The difference between weather and climate

[img]/images/Weather_Climate_Differences.jpg[/img]

We hope this little chart will help the kollektive to overcome stage fright and become more successful in the climate debating scene. Let us reiterate the talking points:

1. Weather is what we can see and feel; climate is what the state and the prog-media tell us we ought to see and feel.
  2. Weather is measured in traditional layman units; climate is measured in Progressive Thermal Units (PTU).
  3. Weather historical data is public knowledge; climate historical data is classified, restricted to trained state climatologists only, and is subject to change without notice.

Excellent post, Comrade!

Proof, once again, that even though I am a Global Warming Climate Change expert, your intellect is still more equal than mine.

I humbly bow and re-affirm my loyalty to the State.

Effects - Weather: Distributed according to the complex interplay between geography, atmospheric conditions, etc.

Effects - Climate: RACIST!! Minorities, the poor, and the children suffer.

A wise old prog once told me that it doesn't matter what the evidence shows, because he remembered waist-deep snows as a child, and it only comes up to his knees now. That was proof enough for him. But then, others say that the blizzards from last winter were also proof of white Christian male induced Climate Change. How do I present this seemingly contradictory data during a debate with a Climate Denier?

Commissar Obamissar V wrote:Effects - Weather: Distributed according to the complex interplay between geography, atmospheric conditions, etc.

Effects - Climate: RACIST!! Minorities, the poor, and the children suffer.

Actually, comrade, I think you have this back to front.

Weather is selective, racist, bigoted and only benefits the rich 1% who are the only ones to have enough money to profit from weather events - such as rebuilding a city after George Bush drowned it.

Climate affects all equally and redistributes misery to the rich 1% in a far more devastating manner than the poor 99% could ever appreciate fully, since, as a normal part of the long days in the beet fields, they're used to experiencing the devastating effects of the climate.

The only differences are between weather and whether. According to an article I received today, global warming/climate change started in 1922.

Konservative_Punk wrote:A wise old prog once told me that it doesn't matter what the evidence shows

[snip]

How do I present this seemingly contradictory data during a debate with a Climate Denier?

You don't, Comrade. You send him to Room 101.

Deniers must be dealt with by experts, and the men of Room 101 (or women, if that's what the subject fears the most) are THE experts.

Where are John Kerry's "Climate Refugees" in the chart?

Everybody talks about the climate but nobody does anything about it!

Margaret wrote:Everybody talks about the climate but nobody does anything about it!

On the contrary, comrade Margaret. I am personally dealing, on an hourly basis, with an ongoing process of eliminating my own personal methane build up and redistributing that methane to the collective.

It certainly improves my climate.

The climate change educators: take your pick.

Nose pickers.jpg

It is so simple Comrades:

Climate is ANYTHING that proves the existence of Global Cooling... er.. Global Warming... Climate Change... er Climate Chaos

Weather is ANYTHING that is contrary to Climate Chaos...

QED

Although the National Weather Service cannot forecast the temperature beyond 10 days into the future, State approved Klimatologists can forecast the temperature 100 years into the future. You know what forecast I am relying on Comrade, I am dressed and ready!

El Presidente wrote:
The attachment weather copy2.jpg is no longer available
The attachment change copy.jpg is no longer available

Snowy as in A? Or B?

AorB.jpeg

If anyone sees this on the beach, consider it whether related, call me, I will do my best to find out whether or not it's a warm or cold front.

michelle `.jpg

If you see this on the beach, whether or not you believe in man-made climate change, it may be climate caused (or some guy called "El Nino" brought it there). Shoot it and make sure it is dead. Take it to the local global warming commissar for inspection.

Climate: Defended by ManBearPig
Derided by Racists, Homophobes, Alcoholics, and Smokers.

Here is more news about Climate Change ™. You must donate to the People's Party to prevent this from getting out of control.

Hammer and Loupe wrote:Here is more news about Climate Change ™. You must donate to the People's Party to prevent this from getting out of control.

Uh-Oh.jpg

My Our ENTIRE Beet Kollectiv has already voted - UNANIMOUSLY - that Global Cooling Global Warming Climate Change is Too Obvious To Question. [And so now, we are eagerly awaiting my our large Very Large $$$ Allotment for our entire Ragweed Crop, which someone, somehow will make into a Delicious Tonic that will alleviate some allergy symptoms for some sufferers!

Margaret wrote:Everybody talks about the climate but nobody does anything about it!

What rock have you been under? The polar bears are posing for photographs on wayward chunks of ice. A rather risky commitment to further the cause. Sea creatures making the ultimate sacrifice and washing ashore. Birds overdosing on blow midflight. What do you want, man? Some sort of economic boost for your personal portfolio, the weight of which falls squarely upon the backs of everyone in an NICU or nursing home? You are a pathetic piece of dung released by one of the suicidal whales.

Somebody reprogram this gal.

Let a rookie handle this. This one will be a pushover. I have an instructional video for the rookie to study.

尼采推高雏菊在已经喂虫子。 wrote:
Margaret wrote:

Tread lightly with these Washington State people. They make you think you won the assimilation battle until you start singing their fight song.