 2024 elections.

That begs the question, if the Dems wanted to prolong the bloodshed in order to stay in power, what would they do differently?

Every time the Republicans talk of limiting and controlling the Dems' pork barrel, the media describes the critics as the devils who want Ukraine to lose. They have convinced the entire world that a win for the Republicans would be a win for Putin, and the death of Ukraine. In the meantime, Ukrainian blood is being spilled, which could have been prevented if Ukraine were to really receive what Biden says it is receiving.

As of now, the people in my native city of Cherkassy in the very middle of Ukraine live without electrical power, heat, or water supply, because Russian rockets have deliberately hit electrical and water utilities. It could've been prevented if Ukraine had the air defenses that Biden promised.

In the latest rocket attack, Ukraine was able to shoot down 44 out of 50 Russian rockets, which shows they know what they're doing. But the six remaining rockets that hit a densely populated country, are enough to bring grave damage, death, and suffering.

Ukraine doesn't need American troops. It needs the weapons and ammo in sufficient quantities to win the war as quickly as possible and prevent further bloodshed and destruction. Without such weapons, the senseless war will continue indefinitely long, soaking Ukraine in blood and allowing the Dems to keep posturing as noble saviors while smearing the Repubs as villains in order to remain in power.

P.S.
And people like Tucker Carlson are helping the Democrats in that a great deal, wittingly or unwittingly. I hope it's unwittingly, but it's still damaging to the Republicans, to Ukraine, and to the world at large. The single person in the entire world who benefits from such talk is Putin. That may not be Tucker's intention, but it's the objective outcome. Tucker is not alone here, I just mention him because he's the most prominent of them.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
11/1/2022, 1:46 pm

Certainly not the most informed debate I've ever seen.  Obama's presidency was primarily one of pontificating and spectating.  He did send some boots and sleeping bags to Ukraine, but I'm not aware of his doing much more than that.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
11/1/2022, 1:46 pm

Those were a couple of crackpots. The idea that the 2014 revolution in Ukraine was staged by the CIA is a narrative from the Kremlin, which justifies their aggression and the annexation of Ukrainian territories. It's a completely fabricated theory, which is what any grassroots participant of the events in Kyiv will tell you. And yet it's taken hold in some radical circles in the US. Hating Obama is not an excuse to believe that everything in the world is his fault.

Jack Posobiec is a nice guy and I met him personally, but unfortunately he's now also spreading this BS, apparently believing that a political operative has a right to lie as long as it can damage the other side. Goal justifies the means. We've heard that before.

History repeats itself four times. The first time as a tragedy, the second time as a farce, and twice more for the cognitively impaired.

Crackpots. Yes. But, it does indicate the unified Democrat Party line is faltering. Remember when Obama warned his operatives to trust Joe to have unnatural sex with The Plan? That much is abundantly clear, as the human suffering is overwhelming.

I haven't read all of the arguments for/against supporting Ukraine but I will say this much: Ukraine is an independent nation. This is not the first time Putin has invaded (Georgia, Chechnya and Moldova) or threatened (Kazakhstan) a neighbour.

Some important voices in his sphere of influence want to create a Eurasian empire from Vladivostok to Lisbon. They also want to "reclaim" Alaska, which was SOLD to the USA. For them, Ukraine is just the start. This is not just about Ukraine.

This is a necessary fight against a miserable dictatorship intent on proving it's importance. When you listen to what Putin says, there's very little different from the fascist leaders of the 1930s. It is the same mentality as the German people after WW1. They wanted to reassert dominance after their crushing defeat. We got Hitler.

Putin has said that the greatest geo-political disaster of the last century was the collapse of the Soviet Union.

There are parallels and indicators that this is not simply about Ukraine. Putin and his acolytes need to be defeated. They started this shit and they need to pay for it with their lives.

Let freedom ring!

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
11/1/2022, 6:54 pm
I haven't read all of the arguments for/against supporting Ukraine but I will say this much: Ukraine is an independent nation. This is not the first time Putin has invaded (Georgia, Chechnya and Moldova) or threatened (Kazakhstan) a neighbour.

Some important voices in his sphere of influence want to create a Eurasian empire from Vladivostok to Lisbon. They also want to "reclaim" Alaska, which was SOLD to the USA. For them, Ukraine is just the start. This is not just about Ukraine.

