Russian students demand to put Obama on trial: VIDEO

Russian_Students_Obama_Crimes.jpg
If you've been wondering where you could get a collection of anti-American conspiracy theories digested into a few short soundbites, here's a latest short video message, in which several choreographed groups of Russian students recite a scripted declaration demanding to try President Obama for crimes against humanity. English subtitles have been provided.

For those who speak Russian, notice a curious misspelling in the school name on the banner held by one of the groups in the Crimea: "VernaNdsky." Could this be a sign that the banner had been hastily put together for this video, along with everything else?

These are only several schools out of hundreds, and the fact that a Crimean school was chosen for this project alongside with those in mainland Russia points to a couple of things:

(a) a conscious attempt to reinforce the idea that the Crimea is a legitimate part of Russia and
(b) obliviousness on part of the creators and all the participants that the illegitimate takeover of the Crimea by Russian troops was, in fact, a very real violation of the international law - unlike the vague Cold-War-style cliches regurgitated by these young skulls full of mush.

These kids likely believe every word they say, without realizing that their script is to a much greater extent applicable to their own leader Vladimir Putin and his government. This video is another proof that Russia has perfected propaganda to an art form, with the capability to brainwash people even when alternative information is readily available (something I didn't have growing up).

Russian students demand to judge Barack Obama for his crimes. Appeal to the United Nations.

Red Square wrote:These kids likely believe every word they say, without realizing that their script is to a much greater extent applicable to their own leader Vladimir Putin and his government.
[OFF]

Change out the names and places, remove the UN talk, and it could probably be applied to almost every national leader in history.

Image Comrade Stierlitz - "everybody is doing it" is how you arrive at moral equivalency and slip into moral relativity, and this is how they win. Compare this to the Democrats accusing the Republicans of the misdeeds they themselves have committed or are about to commit, so that later they can say "everybody is doing it."

There indeed are parallels here, but of another kind. I'd like to quote Comrade M84 from another thread where I posted this video in the comments, before I decided to make it into a separate post. He's talking about the brainwashed children:

M84 wrote:Given what their American counterparts believe, that they'll swallow the whole package of lies of a guy like Sanders, elect Obama twice, etc., I think both sides are showing that, just because information is THERE, you can't force anyone to use it. You can lead a horse to water and all that... I look at these kids and see a future I fear this country will arrive at sooner rather than later unless we sharply change course before then...
DITTO.

[OFF] What are you on? I have many friends in Crimea that say that Russia has not sent any troops.

There was a LEGAL VOTE to join Crimea back into Russia.

Capitalist Pig wrote:[OFF] What are you on? I have many friends in Crimea that say that Russia has not sent any troops.

There was a LEGAL VOTE to join Crimea back into Russia.
Capitalist Pig - is this one of those friends?

Baghdad_Bob_Crimea.jpg
Crimea_Russian_Troops_2.jpg
Crimea_Russian_Troops_1.jpg

I don't have time right now to engage in this pointless debate, so this is the last post I'm going to make on this thread about the Crimean takeover. I suggest you do the same.

Red Square wrote:Image Comrade Stierlitz - "everybody is doing it" is how you arrive at moral equivalency and slip into moral relativity, and this is how they win. Compare this to the Democrats accusing the Republicans of the misdeeds they themselves have committed or are about to commit, so that later they can say "everybody is doing it."

There indeed are parallels here, but of another kind. I'd like to quote Comrade M84 from another thread where I posted this video in the comments, before I decided to make it into a separate post. He's talking about the brainwashed children:

M84 wrote:Given what their American counterparts believe, that they'll swallow the whole package of lies of a guy like Sanders, elect Obama twice, etc., I think both sides are showing that, just because information is THERE, you can't force anyone to use it. You can lead a horse to water and all that... I look at these kids and see a future I fear this country will arrive at sooner rather than later unless we sharply change course before then...
DITTO.

[OFF]

Allow me to clarify. This is propaganda, right? Well, if you switched out the names and the places, you could create propaganda against any leader in history. Furthermore, I was trying to illustrate and agree with you that while these students talked poorly of Obama, their own leader Putin hasn't had such a golden career as they seemingly believe he does.

Here's an example of what I was getting at:

Original statement paraphrased and condensed:
Obama is a criminal because of the deaths of Libyans and Yugoslavians.

Formula:
{ENTITY} is a criminal because of the {PERCEIVED CRIME} against {PERCEIVED VICTIM}.

