SPITZER TO PROSECUTE SELF!

POLL: Should Comrade Spitzer stay in office?

You may select 1 option

Dear Friends!

I have been in touch with People's Representative and illustrious enemy of the Wall Street "Fat Cat," our own renowned Comrade Spitzer. He has told me that he takes the allegations against himself very seriously. So seriously that he, the world's most talented and honest prosecutor, has decided to prosecute his own case! How lucky we are that he has stepped in to provide justice in this matter!

Of course Brother Spitzer's current duties make it impossible for him to prosecute given his busy schedule. (One can understand given the need for his continued efforts on our behalf in Albany and Washington.) Therefore, the case will begin promptly at the end of his third term as Governor (unless the people demand he run for President of course). I ask all of you to thank the good Governor for his selfless dedication to the law and public service in this matter.

Sincerely,

Dr. Fuku

FOR THE RECORD: I was not in New York recently and I know nothing of this prostitute ring that New York Governor Spitzer is, according to the right-wing MSM, “involved” in. I also know nothing of D.C brothels although I may or may have not been in one recently.

Now then, with that said, I do know a thing or two about prostitution rings and I know that Republicans usually run them and engage frequently in them – that is, of course, when they aren't in the men's room tapping their feet and rubbing the stall (which should be the real story here). I also know that Republicans deliberately set Governor Spitzer up because Republicans are mean and dirty people who like to frame innocent Democrats and get involved in our personal lives. And that is what this is – it's personal.

What Governor Spitzer does with his prostitution ring is his private business and should not be up for discussion in a public forum – it simply isn't our business. It is also not our business to judge men who rather sleep with a floozy as opposed to his life-partner – once again, it simply isn't our business. It also isn't our business to claim that there is substantial evidence proving his guilt in this fiasco which warrants his removal from office – it isn't our business, period. No, Governor Spitzer's personal life is his business and what Larry Craig does in a stall is the real story here – he is a Republican and therefore must be mocked, ridiculed and the butt of all jokes – whereas Governor Spitzer is but a mere human being who made a very bad mistake for which he apologized for. Enough said.

But I for one am happy that the media, Democrats (see: media) and others are together – arm-in-arm and hand-in-hand – in defending this man's right to pay a woman – or “morally exploit her at a decent price” – for sexual favors. It is our Government given right to purchase sexual objects – whether they are human or not – and do as we see fit so long as we pay for their services. And I know Governor Spitzer paid for his prostitute(s) and therefore this story is a non-issue and we need to just Move On™ and redirect the nation's attention to more pressing matters like how cool Barack Obama is, how old and white John McCain is, and how our country is falling apart under the burdensome weight of a failing capitalistic system with oppressive elements of personal-responsibility, hard work and other forms of tyranny mixed in along with this “free-market” crap. Yes, that is what we should be focused on as opposed to being focused on a silly story like the Governor of a major U.S state getting caught breaking a law that he has thrown others in the clink for breaking. That, Comrades, is what we call a non-issue and it would be best if everyone just forgets this whole mess ever happened.

Thank you,

Meow S. Punchenko

I'm glad our Comrades at the Daily Kos are taking the news well:

it's not clear yet (1+ / 0-)

that he did commit a crime.

There is more to truth than increasing its spin

by hearthmoon on Mon Mar 10, 2008 at 06:03:25 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

Over at Albany Project (0 / 0)

There's speculation about whether any laws actually were violated, at least by Spitzer.

There is more to truth than increasing its spin

by hearthmoon on Mon Mar 10, 2008 at 06:04:57 PM PDT

[ Parent ]

And, of course, my personal favorite:

This reeks

(0 / 0)

of a planned smear attack. the delay in release of the information. The unbelievable story about how this information was obtained. The sudden appearance of many calling for Spitzer's ousting. The blurring of the fact that he has not committed a crime.

This stinks of Republican / Rovian smear tactics. I bet, because Spitzer was stepping on a lot of corrupted toes, they launched a Clinton-esc "get anything on him, now matter what you have to do it" attack. So they have this "tsk- tsk" thing, and blow it up to try to bring him down. And I gather the man in the middle of this is a Bush puppet.

#1- I hope this blows up in the Repugs's faces, because they have done far worse and THEY are the ones that need to resign.
#2- Let's dig through this and find out the real story, before it becomes a reprise of the Alabama governor in jail story. Expose the players. I bet the trail will lead right back to the White House.

