Support The Guantanamo Detainees

I am a strong womyn, but even I shed a tear when I saw this picture.

Gitmo_Book.jpg

Listen to the people:

Not only would Bush slit your throat and dangle your severed head in Union Square, he puts people in jail on the merest suspicion of crimes, with no charges, and locks them up for years, and if you seemed like you would get in his program's way he would do the same to you. We don't want to accept this anymore, we refuse to be ruled in this way any longer, stop supporting this and get down with the resistance.

And how should we respond to those who support the detention of our brothers at Guantanamo?

You are a bastard, and I hope some day a foreign power invades this country, sweeps you up off the street and sends you to be tortured for years on end, with no legal recourse. You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting the torture of these detainees, who may not be guilty of a single crime. Fuck you, you murdering son of a bitch.

PEOPLE!!! THE WORLD CAN'T WAIT!! DRIVE OUT THE BUSH REGIME!! SMASH THE FASCIST STATE!!

THIS MAKES MY RED STOMACH QUEASY! Do you all really comprehend the severe violation to the Constitutional Rights of the Guantanamo detainees? They were served the vile Bell Pepper rice pilaf with their lemon chicken with mango chutney instead of apricot rice pilaf. And from what I heard - Bush even served them "Uncle Ben's" brand bell rice. Can you imagine the hurt, sadness and frustration the detainees must feel having to choose starvation or rice made by an oppressed brother of color. . . who doesn't even know how to make apricot rice pilaf?

Damn those fascist b*stard dogs! Their day will come, and right soon I suspect - our Linen's 'n' Things wardrobe shopping friends of Middle Eastern descent will blow up another wedding - maybe this time in Europe or America! The end is very near for the Bushitlerburton machine of hate and terror. THEY MUST BE TAKEN TO THE NEAREST SOCCER STADIUM AND BEHEADED! NOW!

Chistka Councelor - good points - except you seem to have misspelled the name of the revolutionary chain - Lenin's'n'Things. That is what prescient Marx meant when he wrote that the proletarians had nothing to lose but their chains. Some other chains the proletarians might lose in the revolution will be Costco, Wal-Mart, KFC, Target, Best Buy...

Lenin's 'n' Things - yes - damn this cheap quality Halliburton vodka - it's not even Victory Vodka, which is why I am having problems with my brain. I'll bet that crappy decadently large "state" of Texas made my vodka loaded with harmful ingredients to proud upstanding Bolsheviks such as myself. I need to go to the nearest Whole Foods Commissary and pick up my alotment of Victory Vodka distilled by Komrade Kennedy.

And I'm sure it is just as you say - that gutless pig of the fascist regime "Ronald McDonald" will pay for his crimes against the People. I mean just look at Grimace for example - grossly disproportionate and addicted to the evil clown's fascist shake concoction. He cannot put down the shakes long enough to realize he is purple and shaped like that damn oppressive and decadent "Liberty" Bell. (Nice quality by the way Amerika! Your Bell of Oppression and Racism rang once and cracked! Ha! Ha! Bell of Revolution in Leningrad lasted for 72 years! Then of course some fascist hooligan destroyed it along with statue of Father Lenin, sick!)

Then you have the "Hamburgler". Nice - let's just resort to petty name calling and not resolve the problem as it should be properly. He is massively oppressed! The fruits of the Worker's labor are denied him and so yeah, what can he do but steal? I guarantee the jack booted dictator running Halliburton has no problem whatsoever getting all the hamburgers he wants from that damn counter-revolutionary clown. I'll bet he doesn't even have to pay for them. Everyone knows that when white people are alone together. . . they give things to each other. . . for free! Meanwhile the People's champion the "Hamburgler" - a dreamer of better things and a world where we all just get along is forced to resort to "stealing" the tasteless fast fascist food to merely survive! What the hell kind of world do we live in comrades where human beings are forced to steal to merely eat hamburgers, drink cases of Colt .45 nightly, or drive a Cadillac?

We all know this would not be the case once Hillary's 8-year plan is begun in earnest. This "Hamburgler" will be given a glorious apartment, food and what he really wants most of all - a job where he can perform for the People and not worry about having to steal his food as would an animal!!

Now I need to purge my brain a little for misspelling "Lenins 'n' Things". You would think my autocorrect function on this computer would have caught that error immediately - but alas, the only computer the fascist society of privilege allowed your Purge Counselor is a duct taped Commodore 64 Personal Computer. So of course it would correct misspellings of the non-words "Christmas" and "Merit" but not of "Lenin's 'n' Things"- Superoutlet for our camel servicing Al Qaeda Proletariat allies.