Formula repurposed for various propagandic purposes:

-Thomas Jefferson is a criminal because of the Declaration of Independence against The British Empire. (Possible British propaganda against the US in the colonial days)
-King George is a criminal because of taxation without representation against the American colonies. (Flipside of the previous statement)
-America is a criminal because of the capitalist system which is against the proletariat. (Possible USSR Propaganda against the US)
-Rome is a criminal because of the conquest of lands and war against the Grecians and the Carthaginians. (Propaganda against Ancient Rome)
-Imperial Japan is a criminal because of the Bombing of Pearl harbor against the US. (Obvious what this propaganda is)
-The US is a criminal because of the bombings of Nagasaki and Hiroshima against Imperial Japan. (Flipside of the above)
-The British Empire is a criminal because of the conquest against India, Africa, China, and the Native Americans.

What I was getting at is that you could use the same premise in the video to uphold any viewpoint you want and create any sort of propaganda you want. What I was NOT trying to say is that the video is truth and any sort of modification of names and dates is truth. The video is propaganda and most propaganda involves lying and exaggeration, and this video isn't any different. The Imperial Japan and King George one above are true, albeit exaggerated, and the rest of them are wrong. But they all use the same framework to create a story which can be used to rally public opinion against someone. That's what I was trying to communicate.

And I also agree with you that relativism is, to put it lightly, a horrible idea. As far as I'm concerned, relativism only works in theory and in isolation, if you just look at the names, dates, and events it works just barely with a lot of mental acrobatics, but once you consider the motives, the policies, and etc., it falls apart. For example, one might say that Israel's treatment of Palestine is a lot like Nazi Germany's treatment of the Jewish people, I've seen the argument made before. That may be true on the surface, but once you look at the motives it falls apart. Nazi Germany did it because of a psychopath's obsession with genetic purity. Israel does it because they're getting bombed and harassed all the time. In this example, Nazi Germany is in the wrong while Israel is in the right.

Apologies for any misunderstanding, I really should have explained myself further.

Comrade Stierlitz -

Point taken. That was obviously a misunderstanding. Gulag will have to wait.

Red Square wrote:Comrade Stierlitz -

Point taken. That was obviously a misunderstanding. Gulag will have to wait.

ALARM! Red (Square) Alert! Shovel bearers to the perimeter!

An imposter (probably an FBI agent with an iPhone) has hacked into the interwebs of People's Director Red Square and un-proggishly made him appear benevolent and caring about the opinions of others!

Delay of a purging to gulag? LISTENING to the point of view of another? People's Director Red Square MAKES point of view, and listens only to Dear Leader (PBUH) and maybe Mrs. Red Square.

Until this intruder is subdued, all posts by "xe who identifies as Red Square" are suspect...Use caution!

"He has to be punishment for thousands of take-away lives!" Well, yeah. I've always thought he was punishment for something.

The Islamic Republic of Iran is not far behind.

Our Iranian friend Banafsheh sent us this propaganda image. Her comments and translation are below. Reminded me of our Susan Sarandon thread.

Iran_elections_Obama.jpg
As you may have heard, today is the Khomeiniist regime's parliamentary (s)elections in Iran. In a nutshell, it's nothing more than a vulgar joke window-dressing for Westerners who want to whitewash the reality of terrorist regime that has been occupied Iran since 1979.

The image I've included above are posters printed by the regime. The while one reads:
  • "The tenth round of Islamic parliamentary elections and the fifth round of the Assembly of Experts. People's hearts are in the hands of God..."
  • And the photo of Obama reads: "Elections, elections.....ALWAYS A LOSER"

Red Square wrote:The Islamic Republic of Iran is not far behind.

Our Iranian friend Banafsheh sent us this propaganda image. Her comments and translation are below. Reminded me of our Susan Sarandon thread.

Iran_elections_Obama.jpg
As you may have heard, today is the Khomeiniist regime's parliamentary (s)elections in Iran. In a nutshell, it's nothing more than a vulgar joke window-dressing for Westerners who want to whitewash the reality of terrorist regime that has been occupied Iran since 1979.

The image I've included above are posters printed by the regime. The while one reads:
  • "The tenth round of Islamic parliamentary elections and the fifth round of the Assembly of Experts. People's hearts are in the hands of God..."
  • [highlight=#ffff00]And the photo of Obama reads: "Elections, elections.....ALWAYS A LOSER"[/highlight]

My goodness, the Zika virus has acquired yet another host! Mon Dieu! (Merde.)