Taxi Driver writer ponders script about killing Trump

Screenwriter and director Paul Schrader posted a bizarre Facebook message Wednesday in which he pondered the possibility of giving his screenwriting students an assignment about a plot to kill President Donald Trump.

Paul Schrader.jpg

Threatening to kill the president is a federal offense under the U.S. Code. It remains unclear if Schrader's Facebook post constitutes a threat since it is deliberately worded as a series of hypothetical scenarios.

Here is Schrader Facebook post

Paul Schrader tweet.png

As a white, old man his only way to rise to the top of the victim-pyramid is by getting himself into trouble with the Evil Orange Man. He secretly hopes to be tortured in Trump's gestapo chambers so he can wallow in progressive pity. Maybe, when they extract some fingernails, he'll reach "black woman" level. In his wildest dreams Trump's evil henchmen will break some of his bones and he can reach the god-like level of "transgender muslim".

Minitrue wrote:As a white, old man his only way to rise to the top of the victim-pyramid is by getting himself into trouble with the Evil Orange Man. He secretly hopes to be tortured in Trump's gestapo chambers so he can wallow in progressive pity. Maybe, when they extract some fingernails, he'll reach "black woman" level. In his wildest dreams Trump's evil henchmen will break some of his bones and he can reach the god-like level of "transgender muslim".

And should that happen, anything he writes or produces after that will automatically be nominated for the Oscars, Golden Globes, Pulitzer, and the Nobel Peace Prize - and win every single one.

To be complete, the assignment should contrast and compare what would have happened if this same line of questions were asked during the 'Obama' administration? Would he automatically been classified a racist since he is a white, old man? Or would he have been given a free pass being a liberal academian?

Well, Trump is destroying America. Energy independence, USMCTA, China Trade deal, lower taxes, record low unemployment, record high DJIA,S+P 500, NASDAQ, rising wages and Federal revenues...it's a living Hell.

Red Square wrote:
Minitrue wrote:As a white, old man his only way to rise to the top of the victim-pyramid is by getting himself into trouble with the Evil Orange Man. He secretly hopes to be tortured in Trump's gestapo chambers so he can wallow in progressive pity. Maybe, when they extract some fingernails, he'll reach "black woman" level. In his wildest dreams Trump's evil henchmen will break some of his bones and he can reach the god-like level of "transgender muslim".

And should that happen, anything he writes or produces after that [highlight=#FFFF00]will automatically be nominated for the Oscars, Golden Globes, Pulitzer, and the Nobel Peace Prize - and win every single one.[/highlight]

Comrades,

I've begun a worldwide search for the perfect piece of granite from which to carve HIS likeness. (I'm certain the Louvre will be quite interested) Wish me luck.

CC

Captain Craptek wrote:
Red Square wrote:

And should that happen, anything he writes or produces after that [highlight=#FFFF00]will automatically be nominated for the Oscars, Golden Globes, Pulitzer, and the Nobel Peace Prize - and win every single one.[/highlight]

Comrades,

I've begun a worldwide search for the perfect piece of granite from which to carve HIS likeness. (I'm certain the Louvre will be quite interested) Wish me luck.

CC

Might 'pelipsky recommend you consider using Texazistan Pink Granite for this monument to irrelevance? Texazistan Pink Granite is also known as Sunset Red granite, which would add a certain piquant flavor to your planned art installation.

Wishing you luck! CC
one rodent to another...
'pelipsky

Captain Craptek wrote:
Red Square wrote:

Comrades,

CC

[highlight=#ffff00]Might 'pelipsky recommend you consider using Texazistan Pink Granite[/highlight] for this monument to irrelevance? Texazistan Pink Granite is also known as Sunset Red granite, which would add a certain piquant flavor to your planned art installation.

Wishing you luck! CC
one rodent to another...
'pelipsky

Excellent suggestion, comrade. I can hardly wait to put chisel to Pink Van Dyke!

CC