Rejoice, comrade! The gutless pig of the fascist regime "Ronald McDonald" is getting his chops busted by a revolutionary minority group representative in this surveillance video.

But back to topic, comrades! Don't you wish the revolutionary activists had done the same street theater in the 1940s, depicting the Nazi prisoners in US custody in a way that would cause empathy among the onlookers? Don't you wish they had re-enacted the Nuremberg trial, with the gallows and all, and have volunteers dangling on ropes right in Times Square for all tourists to observe their masterly exposure of the fascist American dictatorship?

On the other hand, could all this be a mean-spirited provocation by a capitalist running dog group like Communists For Kerry, meant to make our activists look like spoiled brainless buffoons, which we're not?

Thomas Friedman
Don't you wish the revolutionary activists had done the same street theater in the 1940s, depicting the Nazi prisoners in US custody in a way that would cause empathy among the onlookers?

It's a good point that you raise about Nazi prisoners. In fact, now that Americans are finally recognizing their guilt in fighting the Japanese, it's time to seriously reconsider the Nazi question as well. True, they were fascists...but then, they also had some pretty good ideas about running a government. Bush could learn a thing or two by studying the Third Reich.

But mostly, we must make amends for killing SS soldiers without ascertaining their individual guilt. I wonder...why did we not have a trial for each soldier? How could we have killed them without giving each a court-appointed lawyer and a Miranda-rights reading?

I personally feel much guilt and pain over this.

There is no problem too big that it can't be solves with enough dynamite.

Tazzmax
We should not forget those capitolist pigs--Home Depot and Safeway.

Comrade Friedman:
Yeah - and what's worse - nazi prisoners of war were treated far worse by American troops then most historians let on! Well - let's face it - they were tortured. . . they were given "Polish" sausage as an obvious insult to their superiority (when they desried, and required bloodwurst). And, not only that: they were given cheap paperback versions of Mein Kampf to read while in American prisoner of war camps. And get this - U.S. News and People's Report said at the time that one of the American babykillers actually placed a copy of Mein Kampf in the toilet!! DAMMIT! DAMN IT ALL!

Plainly these nazi soldiers and their familes deserve compensation for these atrocities! Not only do I feel bad about it, but I want to cut off my own head or gas myself in protest of my tyrannical government! Damn that Roosevelt and Truman - fascist dogs who denied the loving nazi soldiers their U.S. Constitutional rights!

I'm a fully licensed chistka counselor and I know purging when it is necessary! Criminal Roosevelt, Truman and their familes should be dug out of their graves and strung up by their toes in "Washington D.C." (soon to be renamed Clintongrad once our glorious Hillary assumes total power!) Their relatives desperately need to be sent to the gulag for re-education! They should be the ones suffering in Guantanamo; forced to eat lemon herb encrusted chicken with Uncle Ben's oppressive slave made pomegranate rice pilaf!! Let them suffer as our poor, abused Al Qaeda brothers have suffered all these long years since Bush's illegal war began!!

And Comrade Red Square - it was a beautiful sight to see that son of a whore Halliburton clown taken down a notch by a Friend of the People! Now if we could just get the real criminal behind the whole sordid operation - the ringleader if you will, the Fuhrer of McDonaldland and all of Halliburtonia - "Mayor McCheese". Who elected this "Mayor" and why doesn't McDonald's allow a full accounting by the Florida Demokratic Party to analyze the supposed ballots of this election? What are they hiding? You know the disenfranchised and oppressed People of Color, the derogatorily monikered "fry guys" were denied their Constitutional right to vote. Though - sure, some of them were dead, and others recently parolled mass murderers - but hey - that's why our Constitution is so great! It's unfair that the dead have no voice in politics! We know how our fallen comrades would have wished to vote! Don't condescend to us and tell us we don't! And don't you dare deny the dead their U.S. Consitutional Rights our Founding Comrades guaranteed us!

Red Square wrote:Rejoice, comrade! The gutless pig of the fascist regime "Ronald McDonald" is getting his chops busted by a revolutionary minority group representative in this surveillance video.

Glorious Leader,

If you would like your own version of this symbol of Fascist Fast Food repression of the masses, to burn in effigy of whatever you like, I believe I have one in my storage locker... a... souvenir from my days of behaving badly as a teenager on the Steppes of the Canadian Prairies... I don't think I can get away with selling it on E-bay and I'm loathe not to find a use for it... such a waste not to recycle properly... I would happily donate it for the cause.

