Tennessee proposes ban on crescent and star

[img]/images/Ban_Flags_of_Slavery.jpg[/img]

Nashville, Tennessee - State lawmakers in the capital city of Nashville have proposed legislation that would ban what they term "symbols of hate" related to Chattanooga's latest tragedy, allegedly committed by radical Islamic terrorist Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez.

Speaking to reporters at the state house in Nashville, one State Senator said: "Last month's shooting in Columbia, South Carolina, by a white supremacist resulted in the banning of historic symbols of hate associated with white supremacy. It is only fitting that we should ban the hateful symbols of The Religion of Peace such as the Crescent and Star, as well as the ISIS flag."

At the time of this report it is unclear whether Walmart will continue to sell T-shirts and cakes emblazoned with these symbols, or if it will discontinue them as it did the Confederate battle flag, but one Walmart assistant manager who identified himself as Kareem said, "The rebel-flag represents slavery by greedy American capitalists, while the crescent and star represent the righteous domination of all of humanity by any and all means necessary to achieve the global caliphate, to be committed by peaceful Muslims. See the difference?"

Protesters gathered on the State House steps, carrying placards depicting the crescent and star and chanting, "Freedom of Speech for the Religion of Peace!"

Their leader, a middle-aged woman wearing a hijab, told reporters: "This is America. We can say anything we want. We are free to fly any flag we want. Symbols don't kill, individuals with guns do. You cannot blame symbols for the actions of a single individual." When asked about the banning of the Confederate battle flag, she had no comment.

The legislation is expected to spark a robust debate on the power of symbolism, and the wisdom of banning some symbols of hate, for the betterment of all concerned.

One leftist lawmaker, who refused to speak on the record, stated that "Christians have their cross, Muslims have their crescent and star. The cross is a symbol of death, while nobody ever died on a crescent moon or star."

And while they're at it, perhaps they can ban the hateful political jackass [ed note: redundant] donkey and elephant.

Yes, I fear that before too long, the only flag that will remain legal to fly over America will be the blank white flag of surrender. Surely it could not possibly be misconstrued as offensive to anyone. If so, I am sure we can negotiate harsher terms of surrender on ourselves to accommodate the offended.

Comrade Punk, white flags are racist. They are associated with France, who supported the Confederacy.

"There is but one fag flag, and M..."

ISIS_Gay_Flag.jpg

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:Comrade Punk, white flags are racist. They are associated with France, who supported the Confederacy.

"There is but one fag flag, and M..."
XXXXXXX(Arabic unpleasantries removed to maintain decorum)

If my Arabic still serves me after 9 years of disuse, you sir, are clearly from San Francisco. Goodness Gracious! Just a bit over the line and out of bounds, I'd say...

Using the media logic of blaming Pamela Gellar for being attacked by Muslims, Breitbart has concluded:

In Wake of Chattanooga Terror Attack, Provocative Gay Hate-Flag Must Come Down