Sacramento struggles for better hygiene among cab drivers

[img]/images/Cab_Drivers_Smell_Hygiene.png[/img]

Sacramento Cabbies Upset Over Proposed Hygiene, Dress Code Requirements

Glorious news, Comrades: Government is encroaching into daily lives more and more! We shall soon be told what to wash, how often, how fast, and how much... FORWARD!

New proposed rules for cab drivers in Sacramento are causing some cabbies to think they're being taken for a ride. At a time when competition for cabs has never been more fierce, drivers say the new rules, including a dress code and hygiene guidelines, are just not fair.

Ahmid Mahmoud is fired up about the proposed changes. “We don't have rent to pay? We don't have bills to pay?” he said. So he's lining up his fellow drivers to take on City Hall.

The city is considering putting stricter rules in place for Sacramento taxi drivers including:

- Making sure vehicles are no more than 8 years old,
- A dress code of a collared shirt and slacks,
- Making it mandatory for all taxis to accept credit cards,
- and a new policy requiring drivers to be hygienically clean.

“That's very insulting for me, and for all drivers,” Mahmoud said, calling the last requirement unnecessary.

At least I'm not being blamed for the sorry condition of their cabs. I suppose that's something to be thankful for today. Anyway, we need more city officials like the one mentioned in the last paragraph of the article. She's making sure that her problem is now EVERYONE'S problem. Sharing. It's only fair to spread the misery.

"The quiz would include directional questions: [highlight=#ffff00]One city official[/highlight] says a cabbie didn't know how to take her five blocks from City Hall to the Capitol."

Captain Craptek wrote: "The quiz would include directional questions: [highlight=#ffff00]One city official[/highlight] says a cabbie didn't know how to take her five blocks from City Hall to the Capitol."

And they wonder why I prefer to take the underground.... but then again, I'm just a lowly bednyak, not one of the political elite who knows better. In a Brave New World, not everyone can be an alpha or a beta, but some of us just have to settle being a gamma, because "gammas are good". Bring on Next Tuesday™

When told he needed to be spiffed up a bit, taxi driver Ahmid Mahmoud was heard to say "You talkin' to me ...."!?

taxi-trunk-1.jpg

Armpit washing is so western kapitalist in nature. The bourgeois habit of taking a shower needs to be denounced here and now! Good Marxists don't worship at the altar of soap and water. Just look at the komrades of Occupy Wall Street!

Breaking news

The city of Sacramento has proposed a compromise with Ahmed Mahmoud. He isn't required to take a shower so long as he submits to a tongue bath by a St Bernard twice a week

Uber.jpg
Meanwhile, in related news, the glorious city of Seattle has set caps on the number of cars independent companies like Uber - which provides quality rides via their online app, with the option of viewing reviews of your driver before hiring him or her and then reviewing him or her after.

Comrades, Big Taxi has no room for these young upstarts and their "quality service"!!

More developments

After Ahmed Mahmoud responded to the initial offer with a -- May the fruit of the tree of Zaqqum boil your intestines even as your skin is blackened by the heat of the Blazing Fire -- the City Council of Sacramento countered with, "OK, how about one full body lick a week from a Great Dane; and that's our final offer!"

Is Not Too Frequent Bathing considered a Waste Of The Peoples' Water?!?! All Good, Reliable progs have been demonstrating for Years that Global Water Shortage Is The Next "U.S. Nuclear Arms" "Global Cooling" "Global Warming" "Climate Change" Threat!!! So why can't These Shamefully Pampered Bourgeois Counter-Revolutionary Revanchist Taxi-Patrons learn Be Made to live with revel in The Inspiring Daily Essence Of My Our All Peoples' Kollecktive Farms?

Their fare at oh-dark thirty may be heaving his drunken guts into the back seat but the driver will be spiffy clean. Noted.

Water? Soap? Who needs such? Even non-cats (i.e., those who do not have self-cleaning equipment) may clean selves by scraping with dull butter knives. For extra cleansing, one may first apply oil on soiled surfaces and then clean off dirt and oil together with said butter knives. Even ancient Romans knew about this.

I do not recommend motor oil for this process, however. Fie on petrochemicals and their big fat carbon pawprints.

Each driver should be issued a Government subsidized bamboo and charcoal body suit.
https://www.cobone.com/deals/nationalua ... aper/10578

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:Each driver should be issued a Government subsidized bamboo and charcoal body suit.
https://www.cobone.com/deals/nationalua ... aper/10578

Comrade,

Why weren't we made aware of these devices till now? Just look at these features!

[highlight=#FFFF00]*Eliminates 88-95% of odor and can also absorbs toxic chemicals such as sulfide, nitride, methanol, benzene, phenol[/highlight]

Note 1: This could use some improving. The 5-12% odor not eliminated can be deadly. On the plus side of the ledger, it does remove bomb making residue.

[highlight=#FFFF00]*Bamboo charcoal is rich in calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, manganese and phosphorus[/highlight]

Note 2: High in nutrition, too. (could use a touch of Vitamin A though)

[highlight=#FFFF00]*Valid for 30 days from date of purchase[/highlight]

Note 3: Then you begin to stink again - I guess.

[highlight=#FFFF00]*Please email your contact details and a copy of your ID to [email protected] at earliest Delivery within 2 week after deal closing[/highlight]

Note 4: Racist! Requires I.D. + you continue to stink for 2 weeks while waiting. All things considered, not a bad investment.