"Owning" up to bad behaviour in my teens - though not 'ownership'... that would just be wrong as all belongs to the Kollective.
S.M.O.

massively opiated wrote: If you would like your own version of this symbol of Fascist Fast Food repression of the masses, to burn in effigy of whatever you like, I believe I have one in my storage locker

Excellent idea, Sister M.O. Shipping it to New York would be too much trouble - but setting up a photo op with the FFF (Fascist Fast Food) oppressor paying for his crimes against the revolution would be good material for this site. Can you do a Show Trial and a subsequent execution in snapshorts? Better yet, on video? Or both? Can you edit videos?

Red Square wrote:
massively opiated wrote: If you would like your own version of this symbol of Fascist Fast Food repression of the masses, to burn in effigy of whatever you like, I believe I have one in my storage locker

Excellent idea, Sister M.O. Shipping it to New York would be too much trouble - but setting up a photo op with the FFF (Fascist Fast Food) oppressor paying for his crimes against the revolution would be good material for this site. Can you do a Show Trial and a subsequent execution in snapshorts? Better yet, on video? Or both? Can you edit videos?

Glorious Leader,

It can and will be done, but - by your leave - after my move at end of month... Things are in a tizzy of packing and painting. May creativity wait until computer and other equipment is safely ensconced in new home (and I can get on with creating Cubist Smiley Face Schemas as well.. have been doodling designs)... and I feel somehow that conflagration of fibreglass will be both safer and more lovely in snow.

At your service always, my Master (the Force is strong in you)
Sister. M.O.
(these aren't the missing Ronald McDonald statues you're looking for... sorry... went on Star Wars bender this weekend)

went on Star Wars bender this weekend)

How so?

Kommissar Betty wrote:
went on Star Wars bender this weekend)

How so?

Watched all six... I was going to say "in proper order" but I know of some purists who insist that means starting with episode IV and watching the 'old' version of VI that has the old Darth Vader, rather than young Anakin Skywalker at the end... We watched all six, Episode I through VI, and my geeky self and friends sat and explained for some time to my non-geeky S.O. why it took so long for the Empire to build the Death Star, and how it was originally supposed to be 9 episodes (but why Geo. Lucas won't be making them), and explained the graphic novels... and how these were the kinds of films, along with 2001, Bladerunner, Indiana Jones, Jaws, etc. (not to mention wonderful older films... as in, older than us) that made US want to make films... and since we watched with my two best friends from film school, it was an even longer drawn out process that required much comparison of original prints and effects to new digital medium (blah blah blah)... and all this after we'd been up with no sleep b/c of NIN concert Thursday night...

You will be edified, young Betty, to know that these film benders occur regularly - and that we regularly do one day of Bruce Lee and other classics followed by another day of CTHD/Hero/Kung Fu Hustle and now that it is out on DVD, House of Flying Daggers, as well as... yes... Savage Killers (Kung Pow! Enter the Fist)... Toronto has always had a large Chinese community with its own theatres, and so it's easy to find good Kung Fu and Karate movies, and there are many places that carry nothing but martial arts rentals... plus, I have a friend who's a third degree black belt... so I've been going to martial arts movies for a long time (though not always of my own free will)... I'm the only gurl in my group of geeky filmmaker friends (and I don't like chick flicks), and one of only three out of the twenty people who graduated in my year...

Sister Massively Opiated:

I loved the original 3 Star Wars movies as a kid. Then was so excited when that one came out in 1999. What I saw on the screen in 1999 did not even vaguely resemble what I saw in the 70's. I was pissed off to the max and refused to see the two that followed "Jar Jar Binx". I feel that Lucas is an arrogant kook who is well past his prime. If you watch certain interviews with him - he is seething with arrogance and a hyper sense of self-worth and importance. I loathe that sorry bastard now and will not watch anything else he makes. He is a loser. And I guess I can be called a "snob" but I am not French and I just don't like my memory of those great original 3 crapped on in his pathetic need for a return to glory when, again, he is well past his prime. I'm not saying he should up and die already - but really - as Garth used to say "Live in the now!"

Lucas = Dork

Sorry S.M.O - not to get into a pissing contest about the relative worth of various movies, but it had to be said about someone who, in my opinion, pissed on his own work - the original 3 Star Wars.