This a necessary fight against a miserable dictatorship intent on proving it's importance. When you listen to what Putin says, there's very little different from the fascist leaders of the 1930s. It is the same mentality as the German people after WW1. They wanted to reassert dominance after their crushing defeat. We got Hitler.

Putin has said that the greatest geo-political disaster of the last century was the collapse of the Soviet Union.

There are parallels and indicators that this is not simply about Ukraine. Putin and his acolytes need to be defeated. They started this shit and they need to pay for it with their lives.

Let freedom ring!
You don't know any bodyguards inside the Kremlin, do you?

Nyet, comrade. If I did, this would be over already.

I did know some Russians once, when I was sojourning in London. They gave me some of the worst food I've ever had (which, speaking of England, is quite a challenge). It was salt dried fish, of some kind. The only thing that made it palatable was the vodka they also furnished. It taught me one thing though: Russians will put up with a lot of bad stuff as long as they can get drunk. That's, apparently, not uncommon amongst their new "recruits".

Full Putin speech on Russian respect for other nations, cultures, and traditional values...whatever “that” is.

https://www.voltairenet.org/article218334.html

Komissar al-Blogunov wrote:
11/1/2022, 9:16 am
I'm not being facetious when I say that I really don't know who's running the White House - it's very clear who isn't.  But whoever is calling the shots on Ukraine is, as far as I can see, calling it right.

It's best to support or oppose an idea on principle rather than on tribalism.  If an idea or a policy is pretty much right (only God makes perfect policy) then I support it regardless of who else might support it.

Kommisar al-Blogunov:

Two things missing from your post:

1. An explanation of your call for Republicans to support Ukraine. Why Republicans? Why now? Have Republicans done something to predicate such a call?

2. A definition of “support Ukraine.” I defined three possible levels of support, you defined none.

Also noteworthy is how you tagged steadfast opposition to Democrat policy as “tribalism,” at a time when it is staggeringly obvious that Democrat policy is poisonous and destructive. It’s not tribalism to choose sanity and common sense over chaotic madness, it’s the only rational choice.

Republican support for Ukraine seems like an invented issue, especially with only days before one of the most consequential elections of our lifetime,

Red Square wrote:
11/1/2022, 11:22 am

Red Square:

You have outlined the failings of Democrats to provide meaningful, effective or enough support fo Ukraine. On this we agree. But it must be a difficult task for you—as a former Ukrainian citizen with parents, family and friends in Ukraine—to offer an objective, dispassionate opinion on the war.

Not everything we see and hear is Russian propaganda, and since propaganda is so ubiquitous, one runs the risk of seeing it where it doesn’t exist. As evidenced by Democrat politics for many recent years, a constant drumbeat of “Russia, Russia, Russia” sounds ever more false the more we hear it (and it was and is).

It’s understandable that Ukrainians would wish to maintain an appearance of innocence and high morality in the face of Russia’s atrocious invasion and aggression. Questioning the past or current conduct of Ukraine’s leadership doesn’t help their cause, which is why Democrat-controlled media omits such questions (in other words, the Biden family is implicated).

But large sums of American dollars and large shipments of military equipment and weapons are going into Ukraine with little or no accountability. It isn’t wrong to question where it goes or how it’s being used in light of the fact that graft, bribery, black marketing and corruption are not unknown in Ukraine. To impulsively say that such questions stem from Russian propaganda or that a questioner as sharp as Tucker Carlson is fooled by Russian propaganda only makes one sound like the boy who cried “wolf,” and that hurts the cause, too, particularly because Russia’s overt treachery vastly outweighs its comparatively small, clumsy and often preposterous propaganda efforts.

I haven't read all of the arguments

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt:

Despite Russia’s huge geographical land mass, its population is smaller that that of the United States, and like the U.S., its armed forces are a small fraction of its population. Without its strategic nuclear forces, Russia has only a navy with few friendly ports and an army that has repeatedly proven ineffective for decades (unless subduing small, defenseless neighbors).

China rapidly expands its influence with “Belt and Road” blackmail and military growth every day and poses a real and ever-increasing threat worldwide. Russia lacks that capability.

Russia may use its energy resources to gain income and blackmail Europe, but Russia’s armed forces have failed in Angola, Afghanistan Syria, and are struggling in Ukraine. They are too few and too unmotivated for war outside of their homeland, where young men have been fleeing their country to avoid conscription.

