Shocking discovery at Disney's Hall of Presidents

Three “imagineers” have been reemployed at Disney's Hall of Presidents after a surprise discovery. The three technicians had been working on the animatronic version of President Biden, but the Bidenbot encountered so many technical difficulties that they were nearly let go from Disney late last week.

“We were totally baffled,” said Wen Li, who was in charge of programming the Biden lookalike. “We were so proud of our advanced technology that allowed it to read cue cards and recite them in a normal voice with appropriate inflection. It was really a significant leap forward.”

“You got that right,” added Glenroy Ferguson, who worked on the interior mechanics of the Bidenbot. “I mean Wendy (that's what we call her) is an outstandin' programmer, and yet nothin' Biden said made any sense at all. We'd put a cue card in front of him remindin' him to talk about the economy or some such thang, and then he'd go on about his hairy legs. Couldn't make head nor tails of it.”

“That's when they let us go,” said project manager Selvakumaran “Kumar” Singh. We put so many hours with long days and nights to have this latest addition to the Hall of Presidents ready on time, and it just failed. As you can imagine, we were so saddened that not only did our project fail, but we were given our two weeks' notice.”

“I can't put into words how we all felt,” said Glenroy. We went out for some drinks at Howl at the Moon ‘cause that sure is how we felt. We wasn't talkin' much, but then I looked up at the TV and wouldn't you know it? There was the president makin' some remarks about somethin' or other, and he looked like he was readin' off of some cue cards. Anyway, he was nailin' whatever it was somebody put in front of him, and then I noticed the suit. Now if it wasn't ironic enough that there we were watchin' Biden on the TV, I noticed he was wearin' the same suit as the Bidenbot we'd been workin' on. I said, ‘Hey, y'all, lookit that!' and I think it hit us all at the same time. We all looked at each other, and since Wendy had drunk the least, she stood up and said, ‘I'm driving!'”

“We flew back to Disney,” said Kumar, “and hurried to the Hall of Presidents. We were horrified that our Biden wasn't there even though by now we suspected that it was the real president that kept malfunctioning. We quickly decided who would search which park and set out right away.”

“That's when I found him,” said Wen Li. “I saw an old man wearing aviator shades on Main Street sniffing Snow White's hair. He was telling her that all he needed to retake Afghanistan was a double barreled shotgun. I think we found him just in time. No wonder my attempts to program him failed, it wasn't our robot!”

“I tell you, we done called everbody,” said Glenroy. “I called the sheriff, the FBI, the White House, all of ‘em, and I said, ‘Hey, we got your president!' Finally, some guy at the White House said, ‘We know. Your Biden works so much better that we decided to switch him out for the president.' Still ain't figured out how they pulled that off. Anyway, we made a deal with the White House so they kept our Biden 1.0, we made a Biden 2.0 for the Hall of Presidents, and we kept the real Biden, got him a bomber jacket and all, and now he poses with tourists who think he's a Biden impersonator.”

“We call it a win-win,” said Wen Li who couldn't resist a good pun.

I'm sure, it's an oguryets case. . (no worry, comrades: I'll circle back to that, later)

Are we sure they got the right Biden in the right spot? I mean, how would you know...?

This surely means he can do more than two terms! Two for the real version, two for the Robobiden version. (And maybe another two for the trans-living undead version).

Panem Et Circenses wrote:Are we sure they got the right Biden in the right spot? I mean, how would you know...?
A full sentence with a subject and a verb indicates artificial intelligence.

Minitrue wrote:This surely means he can do more than two terms! Two for the real version, two for the Robobiden version. (And maybe another two for the trans-living undead version).
What a constitutional can of worms this opens. On the other hand, maybe if Trump does a Grover Cleveland and wins in '24, his animatronic lookalike can run in '28.