As for concerts - I just saw Paul McCartney on Saturday. He was amazing for his age. Though old by age - he played for over 3 hours and put on an unbelievable show, stocked with Beatles tunes. I had my doubts going to see a 63 year old rocker - but he was amazing. Any doubts? Please watch "Paul McCartney Live in Red Square" Did you get that Komrade Red Square? You should - it's about a Capitalist Pig playing in your beloved "Krasnaya Ploshad" mocking The People with "Back in the U.S.S.R."!!! And yes, he did play that one in concert Saturday right after (and I'm not joking about this) he contacted the international space station and spoke to the Russian cosmonaut and American astronaut on board on a screen behind his band!! It was hilarious - he was throwing up pictures of Lenin and Stalin while he sang the mocking Capitalist tune! Seriously Comrades - go watch that video - Live in Red Square. In it Russians are interviewed and actually say that "The Beatles" did more to beat communism then anything else because it showed the Soviets culture as junk and Western stuff as cool and quality.

Alright - enough of my concert review. Go rent that video - or better yet - go see him in concert - Private Pravda - that means you sir!

massively opiated
Chistka Counselor wrote:Sister Massively Opiated:
I loved the original 3 Star Wars movies as a kid. Then was so excited when that one came out in 1999. What I saw on the screen in 1999 did not even vaguely resemble what I saw in the 70's. I was pissed off to the max and refused to see the two that followed "Jar Jar Binx". I feel that Lucas is an arrogant kook who is well past his prime. If you watch certain interviews with him - he is seething with arrogance and a hyper sense of self-worth and importance. I loathe that sorry bastard now and will not watch anything else he makes. He is a loser. And I guess I can be called a "snob" but I am not French and I just don't like my memory of those great original 3 crapped on in his pathetic need for a return to glory when, again, he is well past his prime. I'm not saying he should up and die already - but really - as Garth used to say "Live in the now!"
Lucas = Dork
Sorry S.M.O - not to get into a pissing contest about the relative worth of various movies, but it had to be said about someone who, in my opinion, pissed on his own work - the original 3 Star Wars.

Dearest Chistka Counselor,

No need for apologies. We are all free to have our opinions, and that is a glorious thing. I too had difficulties upon seeing Episode I... initially... and then I sat back and put it into perspective - the intervening time and the degree to which the 'originals' were seminal works in many ways. But we have grown used to the effects that were so wonderous in those first movies, particularly in Episode IV - we have become jaded. As a filmmaker, I must remind myself the Mr. Lucas and ILM are in many ways responsible for the advances that have been made in both film visual and sound effects, and it is his perfectionism that has driven him to alter the spirit that is in the original three films to that which is found in the final three. I understand that perfectionism, though I do not necessarily agree with going back and altering work already completed and well-loved. He is, without doubt, a despicable script-writer and in any other movies, the dialogue could not stand... I can barely stand it in the final three films... but it is what it is, and as a story arc, it is an accomplishment. I must give him credit for that, even if I do not like other things about his work or his person. But neither do I know him as an individual, so I cannot speak to his character - only what he has done for the art of filmmaking in terms of technical advances.

But we digress... and this is probably not the proper place to speak of such dekadent indulgences...

Respectfully
S.M.O.

I loved the original 3 Star Wars movies as a kid. Then was so excited when that one came out in 1999. What I saw on the screen in 1999 did not even vaguely resemble what I saw in the 70's. I was pissed off to the max and refused to see the two that followed "Jar Jar Binx". I feel that Lucas is an arrogant kook who is well past his prime. If you watch certain interviews with him - he is seething with arrogance and a hyper sense of self-worth and importance. I loathe that sorry bastard now and will not watch anything else he makes.

I also think that he got a little too arrogant with his work, but I still like all the movies.
My friends and I joke around saying that what ruined all the movies were Luke and Anakin Skywalker. Just because they both seem to be such whiners.

My friend is really into the books, and says that Lucas ruined the series when he made the clones good instead of evil. Originally, they were supposed to be Mandalorian clones and that the Mandalorian Wars and the Clone Wars were the same thing, but I like how it turned out anyway.
I hope he makes more movies to explain what happened after the Battle of Endor and about the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and the collapse of the Empire, and the creation of the New Republic. I just hope that if the new movies are made, that they keep the Clones and make them the good guys again.

Kommissar Betty wrote:I also think that he got a little too arrogant with his work, but I still like all the movies.
My friends and I joke around saying that what ruined all the movies were Luke and Anakin Skywalker. Just because they both seem to be such whiners.

Perhaps the character of Anakin seems such a whiner because actor playing him is Kanadjian and seems to excel at whiny overly self-involved characters (see Life as a House, Shattered Glass and Virgin Suicides - I worked on that last one... Daddy came and bailed Sofia out when film stalled, and we were all exhausted working 20 hour days... so I guess we were all a little whiny on that one... should have taken summer courses for my masters instead of getting sucked back into 'head-stuck-so-far-up-their-own-asses-industry' that they turn inside out and all behave like spoilt children)... just a thought.

S.M.O.