Outside of terroristic threats of a nuclear response, Russia is not equipped or prepared or wealthy enough to pursue world domination—but China is. The only threat Russia poses is an alliance with China that would ultimately result in Russia being eaten alive because there is no love lost between the two.

Tucker Carlson is not a reliable meter. All governments should be questioned. Including Ukraine's. That doesn't change the fact that Russia invaded Ukraine.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
11/2/2022, 9:07 am
I haven't read all of the arguments

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt:

Despite Russia’s huge geographical land mass, its population is smaller that that of the United States, and like the U.S., its armed forces are a small fraction of its population. Without its strategic nuclear forces, Russia has only a navy with few friendly ports and an army that has repeatedly proven ineffective for decades (unless subduing small, defenseless neighbors).

China rapidly expands its influence with “Belt and Road” blackmail and military growth every day and poses a real and ever-increasing threat worldwide. Russia lacks that capability.

Russia may use its energy resources to gain income and blackmail Europe, but Russia’s armed forces have failed in Angola, Afghanistan Syria, and are struggling in Ukraine. They are too few and too unmotivated for war outside of their homeland, where young men have been fleeing their country to avoid conscription.

Outside of terroristic threats of a nuclear response, Russia is not equipped or prepared or wealthy enough to pursue world domination—but China is. The only threat Russia poses is an alliance with China that would ultimately result in Russia being eaten alive because there is no love lost between the two.

I know this. That makes my post more significant. This is not just about Ukraine. I don't want war. But if other assholes want to start a fight then there's an obligation to deal with them. I hate this. It brings tears to my eyes. Over 300.000 are already dead or wounded. All because a bunch of assholes couldn't live peacefully with a neighbour. Think about that.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
11/2/2022, 9:01 am
11/1/2022, 9:16 am

Kommisar al-Blogunov:

Two things missing from your post:

1. An explanation of your call for Republicans to support Ukraine. Why Republicans? Why now? Have Republicans done something to predicate such a call?

2. A definition of “support Ukraine.” I defined three possible levels of support, you defined none.

Also noteworthy is how you tagged steadfast opposition to Democrat policy as “tribalism,” at a time when it is staggeringly obvious that Democrat policy is poisonous and destructive. It’s not tribalism to choose sanity and common sense over chaotic madness, it’s the only rational choice.

Republican support for Ukraine seems like an invented issue, especially with only days before one of the most consequential elections of our lifetime,

My Dear Comrade,

Here's what I'm getting at...

1. One of my primary Ukrainian sources (Denys Davydov) who does regular updates expressed concern over continuing support for Ukraine after our elections.  Some Republicans have voted against aid to Ukraine, so I'm hopeful they'll keep the international picture in perspective while dealing with much needed domestic relief from recent stupid policies.

2. "Support for Ukraine" will change as the situation changes.  Today, HIMARS and replacement parts for power stations, tomorrow, perhaps concrete and drywall to rebuild what Russian artillery has destroyed.  It's a dynamic situation and the needs will change.  We should support with appropriate and timely aid.

I may have misunderstood, "To put it simply: whatever Democrats want badly should be rejected by Republicans automatically." and taken it too literally, so forgive me if that's the case.  But I do have friends and acquaintances who will judge the worthiness of a cause by which tribe supports it.  As a recovering tribalist, I think an issue needs to be evaluated more objectively.  I completely agree that the Democrat agenda is not far from pure Bolshevism, and that they generally detest the Constitution as an obstacle to absolute power and want to "burn down the system" and replace it with Marxism.  I could certainly say more, but I'll stop there.  It's just that on Ukraine, the broken clock of this administration has told the time rightly, and I want to see generous support for Ukraine continue so they can keep the initiative they've fought for and push Russia out.

Anyway, I'll end here.  From experience I know that such exchanges can become lengthy dissertations on choices over a turn of phrase.

Together in the Struggle for the Greater Good™,

Komissar al-Blogunov

11/2/2022, 12:27 pm
Together in the Struggle for the Greater Good™
Comrade Komissar al-Blogunov:

Thank you for your excellent clarification!!!

Col. O.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
11/2/2022, 1:02 pm
11/2/2022, 12:27 pm
Together in the Struggle for the Greater Good™
Comrade Komissar al-Blogunov:

Thank you for your excellent clarification!!!

Col. O.
Пожалуйста, товарищ.