Text Message Voting nears implementation

Tablet_Voting.jpg
It's not the votes that count. It's who counts the votes.
Comrades, it appears that our report, DNC Teams with American Idol for Text Message Voting, has lit a fire underneath the collective tech world. The demand for TMV is so great that Professor Juan Gilbert, of Clemson University, has developed a TMV system (using the iPad) ready to be launched in 2014 - two years sooner than we predicted in our report.

What does this mean for the future of the Progressive movement?

1) Free iPads for all. No longer will iPads be a niche market for the 1%. No longer will welfare recipients merely get free Obamaphones. No - the iPad has become a Civil Right. After a closed-door meeting with President Obama, Apple has agreed to forgo any profits, and manufacture iPads for free, for all. We surmise that if iPads existed in the 60s, Martin Luther King, Jr. would have marched for and demanded them.

2) More accurate voting. Mr. Gilbert claims that online voting "will be more accurate, have increased verification and make voting more accessible." If you select "Republican" on the iPad, the touch-screen knows which party you really meant to select (wink wink) and will change it for you.

3) The Democrat Party wins, forever. Gone are the days when Bush/Halliburton-owned Diebold controlled the voting, allowing Republicans to win an election now and then. The iPad-based TMV will funnel votes to the correct party (Democrat) ensuring our Permanent Victory.

Stay united, comrades! The glorious world of TMV is almost a reality!

[img]/peoples_resource/image/24957-textthevote.jpg[/img]

Free iPads for all, more korrekt voting, the Democrat Party wins, forever. What's not to like?

There is an app for that. Single party rule, rules.

SextTheVote.jpg
Comrades, if we really want to get the millennials into this we're going to need to be a bit more progressive, don't you think?

I am still a bit confused as to how this works. Would I use the app to actually cast my vote or is it just to receive a text telling me which Democrat received or will receive my vote? Is it possible to expand the capability of this technology to include an auto debit political contribution? The Unions do this now I know, but I was wondering about the rest of us.

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote: The Unions do this now I know, but I was wondering about the rest of us.

Comrade, you are not unionized? And you DARE to post here?
<spit>

you are dead to me.

Ambassador Tovarichi, as a conscript to the Military Maritime Fleet ("Red Fleet") I have party loyalty to the Komsomol (All-Union Leninist Young Communist League)... Therefore I am not threatened by patron-bribing nomenklatura elites. It was a joke Comrade, so don't get your roomy compulsory proletariat skivvies in a knot.

Ah yes, the military exclusion. Very well.

You are no longer dead, but still guilty of crimes against the state. We'll figure out what they are and let you know when and where to report for gulag. Until then, you have winter beets to plant.

They issue skivvies in the Red Navy?

Commodore Snoogie Woogums will hear of this immediately.

One pair to wear, one spare.

Soviet Mike Komsomolets wrote:

One to pair to wear, one spare.
So you see, he does have a union suit after all.

The ever curious [color=#C0392B]Soviet Mike Komsomolets[/color] wrote:

One pair to wear, one spare.
tovarichis-pair.jpg

obamacare-gay-ad-2.jpg

"Skivvie Envy" was soon rampant in the People Navy when submariners were issued their distinctive "blue" insignia skivvies for the Marxmas Day Of Rest Festival. Worst idea yet from the Peoples Uniform Design Directorate. I have a bad feeling about this. Note the leather belt modification as the Peoples Elastic Industrial Committee has long since met its five year production goal and has been shut down to re-tool. The new and improved elastic band will be included in the 2020 skivvy redesign.

"Skivvie Envy"? ...or Pride? All I can say is the "blue" insignia skivvies has brought some of the crew closer together (MUCH closer).

A pleasant chat on a Sunday morning news show...

why-only-two-skivvies.jpg

THIS IS DISCRIMINATION! THE DEAD DO NOT TEXT!

Thought Sheriff wrote:THIS IS DISCRIMINATION! THE DEAD DO NOT TEXT!
coffiniphone_w606w.jpg

Update! We're getting closer:

An Iowa Caucus Via the Internet?

Iowa Democrats are mulling a slate of ways to boost participation in their next presidential caucuses, including permitting Internet voting, a controversial method that would mark the first time in history the web is utilized to cast an official ballot preference for president.

I don't know... this type of voting is maybe not so good as we think, especially with regard to Iowa caucuses. For one thing, it is more difficult to intimidate persuade recalcitrant voters to our point of view over the Gore-net than in person. Perhaps we will need to hire thousands millions of unionized thugs persuaders (at taxpayer <spit> expense, of course) armed with positioning data to make sure the masses understand their choices correctly. Thank Obama the NSA now already knows where everyone is at all times; it will make this task easier.

Olga Photoshopova wrote:Update! We're getting closer:

An Iowa Caucus Via the Internet?

Iowa Democrats are mulling a slate of ways to boost participation in their next presidential caucuses, including permitting Internet voting, a controversial method that would mark the first time in history the web is utilized to cast an official ballot preference for president.
And why not? Superdelegates are on hand to correct any tallying errors and ensure a proper distribution of votes.

OLGA!!!!! Good to see you again! (...said every dude on The Cube™!)

Let's hope they don't start voting with chainsaws!
(Captain Craptek is mesmerized!)

Can't we just skip to the point where they text me who they voted for on my behalf so I can get back to tending my beets?