The CIA jokebook: US declassifies cache of Soviet jokes

[img]/images/various_uploads/Poster_Joke_CIA.jpg[/img]

The CIA jokebook: US declassifies cache of Soviet jokes its agents compiled during the Cold War to gauge public mood in the USSR

And people think the CIA has no sense of humor... These documents were actually classified!

• The CIA compiled a list of jokes told among the Soviets during the Cold War
  • It has now been revealed as part of a cache of declassified documents
  • One tells of a man who asks a store clerk 'you don't have any meat?', the clerk replies: 'No, we don't have any fish. The store opposite doesn't have any meat'
  • Another joke featured Ronald Reagan and the president found it so funny that he began using it himself

A headline you will never see:

The KGB declassifies cache of American jokes its agents compiled during the Cold War to gauge public mood in the US.

Of course, the cache of Soviet jokes that the KGB agents compiled internally to gauge public mood in the USSR have long ago been declassified.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................could Yakov Smirnoff's joke material have come from the C.I.A.? Did he come into possession of and leak classified jokes?

OMGosh Komrade Director I had no idea you had actually met Yakov Smirnoff! As soon as I read Komrade Ronitchka's article Smirnoff came immediately to mind as a credible suspect because Clara was right there during the 'Cold War' when he started his career and went on late night shows like Johnny Carson. Hmmmmmmmm........what was that.......about 30 some years ago?

I'm sure a little pre-dawn raid by the F.B.I. in his bedroom will jog his memory on where he got the jokes.