Illegitimus non carborundum

by azureblue on Mon Mar 10, 2008 at 09:17:30 PM PDT
<br>[ Parent ]

I knew George Bush was behind this! I just knew it!
<A href="<A">

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote: I knew George Bush was behind this! I just knew it!
<A href="<A">

Chairman, as always, you are right. Notice how the reich-wing media is saying that federal authorities wiretapped Spitzer... in other words, BUSH WAS SPYING ON SPITZER'S PHONE CALLS!

A Democrat take on this. Someone found it on a liberal site and emailed it to us...

The Madame Speaker just text messaged me saying that she doesn't buy this story. She thinks the tapes/audio were all produced by the RNC and she knows for a fact that Eliot isn't into "hookers and sluts" (her words, not mine) since his wife is a "foxy tramp I would like to pounce" (her words, not mine). If the Madame Speaker doesn't believe it I don't see how I could.

Your Excellency,

The Madame Speaker has asked me to ask you what the Party should do concerning the Spitzer fiasco. Obviously your proximity to such a douche bag will not bode well with the voting public and already we are having a hard enough time convincing people that you are better than that black guy. Nancy has suggested the Party gives Spitzer the “Sunday Special” which would be weeklong celebrations of his works and good deeds to the Party and the People, a standing ovation, a plaque and statue on Wall Street (one that will NOT bare his resemblance or name for revisionist purposes) followed by a full PURGE by the Party faithful for absolute and total FAILURE. I for one support this move since it would invigorate the Party faithful with a sense of bloodthirsty pride which only you, Hillary Rodham Clinton, could ever give them. It will also show the masses that Bread and Purges is a lot better than “Hope and Change”.

Your humble servant,

Chairman Meowsevitch S. Punchenko

He he... he looks funny in that picture....

Is anyone certain that Brother Spitzer wasn't just tagging along with Bill Clinton to keep him out of trouble? It looks innocent enough for any true Progressive. How dare they question the Governor of Hillary's beloved State! This smells of a RNC smear campaign.

I don't understand why our Comrades at the Daily Kos are angry - that is, angry about Spitzer's meltdown. If we use their "Who profits" formula as the core argument and damning accusation, then the finger stops at Obama.

So far Obama is leading Hillary in the number of delegates, but Hillary's hidden weapon is her influence over the superdelegates. Spitzer was such a superdelegate and he was loyal to the Empress. With him out of the way, Obama's chances to win the nomination grow significantly. Therefore, according to the progressive logic, it was Obama who set up Spitzer, hooked him up with the prostitutes, wiretapped him, and filed the federal complaint. Obama will demand that Spitzer steps down, while Hillary will support the Steamroller Governor and oppose the resignation.

So dear Daily Kos Comrades - this is all Obama's doing. It's your gain, actually. You just added three more inches to your manhood!

This is not to say they should stop pounding Bush or anything. A healthy dose of HBO never hurt anybody. Keeping up with the impression that we live in a fascist dictatorship is good for the advancement of the Revolution!

The Wall Street Journal wrote:As a prosecutor, Mr. Spitzer didn't hesitate to bully his targets. His hardball tactics continue even now when his adversary is himself. "I will be coming after you," he said this morning while looking at himself in the mirror while shaving. "You will pay the price." At breakfast Mr. Spitzer denied he had threatened himself, saying it was all a misunderstanding.

Oh goodness, I just Spitzered all over my desk!!!

Spitzer ad, 2006:

Did you see that? He never came to Morality Way. Opps. Some kid must have turned the sign around.

I got lost on Trustworhty Turnpike and ended up in Corruption Circle which is one of those dreaded cul-de-sacs. I have been driving aimlessly in Corruption Circle since I can remember and have yet to find a way out - it is a vicious cycle, you see. At least now I will have Eliot Spitzer to keep me company for which I am grateful.

He never came to Morality Way. Opps.

Nope, he chose to go down Whore Highway and took a left on to Trangender Junction.

Anonymous
Margaret wrote:Spitzer ad, 2006:

Did you see that? He never came to Morality Way. Oops. Some kid must have turned the sign around.

He missed Responsibility Road and turned down the Hershey Highway. Such are the perils of ignoring your GPS system!

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:....and redirect the nation's attention to more pressing matters like how cool Barack Obama is

OK, now I am concerned. Chairman, are you aware that Zampolit tried to hypnotize you yesterday into praising Obama?

I was headed down Integrity Lane on my way to Morality Manor. However, some rogue teenage thugs had switched the signs, and next thing you know I was on Slippery Slope Street. U turns was not allowed so I tried to go back via Deception Drive. That of course led to My Way Freeway. I was tempted to try Corruption Circle, but the traffic watch on the radio keeps warning about a Kennedy Cop racing in circles there.

Wasn't Spitzer, in that commercial, just describing how his whore should travel to his room in D.C.

RIK