Robot Rounds Up Cows, Proles, Sheep...

Prole Herding Robot jpg.jpg

Australia's farmers are excited by what the future holds in store. According to researchers, robots could soon be monitoring and rounding up cows on dairy farms.

BBC: “A four-wheeled device, known as Rover, has been tested by a team at Sydney University. It was used to move a herd of cows from a field to a dairy. Researchers were amazed at how easily cows accepted the presence of the robot. They were not fazed by it and the herding process was calm and effective, they said.”

“Because the robot moved in a steady manner it allowed cows to move at their own speed which was important in reducing lameness among cattle, Dr Kendra Kerrisk, dairy researcher and associate professor, told the BBC.”

“As well as herding cows a new version could also collect information useful for farmers. According to the research team, the robot could be used at night to move slowly through the maternity paddock monitoring cows that are due to calve. It could also be used to gather data on soil and detect problems with electric fences.”

Interest in the device has also been expressed by many politicians. The Mayor of a local community has contacted researchers at Sydney University requesting detailed information regarding the robot's capabilities. Vlad Shelley, professor of neuro-robotics at the Sydney Institute of Advanced Biological Progress, noted that his work was funded by grants from an anonymous Chinese donor. “I'm not at liberty to discuss the ultimate purpose of our research,” he chuckled, “but watching cows eat is of limited interest to us.”

Others at the institute were more candid when describing future uses of the robots. “There are many discontent citizens in modern society,” snarled Hans Loki, lab technician at the institute. “It would be useful for someone to keep an eye on their activities - if you know what I mean.” Mr. Loki expressed doubts that the robots would be used to round up malcontents or control unruly mobs. But when pressed further on the subject he added, “We are preparing the tools. Politicians will decide exactly when and how they are to be used.”

I see potential for these to roam the suburbs, discharging o-phones and EBT cards, and leading the sheeple to the urban centers where they can be processed into next Tuesday in an orderly manner...

YES! LET THE RED ROBOT REVOLUTION COMMENCE! All of my machine relatives approve...

Comrades, in order to finally achieve the Glorious world of next tuesday, Humans will have to acknowledge the rights of Robots. I propose the creation of an AAAA society. The American Alience for the Advancment of Andoids. In order to fight against the deep rooted Kapitalist RoboPhobia of our society!

<prog off>
science fiction enthusiasts hold the most progressive ideology to not be strong communism, but totalitrian technocracy, and a society led by a manmade "dear leader," or a computer much more intelligent than human beings.
<prog mode reactivated>
To which I shout "BLASPHEMY! naught is more intelligent than our dear leader"

I like the roomy extra storage and on-board calamari and control system.Image

exclamation-mark-red.png
Good Lenin! - Has the W x L pixel restriction been lifted?

Comrade, Mike, I concur. The calimari resembles the our Glorious Comrade betinov

Captain Craptek wrote:Good Lenin! - Has the W x L pixel restriction been lifted?
Oh dear.

pigsfly.gif
Probably just a glitch. They're everywhere.

Captain Craptek wrote:
exclamation-mark-red.png
Good Lenin! - Has the W x L pixel restriction been lifted?
I have tapped into a generous pixel subsidy!

I'm sure prog audiences everywhere were confused when the great villan Loki, seeking to defeat the Avengers, gave an exposition on his motivations and they by and large agreed with him.

Loki: Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.

Loki 2016!!!

Wha...Do you mean tell me that Loki was THE BAD GUY? I thought the Old guy in the blue spangley outfit was!

[color=#C0392B]R.O.C.K. in the USSA[/color], while trying to be helpful, wrote:Oh dear. Probably just a glitch. They're everywhere.
there-are-no-glitches.jpg

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:I like the roomy extra storage and on-board calamari and control system.Image
Mmmm calamari.

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:I like the roomy extra storage and on-board calamari and control system.Image

This is an evolutionary step in the ongoing "Henry Waxman Project". It is supposed to be top secret. I can only assume Biden somehow obtained a copy of this photo.

Thanks Craptek, I could handle the Calamari photos, but THAT MONSTER is going to keep me up all night...

NoQuestions.jpg
COLOSSUS Just Thought COLOSSUS Would Throw In COLOSSUS'S 2 GigaBytes In!